Exam Feedback May 2017 Part 1 Exam Feedback

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
I thought for May 20, 2017 FRM part-1 exams results date would be around the corner as last year it came on 27th June and the 6 weeks which is the maximum due-date is on July 01,2017.
The email that was sent out by GARP stated that the results would be released July 5th.

thomas518

upload_2017-6-26_15-29-52.png
My dashboard has 'FRM part 1 study topics' in the part of 'other programs to consider' today, and I don't think this existed before. Does this mean that I failed part 1 and do you guys have this in your dashboard ?

NiteshToshniwal

View attachment 1237
My dashboard has 'FRM part 1 study topics' in the part of 'other programs to consider' today, and I don't think this existed before. Does this mean that I failed part 1 and do you guys have this in your dashboard ?
The same comment is appearing in my dashboard as well. As the early registration has started already, it makes sense for the GARP to restrict this for the ones who have given part-1. In other words, that doesn't imply anything!

kevolution

View attachment 1237
FWIW, I passed Part 1 in Nov 2016, took Part 2 in May 2017, and I just checked the "Other Programs to Consider" and only see ERP. What does this mean?!

For Part 1, there was an early hint at your result a few days before official announcement that ended up being true -- it was if you couldn't purchase Part 1 books under "Study Materials" after logging in, it means that you passed. Also, a few days after it said "You will need to pass FRM Part 2 by XXX". Then a day later, they finally posted the official results.

Also, it seems like I can buy both sets of Study Materials for FRM Part 1 and 2 (did it reset because I passed or is this just nothing?)

EDIT: I just tried the same trick from the November 2016 Results thread, and logged out -> go to Register page -> try to sign back in as returning candidate to sign up, and it says "There are no exams to register for."

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
GARP has confirmed with me that July 5th is the date that the exam results will be released. There is always the chance that they will be released sooner, but they cannot guarantee anything before July 5th.

Stavut

FWIW, I passed Part 1 in Nov 2016, took Part 2 in May 2017, and I just checked the "Other Programs to Consider" and only see ERP. What does this mean?!

For Part 1, there was an early hint at your result a few days before official announcement that ended up being true -- it was if you couldn't purchase Part 1 books under "Study Materials" after logging in, it means that you passed. Also, a few days after it said "You will need to pass FRM Part 2 by XXX". Then a day later, they finally posted the official results.

Also, it seems like I can buy both sets of Study Materials for FRM Part 1 and 2 (did it reset because I passed or is this just nothing?)

EDIT: I just tried the same trick from the November 2016 Results thread, and logged out -> go to Register page -> try to sign back in as returning candidate to sign up, and it says "There are no exams to register for."

Thanks for the information regarding this, and thanks to Nicole for confirming the date.

I hope that the above (with study materials being unavailable for the passed exam) is inaccurate for this go as both book sets are available to me. If anyone has them greyed out, it could be interesting to know. Either way, there is luckily not much time left before the 5th.

Carbalpla

Thanks for the information regarding this, and thanks to Nicole for confirming the date.

I hope that the above (with study materials being unavailable for the passed exam) is inaccurate for this go as both book sets are available to me. If anyone has them greyed out, it could be interesting to know. Either way, there is luckily not much time left before the 5th.

I only see this in my dahsboard

upload_2017-6-26_22-58-56.png

But next to this I am still able to purchase part I and part II books so I do not what to think about....

Hi Guys, The results will be published on 5th July. Do check your dashboard on 4th July (late night). You can see the result in your dashboard some hours before they send an email to you (I assume the mailing list is huge so it takes time). Best of luck!!!!

Maddy

Is the portal allowing any Part 1 appeared candidate to register for Part 2 exam at present? I remember it was not allowing me earlier. But things have changed now.

Stavut

Think Schweser may have jumped the boat on this one. Just got an email from them stating that the results are out. So it's not only us that are hyped about the results coming in :)

Florent

Mine says "Reminder: You will need to pass the FRM Exam Part II by May 2021. Otherwise you will have to re-enroll in the FRM Program as a new candidate."
However, the result is "coming soon"

Maddy

Mine says "Reminder: You will need to pass the FRM Exam Part II by May 2021. Otherwise you will have to re-enroll in the FRM Program as a new candidate."
However, the result is "coming soon"
I guess the result will be out in few hours. The related back-end system is already reflecting the above reminder updates. I can also see the same.