Exam Feedback May 2018 Part 1 Exam Feedback

nikic

Is anyone else a repeat candidate here? When did you sit previously? How is the overall difficulty of the May 2018 paper compared to the one you sat for previously?

Karim_B

Subscriber
The latter part is obvious, i was just curious, as I've seen plenty of opinions that bt matetial is generally tougher/more challenging compared to other providers. Thanks
Hi @krystynkatt
I agree with this.

I used Schweser for FRM part I in May 2017 and their questions aren't representative of what's on the exam.

When I took the GARP mock exam it was a shock in terms of question complexity although I'd been scoring 70%+ on average using the Schweser questions, then I felt like I got spanked on the actual exam.

In fairness to Schweser I passed and did well, but honestly I think it's more of a reflection of others having done relatively worse rather than my having aced it.

I used BT for part II in May and generally felt better prepared for the exam questions (of course there were still some where I had no clue :) ).
Best
Karim

nikic

Anyone seeing any changes on the GARP website? I'm not seeing any updated messages to the effect of:

“Reminder:

You will need to pass the FRM Exam Part II by November 2020. Otherwise you will have to re-enroll in the FRM Program as a new candidate.”

lalalalogitech

just saw this on My Programs page too, does this mean anything?

Reminder:
You will need to pass the FRM Exam Part II by May 2022. Otherwise you will have to re-enroll in the FRM Program as a new candidate.

orubo

just saw this on My Programs page too, does this mean anything?

Reminder:
You will need to pass the FRM Exam Part II by May 2022. Otherwise you will have to re-enroll in the FRM Program as a new candidate.
I have the same message, could anyone confirm if it's a sure sign of pass?

iagopp

I do not see the message altough I only have a cell phone with me.

But the system allows me to register for FRM part II

I will have no access to a computer in a while...

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Just to remind everyone that the GARP website goes through changes throughout the exam results process. There is no way to know for sure if you failed or passed until they actually release the results. GARP has confirmed with us previously that changes on the website are NOT a true indication of a pass/fail. We have seen this every year. I know it is difficult to wait, but you will know your results soon! :)

nikic

Given that my name appears on the list, I'm reasonably confident I passed.

I honestly feel I scored somewhere smack between 60 and 70 correct out of the 100 questions. I'd maybe narrow it down even further to between 62 to 68. I felt better about IV than III most certainly, while I and II were OK. For the breakdown, I expect between a 2,1,2,1 and 3,2,3,2.