PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
hello,

the videos some are way back 2 years ago, I was wondering if the material is up to date with GARP ?

thanks
Hello @truongbaoviet86

Please see our curriculum analysis spreadsheet that is located in the original post of this thread. You will see that GARP changed the layout of the Part 1 curriculum, but many of the learning objectives stayed the same so the videos that are published are still very relevant to the current curriculum. There is a great deal of discussion in this thread regarding updated materials. We are still working on updating our materials for 2020 (it takes a lot of time to provide quality materials) so we will be adding any new learning objectives to the videos, however, you can use the currently published videos since they are relevant to the learning objectives.

Agentpandy

Hi, quick question... I see that the mock exam for part 1 has been uploaded. In the forum I came across folks speaking of solving multiple mocks. Am I missing something? How many BT mock exams are going to be uploaded for our practice? Thanks in advance! I searched the forum but could not find my answer so reaching out here.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi, quick question... I see that the mock exam for part 1 has been uploaded. In the forum I came across folks speaking of solving multiple mocks. Am I missing something? How many BT mock exams are going to be uploaded for our practice? Thanks in advance! I searched the forum but could not find my answer so reaching out here.
Hello @Agentpandy

Please see my answer to this same question that was asked last week here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/study-plan-guide.8670/post-83198. Regarding the people speaking about multiple mock exams, those are discussions from previous years when we did have 2 mock exams. As noted in my response in the link I provided, I will try my very best to prepare and publish another mock exam before the October and November exam, but I cannot guarantee that this will be possible due to time constraints, as we are updating the focus review videos at this time, which take a tremendous amount of time to prepare, record, and publish.

Thank you,

Nicole

Agentpandy

Thanks, Nicole :) The global topic drills for each subject (FRM Part 1) - are the uploaded versions the latest or can we expect a revision to those anytime soon? Thanks once again.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Thanks, Nicole :) The global topic drills for each subject (FRM Part 1) - are the uploaded versions the latest or can we expect a revision to those anytime soon? Thanks once again.
Hello @Agentpandy

We will not be updating the global topic reviews before the exam, however, GARP does not change the entire syllabus every year so the currently published topic reviews are still relevant. Of course, they will be missing any new learning objectives that were added this year, but we have plenty of other materials published that include content for those new learning objectives. Please make sure to read through this entire discussion, as there are 6 pages of comments. We cannot provide a timeline about which specific materials will be updated and when. We update new materials according to perceived priority and will get as many materials published as humanly possible before the exam. We are two people working as hard as we can to get things updated ;)

Bucephalus

Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman Thanks for these current issues questions. Just checking when do you think the study notes might be available for the topics. It will help in quick and easy reference before the exam.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman Thanks for these current issues questions. Just checking when do you think the study notes might be available for the topics. It will help in quick and easy reference before the exam.
Hello @Bucephalus

We will do our best, however, we have to prepare notes, practice questions, and focus review videos that take priority over the current issues study notes first.

niteshaidasani

Hi,

Are there any plans to produce more than 1 mock exam for Part 2? Practice questions are great but more mock exams would be very useful to also practice time management. For the November 2019 sitting of Part 1, we had 2 full mock exams plus 8 mini mocks.

Many thanks

Nitesh

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,

Are there any plans to produce more than 1 mock exam for Part 2? Practice questions are great but more mock exams would be very useful to also practice time management. For the November 2019 sitting of Part 1, we had 2 full mock exams plus 8 mini mocks.

Many thanks

Nitesh
Hello @niteshaidasani
I moved your post to this thread, which answers your question HERE. We are doing our very best to provide as many materials as possible. Thank you.

Hi Nicole

Given the short time ahead of the exam, may I know when will the remaining notes be published, especially for the current issues of level 2, which could not be found in the official materials?(please let me know if I missed something). Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole

Given the short time ahead of the exam, may I know when will the remaining notes be published, especially for the current issues of level 2, which could not be found in the official materials?(please let me know if I missed something). Thanks.
Hello @ps_ricky_son

We do not publish notes for every reading in the curriculum (please see the original post of this thread). The current issues section will not have notes published. GARP has provided all of the source readings for current issues here on their website (scroll down to required readings): https://www.garp.org/#!/frm/study-materials. While we are still working on some notes that are currently in review, we have had to prioritize the readings.

Hi Nicole

Thanks for your update. I am just wondering why there are no current issues update but have questions. With your explanation, I know how to allocate my revision. Thanks.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @tuncutku I already wrote new PQs for each of the entire Liquidity and Treasury Risk topic (P2.T8). We won't be writing a topic review on this P2.T8 until early next year. Thanks,

Lmgroves1

Hi David, Nicole,

I just wondered if there are any study notes available for De Laurentis Chapter 3 (4th assigned reading for Credit Risk in Part 2). I would not usually ask, as I know you are working hard to get through all the changes to the curriculum, but I notice this chapter appears to have been assigned for the past 2/3 years already.

Thanks in advance.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi David, Nicole,

I just wondered if there are any study notes available for De Laurentis Chapter 3 (4th assigned reading for Credit Risk in Part 2). I would not usually ask, as I know you are working hard to get through all the changes to the curriculum, but I notice this chapter appears to have been assigned for the past 2/3 years already.

Thanks in advance.
Hello @Lmgroves1

There are some previous notes that we removed from the study planner to update them. Even though they have been in the curriculum for a number of years, there were updates that we were required to make in order to republish them. We could not republish the previous set of notes, unfortunately. We are trying our best to continue updating the notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.