Exam Feedback November 2017 Part 1 Exam Feedback

fxlprasetyo

Thank you David! I used this formula and as people have mentioned my answer didn't match too. Then I tweaked the formula to factor in weights of the respective ULs
( ((1/2)^2 * 64^2) + ((1/2)^2 96^2) + (2*1/2*1/2*0.450*64*96)) = 68.63. If I remember correctly, there was a 69 in one of the options. Marked it and moved on only to panic and miss out on some easier ones towards the end :|
I did the same, and the question did mention equal weight, that I missed during the first read.

Mace

Thank you so much for all the great feedback so far. I am enjoying a break in Cabo San Lucas, I just completed my scuba PADI certification :cool: and am spending some relaxing time with family. I hope you all get to enjoy a break too!!! :):D Thanks,

Enjoy, and congrats on the PADI certification. Is it David Harper CFA FRM PADI now? ;)

huzi

First, sorry for the double identical answer (do not know why ;-))

And errata => with continously compounding storage costs and lease rates given, I did not use r, S and F. I just used the fact that convenience yield is equal to storage costs + lease rate.
mate, the answer for convenience yield was it 2. 3...??(pls lemme know if anyone remembers the answer)... thnx a bunch

oldfed

mate, the answer for convenience yield was it 2. 3...??(pls lemme know if anyone remembers the answer)... thnx a bunch
I am sorry Huzi. I do not recall the digits. I may have answered 2,3. I can't say. I just remember that my computation relied on the hypothesis that:
convenience yield = cost of storage + lease rate.

Buglia

We hope that everyone did well on the FRM Part 1 exam on Saturday! :) We would love to hear any feedback that you have about the exam. How did it go? Did you encounter unexpected questions? Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide!
I found a couple of questions about the calculation of the insurance premium or something like that. But I don't remember to have found this topic in the preparation books. Does anybody know where the part related to insurance is covered in the preparation material?
Thanks,
Andrea

pint0

I found a couple of questions about the calculation of the insurance premium or something like that. But I don't remember to have found this topic in the preparation books. Does anybody know where the part related to insurance is covered in the preparation material?
Thanks,
Andrea

You can find it in the GARP and Schweser Books "Insurance Companies and Pension Plans". I think it was book 3: financial markets.

huzi

I am sorry Huzi. I do not recall the digits. I may have answered 2,3. I can't say. I just remember that my computation relied on the hypothesis that:
convenience yield = cost of storage + lease rate.
thnx mate... sorry dint che k this link for quite sometime..take care mate

hellohi

Hello, I accessed today to GARP website and I noticed that allowed me to download FRM Part 2 practice exam...despite I still waiting for Part 1 exam result and surely did not register for part 2 too. do you have the same?

Regards
Nabil

Neetu

Hello, I accessed today to GARP website and I noticed that allowed me to download FRM Part 2 practice exam...despite I still waiting for Part 1 exam result and surely did not register for part 2 too. do you have the same?

Regards
Nabil
The practice tests are free downloads available to everyone. It has no bearing to your results.

hellohi

The practice tests are free downloads available to everyone. It has no bearing to your results.
I know it is not related to my result..but the practice tests are not free at all, each test cost $150 if you are not registered to the exam...and you can't download part 2 practice test unless you registerd to part 2 and I am not registered, so I asked.

Last edited:

arnasp

Those who have appeared for the exam this time, while logged out, open the following link : [...]
then click on "Returning Candidate? Sign In" and login. Please post here what you see

Well, I get the following error:

Error
There are no exams available to register for. Please check back soon.

Not sure whether this means anything, though.

Message is there...... You will need to pass the FRM Exam Part II by November 2021. Otherwise you will have to re-enroll in the FRM Program as a new candidate.