Exam Feedback November 2021 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor1

Is it just me or did anyone else feel there was no correct answer for the lognormal VaR question? I thought it was a super easy question but after calculating it twice none of the choices came close.
I agree. That had me very confused. I wonder if they made an error with one of the inputs?

Hamam

I agree. That had me very confused. I wonder if they made an error with one of the inputs?
I’m not 100 percent certain but if I recall correctly I think in the question it stated it wanted the answer most closest to the correct answer.

Frodo81

Hi all

If I remember correctly, all FRM exams are now computer based. So, am I the only one wondering why it takes them that long to release the results?

Yes, it was about 30% Numerical Questions and 70% Theoretical Questions. I did the Numericals well. Should get above 80% there (20 out of 24/25. The Conceptuals were a little tricky. I tried eliminating answer choices to arrive at the right answer. One and even two choices could be easily and successfully eliminated in most cases; but eliminating the third was not so easy. Still, with diligently reading and analyzing each of the two remaining choices, it was possible in most instances. I hope to get above at least 65% in the Theoreticals (36 out of 55/56) as that is necessary to give me 70% Overall Pass. Lots of Questions, at least 3, about Unexpected Loss and Risk Contribution. Lol, Glad I memorized and worked out the Formula well just the morning of the Exam! I remember well it was between 2:00 to 6:00 PM IST and 10-11 AM I was working on Unexpected Loss and Risk Contribution alone - if I do pass, Unexpected Loss and Risk Contribution just might have made the difference!

Last edited:

Abhinav yadav

Yes, it was about 30% Numerical Questions and 70% Theoretical Questions. I did the Numericals well. Should get above 80% there (20 out of 24/25. The Conceptuals were a little tricky. I tried eliminating answer choices to arrive at the right answer. One and even two choices could be easily and successfully eliminated in most cases; but eliminating the third was not so easy. Still, with diligently reading and analyzing each of the two remaining choices, it was possible in most instances. I hope to get above at least 65% in the Theoreticals (36 out of 55/56) as that is necessary to give me 70% Overall Pass. Lots of Questions, at least 3, about Unexpected Loss and Risk Contribution. Lol, Glad I memorized and worked out the Formula well just the morning of the Exam! I remember well it was between 2:00 to 6:00 PM IST and 10-11 AM I was working on Unexpected Loss and Risk Contribution alone - if I do pass, Unexpected Loss and Risk Contribution just might have made the difference!
Did you give the exam on 6th december

Abhinav yadav

Theory questions were tricky. Numericals were moderate

Hi Abhinav. I wrote on December 8th, Wednesday. I remember it well. It was a Great Day. The Exam was Difficult but I'd prepared. For me, Numericals are the key to cracking the exam. If you know the Formula, and input the values correctly, you can be nearly 100% Confident that you have the right result. With Theoretical questions, some of them are a little ambiguous and open-ended so that more than one answer may sometimes seem defensible. That's the way I see it. That's why I focus First on Numericals. I did the say for FRM I when I cleared back when I was working in Bank of New York Mellon. I always prefer to go through the Entire Exam and do all the Numerical Problems First.

God Bless,
CS Investment Banker,
Nishant Xavier.

Abhinav yadav

Hi Abhinav. I wrote on December 8th, Wednesday. I remember it well. It was a Great Day. The Exam was Difficult but I'd prepared. For me, Numericals are the key to cracking the exam. If you know the Formula, and input the values correctly, you can be nearly 100% Confident that you have the right result. With Theoretical questions, some of them are a little ambiguous and open-ended so that more than one answer may sometimes seem defensible. That's the way I see it. That's why I focus First on Numericals. I did the say for FRM I when I cleared back when I was working in Bank of New York Mellon. I always prefer to go through the Entire Exam and do all the Numerical Problems First.

God Bless,
CS Investment Banker,
Nishant Xavier.
Thanks

Ainee

As the exam happens on different dates , so will we expect to get results also on different dates?
Got a question, when you log onto the FRM portal within the FRM Part 2 section, what message do you see? Does it only mention results end of january 2022 or is there also some message that registration is available after exam results are released?

neerajmig

Got a question, when you log onto the FRM portal within the FRM Part 2 section, what message do you see? Does it only mention results end of january 2022 or is there also some message that registration is available after exam results are released?
Both

Hamam

I remember for part 1, we did the exam on October 24th and got the result by end of December. This exam was conducted in the first half of the month; so maybe results may come out sooner.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
reading from nov part1 feedback forum , part1 result is out . any idea when part2 results will be out
GARP did not provide me with a date, but they said that the Part 2 results would be released shortly. If I can get any other information about the date, I will post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.