Exam Feedback November 2018 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Kiara

I also send them an inquiry and get an answer in 30 min:
"Please note that work experience submissions are reviewed in the same order they are received.<which is obviously not true> Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to estimate how much longer it will take or how many others submitted their work experience summaries before you. Please be advised that we received a very large number of experience submissions on 3 January 2019 which may account for the delay in the review of your experience "
It seems that nothing can be forecasted. Considering the efforts and resources we all invested in these exams, I would expect more planned and timely executed review process

Acsteyn

"Please note that work experience submissions are reviewed in the same order they are received.<which is obviously not true> Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to estimate how much longer it will take or how many others submitted their work experience summaries before you. Please be advised that we received a very large number of experience submissions on 3 January 2019 which may account for the delay in the review of your experience "
It seems that nothing can be forecasted. Considering the efforts and resources we all invested in these exams, I would expect more planned and timely executed review process

I also mailed them and received exactly the same reply within 30 mins... they did add some links and pricing to membership dues at the end of the mail as my membership lapsed lapsed and they used the chance to market the benefits

abhilashaa

No such luck on my side. I submitted on 3rd and have 2 years experience as a market risk manager at a bank and 4 years working on market risk software for the asset management industry, but still nothing.
Have patience! You'll get the good news soon!

frmwriter

Guys, please be patient. Its all happening. I think they are starting with easiest ones first like experiences based on current risk field.

absolutely untrue and false. I have 5 years in capital markets risk management at a Big 5 Canadian bank. My experience include 1 year in market risk and 4 years in trading credit risk. This is absurd and unacceptable, it is not like I am an office admin or janitor here. So to your theory, it should have been a no-brainer to certify my work experience and I submitted on first day in the afternoon, despite being in the Western hemisphere.

Any other theories on what order they use to certify candidates' work experience? so far we have:
  • FIFO
  • Easiest to most questionable
Here is mine:
  • Monte Carlo Method

Last edited:

vrmua

Certified minutes ago!

I have literally sent them an email less than half an hour ago, then I got a reply within 10 minutes saying the same FIFO feedback. 5 minutes later, I got the CV confirmation finally.

It is coming guys, good luck everyone.

Flashback

I received exactly the same answer in each and every word a week ago. It seems that they copy-paste it to all. Funny.

Flashback

absolutely untrue and false. I have 5 years in capital markets risk management at a Big 5 Canadian bank. My experience include 1 year in market risk and 4 years in trading credit risk. This is absurd and unacceptable, it is not like I am an office admin or janitor here. So to your theory, it should have been a no-brainer to certify my work experience and I submitted on first day in the afternoon, despite being in the Western hemisphere.

Any other theories on what order they use to certify candidates' work experience? so far we have:
  • FIFO
  • Easiest to most questionable
Here is mine:
  • Monte Carlo Method

Tombola method. They put all tickets into the roll. Those who have been drawn out are the lucky winners.:cool:

kevolution

I tend to actually agree this is pretty poor job on GARPs part because some of these certifications coincide with performance review timing and technically you're not officially certified until GARP has certified you (even though you passed the 2 exams) and this might impact your review cycle. Granted your employer may not be super critical of needing to see the certification (maybe the 2 exam results letters would be sufficient), but it's still rather annoying not to be certified a month after exam results have come out.

NawalKashyap

Thank you for your inquiry. I see that you have successfully submitted your work experience and it is in the process of being reviewed. Please note that work experience submissions are reviewed in the same order they are received. Unfortunately, at this time we are unable to estimate how much longer it will take or how many others submitted their work experience summaries before you.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Once the work experience review has been completed you will receive an email shortly thereafter.

Your certificate delivery date will depend on when your experience is formally approved. Any candidate whose experience is approved between 19 December 2018 and 15 March 2019 will have their certificate sent out by 29 March 2019.

While you are waiting, please be sure that your address is complete on your account, including all of the following details if applicable:

Building ## / Street name
Building name / Floor ## / Apartment or Suite ##
Local area name
Other important details
Phone ##

Please allow up to 8 weeks for the delivery of your certificate after it is sent out at the end of March.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Member Services at GARP.
****************************************************************************************************
I am still waiting for my certificate :(

Flashback

I hope they would finally pass through January 3rd since I submitted late in the evening (CET) that day. Distribution was probably skewed toward January 3rd (0:00 - 4 PM CET) according to my presumption. Those who submitted after January 3rd are the outliers (more than 2 σ from median).

matt6558

No updates on my side, I submitted my work experience on Jan 3rd about 3 am EST, hope to hear some good news this week for everyone!!

frmwriter

when was the latest they sent out exp approvals last year? I want to know if they will break new record with this year's timeline

Mirza2000

I submitted my work experience on January 3rd, 2019 and still have not received THE email. Meanwhile, I wrote twice to GARP to inquire about the review process (2nd time this morning) and this was part of the answer I received today: " ... due to the large number of experience submissions it is not out of the realm of possibility that an experience review can take 1-2 months to complete".
So it takes GARP 6 weeks to release the Exam results but up to 2 months to review the professional experience ... It's disappointing. CFA Institute was able to review my experience in less than 3 weeks back in 2013.

Kiara

It is disappointing indeed. And funny to read that the number of CVs surprised them. As mentioned above, it was easy to estimate the number of CVs already in Oct