FRM MAY PART 1 2013 Feedback

MJ2013

Hi guys
Your first thoughts on the exam part 1
I could recollect some questions
Qn on responsibility of the board....answer seems to be increase in share holder value.
..Var calculations.....3 qns...10 day..1day var..
.simple questions on continuous & discrete compounding...
one question where different rates were give annual..semi annual..quarterly compounding...& was asked which is the highest.
..qn each on EXPECTED LOSS & ADJUSTED EXPOSURE....
straight forward questions on jensens alpha & CAPM
2Qns on binomial trees...1qn..I did not find the correct answer where the strike rate was 40..stock price was 50...American put...2step model 1year...pls let me know the answer if anyone can re collect

garp code of conduct....experienced analyst asked to prepare a model for india & china...the analyst informs the board that he its not aware of the markets so will take time.....
Data quality...business impact process
Communication failure qn....in the presentation analyst fails to explain..can't remember
3Fund portfolio graph...4portfolios ...asked which portfolio has all the 3 funds (small/mid/large cap)....efficient portfolio..was confusing
Probability 2 questions ....1 qn...80% both will default....if1 default..70% chance other will default..what is the probability of no default?
T statistic...confidence interval was asked..simple

MJ2013

One on transition matrix....very simple...
A.. rated transition to sub investment grade within a year...just add up the below investment probabilities for A rated

mali_shailesh

How did you find complexity level of FRM part 1 May 2013 exam ?

I found that compared to GARP practice exams, It was way too tough ... It may be due to Syllabus changes as well

Bionic question bank is really notch up and helped a lot in preparation.

MJ2013

One on transition matrix....very simple...
A.. rated transition to sub investment grade within a year...just add up the below investment probabilities for A rated

mina_no_Tabo

Hi guys....I wanna ask if there is a box for signature in answer sheet?
I just found that I have signature on question book while no signature on answer sheet.

Kush Sonigara

what abt "garp code of conduct....experienced analyst asked to prepare a model for india & china...the analyst informs the board that he its not aware of the markets so will take time....."?? did he violated CoC?

Kush Sonigara

guys for efficient frontier was portfolio C the answer? Also what was the probablity for returns to turn negative when mean is 10 and SD is 5?

mina_no_Tabo

chebyshev inequality
Pr(abs(X-u)>k*sigma)<1/k^2
Pr(abs(X-10)>2*5)<1/2^2
Pr(X-10>10)+Pr(X-10<-10)<0.25
2Pr(X-10<-10)<0.25 due to symmetrical , so Pr(X-10>10)=Pr(X-10<-10)
Pr(X<0)<0.125

mina_no_Tabo

i forgot to sign on question book front page..is it a big problem?..
i have signed on question book while didn't sign on answer sheet...
I dont know whether I have missed the signature or the signature is not required on answer sheet.
I afraid the GARP wont mark my answer sheet if signature is missed