Exam Feedback November 2021 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Shortly would mean that it will be way before the end of January right ?
I would hope that they mean by the end of January. They didn't give me an idea of the date so I can't say for sure, but generally, the exam results are released the same day or within the same week at least.

Hamam

I would hope that they mean by the end of January. They didn't give me an idea of the date so I can't say for sure, but generally, the exam results are released the same day or within the same week at least.
Thanks Nicole; Do you mean after part 1 results are released then part 2 results are released on the same day or week?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Thanks Nicole; Do you mean after part 1 results are released then part 2 results are released on the same day or week?
Yes, from past experience, results for Part 1 and Part 2 are generally released around the same time. I'm sorry that I do not have more information about the date. You may want to try to email or call GARP directly to see if they can provide an answer. Unfortunately, they usually only provide us with the same information that they provide to the candidates and nothing more.

Sjegathe

Yes, from past experience, results for Part 1 and Part 2 are generally released around the same time. I'm sorry that I do not have more information about the date. You may want to try to email or call GARP directly to see if they can provide an answer. Unfortunately, they usually only provide us with the same information that they provide to the candidates and nothing more.
Garp is saying mid- end of February for the Frm 2 results to be released. So expect a delay.

Sjegathe

Did you get an email confirmation about this ? Because I called and they said it depends on the cycle and that results will be released at the end of Jan.
Spoke to them over the phone. What makes you think that they will confirm something in writing when the portal says Jan31?lol i called too.

Sjegathe

Did you get an email confirmation about this ? Because I called and they said it depends on the cycle and that results will be released at the end of Jan.
Spoke to them over the phone. What makes you think that will confirm something in writing when the portal says Jan31?lol

Sjegathe

Yeah - the correct answer was zero but was not given as an option. See below for anybody curious enough to check :) I may well be mistaken but I don't think so....

CLO: 30 Loans 1mm each pay SOFR + 120bps

SOFR flat at 2%

Senior: 22.5mm SOFR + 40bps
Mezz: 6.0mm SOFR + 250 BPS
Equity: 1.5mm

$0 overcollateralisation at start of year. Overcollaterallisation is capped at 150k

How much interest is paid to Equity tranche at end of year 1?

Answer in my opinion should be zero (as over collateralisation gets topped up first) but this was not an option.
This is a million-dollar question. I wish I knew the answer. Pun intended lol

Sjegathe

Well, that’s wrong information. And I can confirm that results will be released during the end of jan.
Someone might have told you that over that phone? What the person was saying is that they are trying to get the results by end of January but they are anticipating a delay which will push it to mid-late February. Did garp notify you in writing ? I dont think they would do it in writing. Exam results might even be out next monday. What i was trying to convey is that there could de delays. That’s all.

FabbrisF

If I am not wrong the Level I took place some weeks earlier.

By the way, I just learned that the CFA Level I pass rate in November 2021 was at 27%...
No idea when level I took place, but I recall @Nicole Seaman saying that level 2 results should be out within days of Level I results.

As for CFA level I pass rate, it went as low as 22% in July last year. And 27% is still very low indeed. Maybe they have more and more candidates and need to lower the pass rate to keep the prestige/quality of the exam constant.

Sjegathe

Someone might have told you that over that phone? What the person was saying is that they are trying to get the results by end of January but they are anticipating a delay which will push it to mid-late February. Did garp notify you in writing ? I dont think they would do it in writing. Exam results might even be out next monday. What i was trying to convey is that there could de delays. That’s all.
Called again, same response mid-End Feb.