Question for David regarding ICBRR

Hi David,

I have passed FRM Part I and II and am waiting for the FRM certificate. Thank you so much for your helps. But I would like to continue to study for risk management and financial knowledge via an exam. Have you heard the International Certificate in Banking Risk and Regulation (ICBRR) exam? How helpful it is to a candidate working in the financial service industry in terms of the recognition in the industry? It seems a small exam that requires the candidate complete 80 questions within 170 minutes. How long does it take to prepare for this exam?

Thanks a lot.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi FRMStrawberry, I don't have any familiarity with the ICBRR, candidly. I've run this forum for years, and it's been mentioned maybe three times, and I've never encountered it elsewhere, so I have not investigated further. Sorry I can't give you some input, thanks,

Hi David,

thank you for you information. I just found one more certificate, which is called CQF. Is this a well known and widely accepted certificate to pursue? It seems it covers lots of quantitative knowledge and looks very interesting. But I am not sure how hard it is and if it is valuable to my career. Could you please give me any suggestions on this?

Thanks a lot.

Aenny

Subscriber
Hello FRMStrawberry , I know it isn't relevant to you any more, but maybe for some others.
I have taken the ICBRR on march. It gives a rough overview on same topics like FRM is testing about. I think it is a good way for snooping into the matter for the first time in order to receive a wide bandwith of all starting points where aspects of risk need to be considerated. Summing up, to me it was benefical. I would say for working in a risk management division it is a good first step, but FRM provides much more-in-depth knowledge.