Exam Feedback May 2023 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
We hope that everyone did well on the FRM Part 2 exam! We would love to hear any feedback that you have about the exam. How did the exam go? Did you encounter unexpected questions? Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide!

enjofaes

Exam went well! Had more than enough time. Had around 1 hour left. Some questions were a bit tricky, like for 2 or so I had no clue at all, around 10 or so it was a guess between 2 and all the rest gave me a bit of confidence. But it can always go the other way…

Below some questions that I tried to collect with colleagues. I’m not sure though if I can share them that thoroughly though?

Market risk
LN VaR vs VaR
"Failure rate" of 2%, 99% 1-day VaR calculation???
ES97.5% using historical simulation, given were the 25th worst, average ES of simulation, … ??
LN VaR vs VaR
FX swap basis
Undiversified VaR and diversified VaR and sum of CVaR
LDs
CS calculation (-1/N Ln(D/F))
LDA
CIR tree
Vol Smile about the Eur Put and Call same maturity = same smile
VaR
Ho-Lee tree
Specific risk vs general risk
Reason FX volatility
FRTB

Credit risk
CPR: 30 months SMM
CDS curve fluctuations
Risk Neutral pricing
BCVA calculation
Initial margin purpose
Merton zero coupon that could not be bought, what is the equivalent portfolio??
Copula
Z-score altman (easy one at least I think. Sumproduct)
Value TIPS based on regression hedge
Stress testing
CDS curve
Easy binomial tree
Trade compression
BCVA calculations but difficult one given only EPE and PD & LGD of institution and counterparty (tried it with BCVA = -CVA counterparty but didn't come out correctly)
Economic capital
PD calculation given names, and defaults per year. However question was 4y "discreet" PD. So I took the average of the 4 marginal PDs

ORR
TPRM
Six sigma method
2LOD responsibilities (eg. Offer training I think)
Model inventory responsibilities
Model error frictions
ML/FT
MLC
MRM
After VaR RAROC
Business continuity planning
ORX

Investment Management
Hedge funds
IRR
CE & PE formula hurdle
Low risk anomaly
VaR for Hedge funds, why not?
Hedge funds other question
Stratification, screening, quadratic programming and linear programming
t-stat alpha
CVaR
SMB, Mom always high HML
Correlation questions see #1
99% CVaR
Efficient frontier how to end up on it? sigma, MVaR, E®
99.9% CVaR #2
Regression vs benchmark & regression vs peers. Some weird explanations of why they matter. Skill vs peers, I don't think so normally skill is measured agains the benchmarks… so tricky!

Liquidity risk
LD (Liquidity duration): tedious, didn't recall formula: 4800 shares but 4000 average volatility 12% with options 12, 15, 10 and 18??
Illiquidity
Overdraft. But don’t recall it exactly
LRC
Repo liquidit risk and party
Maturity gap
LVaR
Inflation expectations and markets

Current issues
Climate risk and the effect on credit risk / market risk (eg. decline in property values will have an influence on the institution's market risk, other option which I took was the effect of the taxes on carbon dioxide production by companies which could have an effect on credit risk I thought)
Ridge vs Lasso regression descriptions
CBDC (eg. retail CBDC solved double spending)
Climate risk question
Decentralized exchanges

harsh123

I think that the sets are different for different time slots and few questions could surely be different ,as I saw few of these questions not appearing on my time slot .

But I felt theoretical questions to be so close options which made it quite a challenge to be confident on answer you are marking .

Quant questions were also not that straight forward .@enjofaes,
Need to see ,if we can pass by scoring 40/80(50%) on the test ,do we have any idea on this based on last trends .

harsh123

Hello all,
Its on the website that results for part 2 would be out in mid june .
Any idea or update on this ,yet

harsh123

haha yeah ,if they release results this week ,that should help us decide by june 30 th atleast for august session

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber

enjofaes

I'm not an expert on GARP's marketing, but from what I've seen, they tend to send out emails like this to their entire email list to remind everyone about registration deadlines. Not saying it is right, but I don't think they sent this to imply that anyone passed or failed.
Indeed was my thought too, but indicating mid-June and afterwards switching to mid-July (see below) it’s a bit of a shame

enjofaes

@David Harper CFA FRM @Nicole Seaman , is there a possibility from your side to contact GARP for this? They say mid June. For me mid June is tomorrow at the latest. All the mails that have been sent just contradict themselves..

You can also perhaps include the post with the 2 e-mails embedded above.

I mean adjusting the mid June to a certain week in the future shouldn’t be hard if this were the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.