How to preapare for formula sheet.

Hi David,

I almost completed the reading of 4 books for FRM part I distributed by GARP.

But I feel like that I couldn't memorize any formula I have read in the books.
I am wondering if your study notes include all the formulas required for the FRM exam. Or do you provide any formula sheet for this exam?

Thanks a lot.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi FRMStrawberry,

The notes should include all formulas, but we do publish a formula sheet (you can find last year's in the Study Planner). I will be updating it for 2012, but after the videos .... exact timing not determined yet. Thanks!

Hi David,

That sounds great. I am looking forward to your formula sheet.
Other than the formulae, there are so many description and definitions. Will these be included in your formula?
If not, do you have any good suggestions on how to put them together?

Thanks a lot.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Sure thing.

I think it's difficult to blend description/definition plus formula because, at some point in that, you are back to the overall summary. So, instead, my improvement this year to the formula sheet (my plan) is to add more examples to the formulas. I do try to retain some of the vital text, but it's a small selected subset only.

I don't have great suggestions because such a document would imply there is a quick cheat sheet, and the FRM doesn't really work that way. A cheat sheet can almost be a disservice by implying such a thing is possible. The best preparation is to work practice questions, in conjunction with the review. I hope that helps, thanks!