FRM Part 1 : Exam Done in Dubai 2011

EIA

Hend I think both
Wow, great memory Sacha, you managed to remember all this,

Maybe that's because you wrote this just after you left the exam?
I dropped to sleep the minute I reached home, since I didn't sleep for a minute the night before, and it seems I lost memory of all question specifics in that sleep.

I remember now the questions you mentioned.

There was one particular question I stopped at:
Bankers Trust was sued by Proctor & Gamble and -----Greetings, among the allegations against it:
I- The payoffs of the options it contracted for its clients were not clear to them
II- BT employees bragged about fooling clients.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but II was how I was proved true in court, not an allegation made against BT. So only I is correct. Right?

When I did practice questions on ethics, I always got it wrong, but the ones in the exam were pretty easy, I think.
You don't delegate your ethical responsibilities, and you become bound by code of conduct upon registration for FRM exam or GARP membership whichever comes first. (I'll always have doubts)

Good luck

I think both statements where correct because BT Staff actually bragged that they have fooled their customers.
This was one of the things gattehred when the palyed the recorded discussion and happened after.

Hend Abuenein

If you read about the case in a summary (Schweser notes or other) you'll think it happened after. In the narration of the case in GARP's AIM of financial disaster, story says that the recordings where submitted by BT themselves to prove their story against the 2 clients' allegations. The submission of these records showed the bragging.
This sequence tells you implicitly that the bragging was not in the allegations.

Was anyone else a little surprised about the question concerning backtesting VaR? It was mentioned in passing in a couple of the readings but I do not think it was one of the aims for part 1 ( could be wrong about this). I know that there is a whole chapter devoted to it in part 2 but it seems that with the hundreds (or thousands) of little facts they could have tested us on it seemed like an odd choice.

Hend Abuenein

Hi Fred,
I don't remember the question, but with regards to VaR back testing being in the AIMs, I think it was, because I read about it in Schweser notes. It wouldn't be there otherwise.

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
Question came in Quantitative analysis were:
Q1: p value is used for significance level finding with type I and type II errors options
Q2: one on finding probability of var exceeding a certain value?
Q3: find probability of picking certain growth stocks out of two given growth stocks?
Q4: binomial distribution as to finding the probabilties orders?
Q5: find the coeff. of determination?
Q6: one on which distribution is used in asset pricing ans is chi square.
Q7: given a regression euqation asking to find the significance levels of different constants as alpha,beta etc.
Q8: find the garch model?
Q9: one Q on heteroscedicity and multicollinearity
Q10 Graphical relation b/w var and Rho
Q11 Graphical relation b/w stand. deviation and rho
Q12 one on graph as to find the what is implied by it dont remember exactly
Q13 estimate standard deviation and correlation question
Q14 find value using EWMA mwthod?
Q15 find security for excess kurtosis and negative skewness
not remember rest
Question came in Financial markets and products were:
Q1: find the day on which margin has to be restored to maintainece margin level?
Q2: find the fact about exchange for physicals trade in futures exchange?
Q3: what is not true about futures?
Q4: the value of option increase for all except?
Q5: find the value of forward given storage costs etc.
Q6 the value of forwards decrease with increase in convinience yield?
Q7: find the IRP forward currency quote
Q8 find the exposure in foreign exchange? not sure on this my estimate==
Q9: find the spread on corporate bonds?
Q10: find the futures req to hedge portfolio shifting beta from .8 to 3.2

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
Question on foundations of risk management:
Q1:risk management creates values from distressed default or tax savings or both
Q2:the measure used to measure performance agaist beta: trynore ratio
Q3:eek:ne model based on apt given needed to find the rrate of return based on it and also one more thing cant remeber
Q4:find the beta based on capm model
Q5:find IR for a set of portfolo
Q6:Find IR and judge performances
Q7:eek:ne qustion on enterprise risk management asking its featute
Q8:identfy one which is no tgarp code of conduct
Q9: identify eligibilty to beacome a frm member
Q10 what led to lehman crisis?
Q11 find the most efficient portfolio with min. std deviation
Q12 what is influence of tax factor in security returns?
Q13:eek:ne on asking risk type?
Q14one on MPT
cant remember others

yk_srk

Last time there was a bug in GARP's website,
One of my friend who had sat for level 1 exam in 2010 was able to register himself before the results were actually out.
I too tried to do the same, and it says "Thank you for trying to register for the FRM Exam Part II. Because you have not cleared FRM Exam Part I or are not currently registered for Part I, we cannot allow you to register for FRM EXAM Part II at this time. To return to the registration page to register click here. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the FRM department at [email protected]."

So in all probability i didn't cleared the L1. For all those who cant wait till 4th of January, might wanna give it a try.

Hend Abuenein

So what you're saying is that your friend that he passed L1 because he was let in into L2 registration?

Did he really pass?

But what if there's a bug that let's you in when you haven't cleared ? :eek::eek:

yk_srk

Yes, indeed he did pass the exam, And if system let's me in, then i too would have cleared the exam, anyhow i still feel its too early to say anything. Just nervousness i guess

Addy

Hi Hend.. H r u..? U are still in the forums.. i am surprised.. Anyways good luck.. How is Muscat these days..?

Hend Abuenein

Hi.
I get notifications in my email whenever a new comment is made in topics I posted in.
Otherwise I don't visit the forums.
Muscat is beautiful this time of year. It's the season for picnicking :)
Thanks for asking

Regards.​