IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Updated Materials for 2015

Meredius

Seriously.... it's been stated that the materials will be updated and published before the exam multiple times.

Besides:
a) most of the materials remain intact so you still have access to BT's hard-earned work.
b) you have enough practice exams and David's questions to tide you over for quite some time.
c) a & b will keep you busy until the materials for new readings are updated.

It'll come when it comes and if you've already mastered all that's there currently then you already have less to worry about come exam day IMO.

Tarun Kaushal

Subscriber
I agree with your post but it was just a question .. no need to get so flared up .. forum's are there to ask questions and i am sure lot of aspirants felt like asking this question...

Meredius

I understand that but this has been addressed already.

And, like I added in my above post, there's already 85% of the material videos/questions sets available so I don't feel it's such a pressing question to be asked because of that.

Now get studying! :)

Ben575

Subscriber
@Meredius - '...It'll come when it comes ...' Your comments are not worth respondings to.
Niether Dave nor Nicole restrict users from asking questions... So we're lucky you're not involved with admin or mgt in BT, otherwise we'll get material a week before the exam.

brian.field

Subscriber
Let's all take it easy!

I understand both points of view. On the one hand, many of us are receiving alerts when new posts are added to the forum, so we are excited when we receive the alerts for a new topic or response. When we realize that the question has been asked and answered countless times, it is a bit of a downer and it can be frustrating - I am sure it can be frustrating for Nicole and David as well. On the other hand, anyone that purchases this product should be able to ask questions freely, in my opinion, so keep doing so!

Best of luck!

Brian

R

Rf67

I would agree, there is a fine line.

On the one hand you have customers paying money for a product that is expected to increase their chances of success but are waiting for materials with almost 8 weeks to go until the exam.

On the otherhand you have a very demanding curriculum that @bionicturtle have to take the time to meticulously reflect in the many study notes and question sets; if these are rushed then more errors occur which defeats the purpose of releasing them earlier.

Seems, according to the forum posts, people complain evey year. I guess 3 options;

more staff to ensure the product delivered quicker;

focus more on the november exam so Turtle have 11 months to make Part 1 and Part 2 materials perfect rather than rushing;

have more patient Bionic Turtle customers.

The last option seems the most reasonable :)

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Thank you @brianhfield and @Rf67. David and I are working VERY hard to get all of the materials published for our users. We do not mind answering questions, however, when we have answered the same question numerous times it does get frustrating. We posted this forum announcement for a reason. When we have to constantly answer the same status questions, it take very precious time away from our preparation of the materials that our users are asking about. As @Meredius stated, and I stated in the original post, the study planner is FULL of materials that are relevant to the 2015 exam. We understand that there are new readings, and we promise that we will be publishing them as soon as humanly possible. We strive to prepare and publish QUALITY materials to our customers. If we rush through the preparation, our customers will not receive the quality materials that we have always published. David and I are working very long days (usually 7 days per week) to get these new materials published. We ask that everyone remain patient and that they go through the materials that are currently available. The materials for the new readings are on their way ;)

Thank you,

Nicole

brian.field

Subscriber
Nicole, and David,

Here is a "materials update" question that I do not think has been asked nor answered - at least I have not found it asked nor answered elsewhere and I apologize if it was addressed previously.

I see that there are some topics that remain on the curriculum from 2014 to 2015, for example, the Part 2 Operational Risk reading "Principles for the Sound Management of Operational Risk".

Given this reading was part of the 2014 curriculum, and since there is no question set in the current study planner, should I assume that no question set will be produced for the 2015 exam either? (I am not suggesting that one should be produced per se.)

I have a list of items to check off as I complete them, for example, I review topics as follows and check them off once complete:

1) Original Reading
2) BT Notes
3) BT Video
4) BT Spreadsheets
5) BT Questions

The topic I mention above does not have a BT Video nor a BT Question Set nor a BT spreadsheet in the current study planner. (I assume that since this reading was part of the 2014 curriculum, if additional items were going to be produced, they would have been produced already.)

Is it safe for me to assume that if the items were part of the 2014 curriculum and were not part of the 2014 study planner, that they will likely not be part of the 2015 planner either?

I'd like to remove unneeded items from my list of "to dos" if they are not forthcoming.

Best,

Brian

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @brianhfield,

If the readings are carried over into the 2015 curriculum, we will try to update as many materials as possible, especially if they were not updated in 2014. Although I don't know exactly which readings will be updated and which will not, I know that we will try to update anything that is in the current curriculum so there are not many gaps. We are currently working on the new readings, but will begin to work on the readings that have been carried over and need updating as soon as possible. :)

Thanks,

Nicole

R

Rf67

Hello @brianhfield,

If the readings are carried over into the 2015 curriculum, we will try to update as many materials as possible, especially if they were not updated in 2014. Although I don't know exactly which readings will be updated and which will not, I know that we will try to update anything that is in the current curriculum so there are not many gaps. We are currently working on the new readings, but will begin to work on the readings that have been carried over and need updating as soon as possible. :)

Thanks,

Nicole

Thanks for that helpful reply :)

in addition to the Part 1 Review: Study Notes Formula Sheet,

will there be a theory equivalent to this uploaded before the exam? (as the Formula Sheet only covers the quantative aspects of FRM).

It would be of immense help whereby I could take a top down approach to the studying so that I can zone in on the concepts still unsure about. My thinking is to conduct studying in this order;

** 1st - Part 1 Review (Theory + Numerical)

**2nd - Topic Reviews (Theory + Question sets)

** 3rd - Reading Reviews (Reading + Question sets)

Because of the way the study planner is structured I guess there are countless ways to actually study. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks! :)

R

Rf67

Hello @brianhfield,

Thanks,

Nicole
Hi @bionicturtle

Additional to my previous question is it possible you guys can have EVERYTHING for 2015 Part 1 uploaded by April?

That would mean about 6 weeks from April 1st to have the full material available to really go at it without worrying about materials still missing etc.

I appreciate all the forum support etc and other messages about studying topics bit by bit until the material is uploaded, but if I am waiting mid April for materials it doesn't bode well.

Hope you can understand my arguments and see them as fair points,

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rf67

Hi

@bionicturtle

What's the script with Topic 4?

Are the readings with only videos (No Study Notes, No Question Sets) for supplementary use only?

BerndSE

Subscriber
Hi there,
I just signed up for the study material for Part II of the FRM exam - driven by the fact, that new readings are required this year which are not included in my past years FRM Part II study material.

However, I cannot find the Meissner chapters 1-4 right now. Would it be possible to upload the material? I really do not want to go through the original readings. When will you be able to upload these chapters? If you do not have the material ready yet, could you at least upload the videos for that part (also for those who bought the basic package)?

Thanks and kind regards from Düsseldorf!

R

Rf67

Hi

@bionicturtle

What's the script with Topic 4?

Are the readings with only videos (No Study Notes, No Question Sets) for supplementary use only?

Any news on this? There needs to be study notes and question sets for these readings that currently only have videos, otherwise the money I paid is not getting me the full reading list.

Getting a bit jaded with BT, it's only 4 weeks to go until the exam and still we have incomplete materials.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@Rf67 and @BerndSE

We are working as diligently as possible to get the materials prepared. Please watch the study planner, as we will be publishing more materials this week. Thank you for your patience.

Nicole

VishalJ

Subscriber
Hi,
@bionicturtle

It seems that study notes in the study planner for Gregory in part 2 are incomplete, i.e. only 69 pages are available (of 140 odd as per the index).

Is this something being updated or its just a bad file that you can replace?

Many Thanks,
Vishal

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Vishal,

Thank you for pointing this out! I am not sure why it cut off the pages after 69, but I was able to upload it again and it is now downloading all 138 pages. Please let me know if you continue to have issues with this.

Thank you,

Nicole

BerndSE

Subscriber
@Rf67 and @BerndSE

We are working as diligently as possible to get the materials prepared. Please watch the study planner, as we will be publishing more materials this week. Thank you for your patience.

Nicole

Ney Nicole, thanks for your response.

I just learned, that from Tuckman (Part II, Market Risk), chapter 6 is also missing. I appriciate your effort to prepare all the material. Anyhow, I still need some material to learn for the exam (which is in 4 weeks from now). Would it be possible to grant access to the video material for those chapters that are missing?

Kind regards, Bernd