Exam Feedback May 2017 Part 1 Exam Feedback

rnavarro

Thanks Dave and to BT Team ... BT rocks!
Count me in to your passing statistic ... I thought that I won't make it.
Here are my quartiles: 2-1- 3-1

... a junior quant here aspiring to get a deeper understanding of risk and finance through the FRM exams.

Last edited:

mg99

FYI, GARP just tweeted the pass rates (see https://twitter.com/GARP_Risk/status/880085908841693185) so we updated the chart below

Thank you for the kind words (and congratulations, of course!), we are delighted you find us useful! :) @surbhi.7310 , @satyapriya2004 , @Anir , @KJ00 , @slacknoise , @[email protected] , @Piotrek Luc , @Mark.Yong , @janicekg , @amandeepsharma27 , @Ilya D , @VinayB

0628-frm-pass-rates-may17.png

Hello @David Harper CFA FRM , Thank you, this is informative. Can someone from GARP help understand the marking scheme. I am only curious to understand why 1332 is a pass and 3132 is a fail. Thanks again!

kevolution

Hello @David Harper CFA FRM , Thank you, this is informative. Can someone from GARP help understand the marking scheme. I am only curious to understand why 1332 is a pass and 3132 is a fail. Thanks again!
Because the quartiles are only quartiles. You can fall within any % of the quartile, so 1332 is not the same as 3132. Think of it like if there was a more granular resolution (1.1, 3.2, 3.2, 2.1) is a better score than (1.9, 3.8, 3.9, 2.8) but they are in the same quartiles regardless.

XavierM

Passed! 4-1-2-1. Wow. Felt it to be a very difficult exam (something the 42% pass rate reflects) but I guess on percentiles it was ok. Did well in Quant and Valuation and Risk Models. Guessed most of the Foundations of Risk Management questions in the last minute, mostly incorrectly it seems. By God's grace, it didn't matter in the end. :D All's well that ends well. Thanks David for Bionic Turtle and this great forum.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Didn't get through. Result: 2-4-3-3. Congrats to all those who passed.

David and Nicole, Thank you for your support.
@chintanudeshi

I am sorry to hear that you did not pass the exam. We encourage you to keep trying, and remember that the Bionic Turtle team is here to help you through this tough FRM journey.

Nicole

Passed with 2-1-1-1.. was very skeptical as I studied primarily from Schewser and just reviewed BT for some parts .. relieved to see the hard work paid off. Thank you BT team
Do you think it's too late to start for Nov level 2 exam? Should I set the target for may 2018?

Hi Everyone,

Special thanks to @David Harper CFA FRM and @Nicole Seaman.

Proud to say I passed part one with 1-1-1-1. I used Bionic Turtle material for most of the topics; for really theoretical, content intensive I would recommend to go directly to the source (books) and read BT as a summary of the information. For quantitative intensive topics, I would say BT material is more than enough, referring to the source on these ones may be frustrating and time consuming.

I bought BT and owned a few books from the curriculum, did not buy GARP books.

Below my scores of the practice exams. Please note, 2016 and 2017 exams are pretty similar so there will always be a bias there. Practice will be key here.

upload_2017-7-1_10-53-8.png

Best,
-Roberto

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Nicole Seaman / @David Harper CFA FRM, could you please let me know from where can I get practice exams for FRM Part 1. I am planning to reappear in November this year; could not get through this time with 3132. Thanks!
Hello @mg99

You can get the current practice exams on the GARP website here: http://garp.org/#!/frm/study-materials. You can also access previous GARP practice exams here in our forum resources section: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/resources/categories/frm-practice-garp.16/.

Nicole