Exam Feedback November 2015 Part 2 FRM Exam Feedback

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
@Aenny Totally congratulations, you deserve it: clearly you worked hard! I am so happy to see your result. THANK YOU .... :) ... and thank you for your kind words about our attitude, we love to hear it. It's our honor and privilege to be helpful where we can! Thanks,

soubhg01

Many thanks to David , Nicole and members of BT. I have number of questions to you:

1. Regarding the risk work ex. I posted my work ex in this forum earlier. Shakti Rathore shared his views. @ David Harper & others need your views on whether that will be enough to get the charter:
Worked in in Operational risk , governance and compliance area for 15 months and Offering development in overall M & A risk management approach including cybersecurity aspects in an M & A situation for around 9 months. Will it be good enough to get the FRM charter?

2.If not, given I cleared FRM II in Jan 2016, when is the last date I can submit my work ex? I was under the impression that within 5 yr I have to show a 2 yr work ex. But yesterday I got a mail from GARP saying that I have to submit my work ex within 31st March. Please guide me.

3.I wanted to study and practice some case studies involving macroeconomic and microeconomic factors and various concepts studied in FRM I & II much like the one on Chinese Bank that came in FRM II, 21st Nov, 2015 exam. Can you recommend any good resources?

Thanks!

Aenny

Subscriber
Hi @soubhg01 ,
Many thanks to David , Nicole and members of BT. I have number of questions to you:

2.If not, given I cleared FRM II in Jan 2016, when is the last date I can submit my work ex? I was under the impression that within 5 yr I have to show a 2 yr work ex. But yesterday I got a mail from GARP saying that I have to submit my work ex within 31st March. Please guide me.

Thanks!

I also recieved the mail you mention. It just says, if you submit your work ex until 31st March you will be within the next certification cycle. They send out the certificate (in paper form) in tranches [if I understood that right]. You can submit your work ex anytime later within the 5yrs horizon. Once they accepted your work ex you get an email saying you can use the title. The only thing which takes long is getting the hardcopy of the certificate itself because it is shipped on normal post way.

soubhg01

Hi @soubhg01 ,

I also recieved the mail you mention. It just says, if you submit your work ex until 31st March you will be within the next certification cycle. They send out the certificate (in paper form) in tranches [if I understood that right]. You can submit your work ex anytime later within the 5yrs horizon. Once they accepted your work ex you get an email saying you can use the title. The only thing which takes long is getting the hardcopy of the certificate itself because it is shipped on normal post way.

Thank you Aenny. I also got that 5 yr window information in the mail that came during FRM II results.
In the meantime do you have any opinion on point#1 ? Have you applied for the charter already?

Also if you any resources for point#3 , would be great. Looking for opportunities in the market. Such case studies will help complement the learning.

Aenny

Subscriber
Hi @soubhg01 ,

to point #1.) on the homepage it says "Demonstrate 2 years of professional full-time financial risk work experience".
In case of what work qualifies I applied as a rule of thumb : If I work in a field which is also covered by the FRM exam, I think it is qualifing. So coming back to your description op risk, governance , compliance and cybersecurity are part of risk management.
But that is just my personal opinion. In case of questions about the certification process I also asked the GARP Membership Team per e-mail. They replied quickly. You need to provide a short description of what you have done in your daily work, so if you could say you were focusing on risk issues I think (remember again: my personal opinion) it should be fine.
As you have asked: I submitted my CV online, and got an e-mail about beeing certified about 2-3 weeks later.
You enter your CV in a standardized online form. Maybe helpful: No special fromats are recognized. So you need not to waste time on thinking of the visual appearance. Focus on the things you want to say itself.

to point #3.) I keep looking the current issues GARP posts on the FRM curriculum. Maybe also helpful:
http://www.prmia.org/prm-exam/casestudies-standards
, but I am not sure if that are the right kind of cases you mean.

GioKe

Subscriber
Hi

I want to ask a question. What is score to pass FRM. For example 2:2:2:2 is enough?

Sincerely

Apprently someone passed P2 with 4,4,4,1,1. It's somewhere in this thread with an explanations as to how that is possible.

Last edited:

soubhg01

Have got the FRM charter a couple of weeks ago. Got the mail the very next day I submitted my work ex. Thanks to all the BT members , Nicole and David . Keep up the fabulous work. It's great to be here. My learnings will continue anyway with BT. Thanks.

Sidewinder

Subscriber
Anybody here, who has got his FRM Certificate already? According to GARP they sended the Certificates on April 15th.

soubhg01

Hi- anyone know any forum , professional groups where one can work on financial risk related assignments / projects (in the area of market risk , credit risk modelling, derivative pricing & valuation, Stress testing & scenario design etc) on a temporary/contract basis? I feel that to get cut in the industry with FRM, need some experience or talking points in the CV. Sincerely looking for an entry into the industry..would appreciate if anyone can help in anyway.

Jo_

Subscriber
Anybody here, who has got his FRM Certificate already? According to GARP they sended the Certificates on April 15th.

I would like to know this too, since i had confirmation of my certification in January, but still no Certificate up to date.