Questions about practice exams

Hi, everyone,
I notice that some practice exams, such as T2.b.Gujarati Chapters 1- 8, are from the old topics.
Does it still apply to the 2011 FRM exam? and does it still help to go through those practice exams?

Thank you.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi hsintalee,

Only the text changed (from Gujarati to Stock & Watson), the AIMs (topics) are virtually identical from 2010 to 2011 econometrics; so those Chapters 1-8 do indeed apply to 2011 econometrics
(we skipped a refresh of those Chapters, which we will do next year, because the AIMs are the same)

Thanks, David

Hi, David,
I got another question.
I notice that under the "practice questions," there are two files: 1) T2.Hull Chapter 21, 15 Jan 2010 and 2) T2.Hull Chapter 21,16 Jan 2011.

Is it beneficial to do both, or is it sufficient to do the newer version (2011) ??

Also, I notice that all those files under practice questions are more like study guide or practice problems, are you going to have anything that's like a sample exam ? If so, where can I find those ?

Thank you!!

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi hsintalee,

The answer to both questions is yes: if you only have time for one, I would just do the 2011 set (the most recent). If you have extra time, both are beneficial as the questions are different in detail.

* The 2010 is Hull's questions plus my "super-annotations;" i.e, extra questions i append
* The 2011 is a "second coat of paint" over of the same area: in multiple choice format, more realistic; but should be sufficient by itself). I would START with this and consider the 2010 optional.

Re: format of practice questions: you are correct: we don't have "mock exams" yet, i may try to develop two before the exam (after the formula sheet) ... we will keep you updated via the newsletter

Thanks! David

Harish_1

Hi BT.com,

I am not sure if this has been pointed out by any of the other BT users; I did a quick search on the forum and could not find anything related to this and hence this question.

I have been solving the practice questions and I notice that the hyperlinks that are given in the answers as reference to the forum threads don't work.

Here is one of the examples: In 'T2a. Quantitative Analysis: Gujarati, Chapters 1-8 FRM 2010 Practice Questions' page 12 has a link that reads "Here are four (4) more Bayes’ Theorem practice questions." (underlying link: http://forum.bionicturtle.com/viewthread/2524/) but turns out the thread does not exist.

Please help.

Thank you
Harish

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi Harish,

Yes, it's true we've rendered many old links obsolete. We upgraded the forum, and while the new forum is superior in many respects, legacy links (like your example) are broken.
Eventually, as we revise documents, they will be fixed ... but in the meantime it is a "price" we had to accept (there is no automatic fix).

I apologize for the inconvenience. Of course the structure of the forum is unchanged; i.e., in the paid area, it is still generally by T1 - T9 topic.
(but that would not help in the above example, of course)

Thanks, David