Exam Feedback November 2022 Part 1 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
We hope that everyone did well on the FRM Part 1 exam! :) We would love to hear any feedback that you have about the exam. How did the exam go? Did you encounter unexpected questions? Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide!

YTan9184

Hi Nicole,

Speaking from my experience with the November Part 1 exam, I thought the questions were much shorter than the kind of questions posted by David. That being said, the exam was much more qualitative than I thought it would be, with only about 30-40 questions requiring calculations. The qualitatie questions were tricky though. Not very confident in passing but fingers crossed... hope everyone gets the results they hope for:)

Best Regards,
Yu Xuan

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Speaking from my experience with the November Part 1 exam, I thought the questions were much shorter than the kind of questions posted by David. That being said, the exam was much more qualitative than I thought it would be, with only about 30-40 questions requiring calculations. The qualitatie questions were tricky though. Not very confident in passing but fingers crossed... hope everyone gets the results they hope for:)

Best Regards,
Yu Xuan
@YTan9184 Thank you for your feedback. Yes, the questions that David writes have always been a bit more in-depth than the actual exam questions. He purposely does this so you are fully prepared for the concepts that will be tested :)

JParp9248

I sat for part 1 and had a decent experience. I believe the exam was not different than the GARP official mock exams. I’d say ~30 questions were quantitative and the rest were qualitative. I am 100% confident I answered 23 questions right, and had many 50/50 qualitative questions. Altogether, i believe i got around 55% correct, so I’m hoping the minimum passing score is in the low 50’s for this exam.

QNguy9021

Hi Nicole,

My exam was really heavy on qualitative concepts, making up approximately 75 questions. The questions were asked in a different way compared to GARP official mock exams or EOC practice questions. The quantitative part does not require any complex calculations. You can confidently round every choice to 50/50. Still, I am not confident at all whether I pass the exam.

If you are easily distracted by noises like the chair's movement or the finger tap on the table of other candidates because they are nervous, you may want to use the noise-cancelling headphone they provide. However, it brings a huge discomfort to your head and ears, especially for someone who wears glasses.

You may want to avoid using the washroom during the test cause it causes a bit of inconvenience and costs you some time (time does not stop when you leave). I mean you should definitely go if you need to but after coming back, you will be searched for security reasons. Hope I can say all the things above and not violate any rules of GARP.

Have a great evening!
Quan

FAnte6634

Passed with 1111. Thanks to all the staff of BT for the work!
My feedback: I think that the QBank should contain some more theoretical questions. I cannot deny that the material you furnish is high-end, but the exam is for the major part focused on tricky theoretical questions: I think that adding a little bit more of that would be nice. The theoretical questions that are in-force now helped me a lot on the exam (more than the numerical questions actually).
Greetings from Italy!

quartiles

Attachments

• first area Nov 2022.JPG
    first area Nov 2022.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 49
  • Second area Nov 2022.JPG
    Second area Nov 2022.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 49
  • first area Nov 2022.JPG
    first area Nov 2022.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 44
  • Second area Nov 2022.JPG
    Second area Nov 2022.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 48

dla00

Subscriber
Passed with 1111. Thanks to all the staff of BT for the work!
My feedback: I think that the QBank should contain some more theoretical questions. I cannot deny that the material you furnish is high-end, but the exam is for the major part focused on tricky theoretical questions: I think that adding a little bit more of that would be nice. The theoretical questions that are in-force now helped me a lot on the exam (more than the numerical questions actually).
Greetings from Italy!
I second this, the qualitative questions in the exam (which were around 70%) were very tricky.

feedback: question should clearly what practice is intended to achieve specifically regression and hypothesis but quant overall

kosafer

My result for P1 is Passed with 1,2,2,2. Thanks BT, @David Harper CFA FRM and @Nicole Seaman and thanks to all BT community. Now it's time for studies for P2.
As already mentioned earlier in this thread, some emphasis should be put on the conceptual/theoretical aspects of the exams prep questions.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.