Exam Feedback November 2021 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
did anyone fail by any chance? Are we experiencing self reporting bias?
There will always be self-reporting bias, but from my experience being with BT for 9 years, many people do not provide feedback in the forum if they did not pass. Most people who passed want to let it be known, but not everyone wants to announce that they did not pass, which is completely understandable because it is very disappointing after spending so much time studying. I've received emails from some who did not pass, so that tells me that they may just not everyone else to know ;)

Hamam

There will always be self-reporting bias, but from my experience being with BT for 9 years, many people do not provide feedback in the forum if they did not pass. Most people who passed want to let it be known, but not everyone wants to announce that they did not pass, which is completely understandable because it is very disappointing after spending so much time studying. I've received emails from some who did not pass, so that tells me that they may just not everyone else to know ;)

Last edited:

Sjegathe

Thanks Nicole. I appreciate it. The only reason i had asked is that someone posted four 4’s and passed. I was speechless!

philipgwood

Thank you so much David and Nicole for your support in my FRM studies. I have now passed part II with 3,1,2,2,2,2 and this success was down to the top quality material you prepared and made available. The videos and in depth notes were key to my studying strategy and final success. Phil - UK.

Ellie_10

I passed FRM part2 (221211), with better results than part 1 (3131).

Big thanks to BT, your efforts are much appreciated !!!

mohitjorj

Honestly, to maintain the prestige of the designation, GARP should consider at least lowering
I remember 2-3 years back when they had released the Nov pass list roughly 4-5k candidates were there for L2 and around 8-9k for L1. As per 2020 annual report, there were ~72k registrations but only 3.8k got certified at the end of the year. I might be wrong, but i think they have a target number for certified candidates each year, which gets achieved by keeping the pass rate close to 60%. Also, someone might not get certified in the same year as passing L2 due to no workex etc.

Maybe Nicole or David would be aware.

Sjegathe

Honestly, to maintain the prestige of the designation, GARP should consider at least lowering the lv2 pass rate.
This is an interesting question. What makes you think lowering the pass rate yields to a prestigious designation? In my opinion that thought itself is wrong. As long as you have the skill set and knowledge and are able to manage risk prudently for your employer then it’s sufficient. Also note that candidate pool is different compared to exams like CFA,CAIA etc. if you dismiss this, consider this fact, the pass rates historically hovers around 60%, say if you
Lower it to 50%, which means the candidates who took the exam in prior years have better shot at passing than they are now which doesn’t make sense lol( regardless of the methodology that determines the rate).

BoboFettertinz

In case it is useful to someone browsing these threads in the future, I passed with 2,1,1,2,2,1, and had the following practice test scores before the exam: BT - 58/80, Schweser- 60/80 and 61/80.