Exam Feedback November 2015 Part 2 FRM Exam Feedback

soubhg01

Passed - 11112 :).
Although did not use BT resources but I am sure it helped me post exam to reflect back and connect. FRM being a continuous education , I am confident that I will be visiting BT and learning...

vistag

Passed - 11112 :).
Although did not use BT resources but I am sure it helped me post exam to reflect back and connect. FRM being a continuous education , I am confident that I will be visiting BT and learning...

Congrats Buddy!! Can you pls throw some light on your sources of prep! this wd be helpful for future L2 participants!

abmisra

Passed - 31423 :).Though I feel I barely managed to get in. ;), still happy considering I started my prep in October last week:p
I was confident about just 50% of the attempts...Big Thanks to @David Harper CFA FRM and @Nicole Manley for all their help and support. I clearly recall that I was completely stumped when I picked up Schweser notes and was not able to grasp anything quite clearly but David with his simplicity in explaining concepts made it all quite easy :):).
Congratulations to all those who Cleared and best wishes for future aspirants :). Cheers ;)

soubhg01

Passed - 31423 :).Though I feel I barely managed to get in. ;), still happy considering I started my prep in October last week:p
I was confident about just 50% of the attempts...Big Thanks to @David Harper CFA FRM and @Nicole Manley for all their help and support. I clearly recall that I was completely stumped when I picked up Schweser notes and was not able to grasp anything quite clearly but David with his simplicity in explaining concepts made it all quite easy :):).
Congratulations to all those who Cleared and best wishes for future aspirants :). Cheers ;)
Congrats! I started prep Mid Sep and having lotsa festivities I barely managed to get 2 months..it was challenging, but a very fulfilling experience of learning.
Congrats all who have passed and wish all the best to prospective test takers!!

pui

Hi! i am thankful to Bionic Turtle teams & David in helping me clarify some issues which i had struggled when i read GARP book.
I didn't pay for Bionic Turtle because I already bought GARP book as I am new to risk management field and want to read in details,
but Bionic Turtle does an excellent job in organizing a summary, especially Black Scholes and KMV explanation (https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/merton-model-a-summary-of-the-issues.5646/).

Lastly, i managed to pass lv 2 with 2,1,1,1,2 and lv 1 last year with 2,1,1,2.

I wish you all the best.

Syd

Subscriber
Passed - 22122. :) Thanks a lot David and Nicole.

Congrats to all who passed and Best of Luck to everyone else.

soubhg01

Congrats Buddy!! Can you pls throw some light on your sources of prep! this wd be helpful for future L2 participants!
@vistag,
I did my entire prep using schweser notes and in only some cases assigned readings..however, I tried to understand the concepts well and for most of the chapters I prepared my own study notes with own understanding and representations. During revision, I used my study notes. Plus solved all the concept checkers in Kaplan Shweser twice, solved two full length test and questions at the end of each of the four books.
Having done that, I still feel that KS questions are more direct and theoretical whereas exam questions are far more tricky and from practitioner's point of view. BT will be of more help in the practice. So basic concept building can be in combination of one or more source but for practice BT must be part of the preparation - my 2 cents.

Jo_

Subscriber
Passed P2 1,1,1,1,1 after having passed P1 1,1,1,1. I exclusively used BT for P2 (no books, no other sources), so definitely some credit to BT for the quality of study notes and most of all exercises.

vistag

@vistag,
I did my entire prep using schweser notes and in only some cases assigned readings..however, I tried to understand the concepts well and for most of the chapters I prepared my own study notes with own understanding and representations. During revision, I used my study notes. Plus solved all the concept checkers in Kaplan Shweser twice, solved two full length test and questions at the end of each of the four books.
Having done that, I still feel that KS questions are more direct and theoretical whereas exam questions are far more tricky and from practitioner's point of view. BT will be of more help in the practice. So basic concept building can be in combination of one or more source but for practice BT must be part of the preparation - my 2 cents.

Thanks buddy! Will keep in touch!

aspire

Passed barely 23323
Used mixed bag of materials considering the time available. Congrats everyone and welcome 2o16 aspirants