Exam Feedback May 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

I also choose linear downward sloping.
Same here...downward sloping...i am trying not to follow the thread but goddd...cant help it..its time actually now to breath for a month and wait for results...i can only say..when you left the exam hall and your first gut feel was that you made it..then you are thru...

bpdulog

I guess it is not a linear relationship coz the discount factor is 1/(1+r) which shd be look like 1/x

I am not saying you are wrong, since I really don't know what the text says (can't find reference). But I jsut made this quick and dirty chart with DFs:

upload_2017-5-23_13-17-23.png

Maybe I am wrong, who knows

Guys pardon me if i am wrong..i dont remember the exact question...there was some linear equation given which means a linear plot + definitely a downward sloping

Longpips

Estimate of the raw cutoff scores:

This is just my estimate.

These are the parameters. Pass rate for Pt 1=45%, for Pt , 55%.

GARP, in the past, had mentioned in its website (not sure if still valid) , that they take the top 5% and base t h e cutoff mark on that score.

On a 100-qn test, assume 95th percentile is 90 correct questions (realistic).

Let m=mean, s= std dev

Assuming normal dist, (90- m)/s=1.64
Now, in most standard tests, like SAT, GRE, etc, s = m/5.

Example: in SAT, if the mean is 500, 600 is 1 std dev.

Let P = passing score w h ere the pass rates are 45% for Pt 1 and 55% for Pt, we can now solve for P.

I solved this and came up with:

Raw pass score for Pt 1 = 69.5 (out of 100)
Raw pass score for Pt 2 = 52.8 (out of 80)

Just my estimate folks.

Good luck to all.

Part 2 Student

GARP, in the past, had mentioned in its website (not sure if still valid) , that they take the top 5% and base t h e cutoff mark on that score.

Let m=mean, s= std dev

Let P = passing score w h ere the pass rates are 45% for Pt 1 and 55% for Pt, we can now solve for P.

Just my estimate folks.

Good luck to all.
So that means for Part 2, we need to achieve 52.8/80=66.3% correct...that's no small feat

cj9101

Let m=mean, s= std dev

Just my estimate folks.

Good luck to all.
This was my argument.

ABC_2017

Same here...downward sloping...i am trying not to follow the thread but goddd...cant help it..its time actually now to breath for a month and wait for results...i can only say..when you left the exam hall and your first gut feel was that you made it..then you are thru...
do you mind quoting the ques exactly what it was please. Somehow I do not remember this one.

This was my argument.
So that means for Part 2, we need to achieve 52.8/80=66.3% correct...that's

Let m=mean, s= std dev

Just my estimate folks.

Good luck to all.
Appreciate the effort buddy...just to validate..your calculation says cuttoff 69.5 for L1..i was expecting around 60 in part 1 paper...we can do like +-5 so it becomes 55 to 65 range...basis your logic i should have not cleared but my score was 1121..so not that your calculation is wrong or something...its just that there may be other parameters that garp includes or may be nothing..they might just rank order and select the 55th percentile who knows...

Appreciate the effort buddy...just to validate..your calculation says cuttoff 69.5 for L1..i was expecting around 60 in part 1 paper...we can do like +-5 so it becomes 55 to 65 range...basis your logic i should have not cleared but my score was 1121..so not that your calculation is wrong or something...its just that there may be other parameters that garp includes or may be nothing..they might just rank order and select the 55th percentile who knows...

vistag

I choose LCR decreases because customers will move their deposits to other banks, not sure if thats right
There is additional verbiage in the question which we are missing. It says something on the lines that historically there is correlation between deposit rates and customer moving away but from last 2 years the CFO didn't find any much movement in deposits . At the same time it was also mentioned the interest rates were very low in recent years and the fed is thinking of increasing the interest rates after a long gap. So the recent correlation of deposits not moving much doesn't hold strong. So i assume LCR will be impacted downwardly

There is additional verbiage in the question which we are missing. It says something on the lines that historically there is correlation between deposit rates and customer moving away but from last 2 years the CFO didn't find any much movement in deposits . At the same time it was also mentioned the interest rates were very low in recent years and the fed is thinking of increasing the interest rates after a long gap. So the recent correlation of deposits not moving much doesn't hold strong. So i assume LCR will be impacted downwardly
yeyyy... so, may be I did mark it right ! Anyways, I tried to put myself in that situation, if I had been paid low rates for a whole lot while and suddenly other banks are offering a higher rate, will I be motivated enuf to move my deposits or not.. :)

FM22

yeyyy... so, may be I did mark it right ! Anyways, I tried to put myself in that situation, if I had been paid low rates for a whole lot while and suddenly other banks are offering a higher rate, will I be motivated enuf to move my deposits or not.. :)
but if the correlation is low meaning people are not motivated to move their deposits then there will be no impact on LCR.
secondly, LCR is a short term measure and no correlation of last two years means things are static.

but if the correlation is low meaning people are not motivated to move their deposits then there will be no impact on LCR.
secondly, LCR is a short term measure and no correlation of last two years means things are static.
Correlation was low because rates were low for a long time, that doesnt mean change in monetary policies will not impact correlation in the future, and I know LCR is a short term measure where outflows are to be considered in "stressed 30 days period", thats why it will be reduced due to outflows caused by redemptions