FRM 2015 Study Guide is out today

Aashutosh

Hi,

I am new to GARP and FRM stuffs. I see exam registration and other costs goes upto $1000. Also books total upto $1700.

Can anyone please suggest me, is it necessary to purchase and go through FRM books from GARP or Bionic Turtle materials are sufficient for Part I and Part II both.

regards,

Ashutosh

Aenny

Subscriber
Hello Ashutosh,

I boguht the GARP books which cost me 380$ for part I (and I really have to say the shipping costs are outrageously high ) (I live in europe). I did part I in nov15. Looking back I must say BT notes are really sufficient. For reducing costs you could also borrow the main books from your nearest library instead of purchasing the GARP-books. It seems to me they are just putting all the chapters together and there is no real additional information compared to the original readings.

I hope that helps,
regars aenny

NNath

Hi Aenny, Do GARP books contained all the contents of the original reference as is. If that's the case we don't have to hunt for it at different places (internet, library, rentals etc.)

Aenny

Subscriber
from my point of view yes. but I did not check that with all chapters. I think if you write the question to garp themselves ([email protected]) they will tell you honestly if they just copy all the text or if they modify something.

Mohamed.FRM

For part 1, the study guide changes document for 2015 has many Additions and Deletions. I am wondering, How much Time does BT need to take in order to Update the materials (readings and practice questions) to reflect the new changes? or shall I depend on the current readings and practice questions!

brian.field

Subscriber
David and Nicole have answered questions of this sort many, many times. I suspect that the response will be similar to previous responses. See the below response from an earlier post.

Hello @BongoBolognese,

The 2015 GARP curriculum will be released in December. There are always a number of changes in the curriculum from year to year, but not every reading will change. Once the curriculum is released, this will give you an idea about which readings are added, which ones are changing and which ones don't change at all. Bionic Turtle begins to update our materials in January and we continue to update the materials right up until the exam. Hope this helps!!

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
@brianhfield, Yes thank you for posting!
@mohamedcia and @Grant15, as Brian posted above, we will follow the same process as previous years and begin updating the materials in January. We will continue to update up until the exam.

Thanks!

Nicole

Erantha

There are number of changes i.e. learning objectives 1-5, 7 & 13 are totally new under Foundations of Risk Management. So, quick rectification is really appreciated.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@Erantha,

Thank you for using Bionic Turtle! We have already analyzed the changes between the 2014 and 2015 , and we are aware that there are a number of new readings and changes throughout both Part 1 and Part 2. As stated above, we will follow the same process as previous years and begin updating the materials in January. We will continue to update materials up until the exam.

Thank you,

Nicole

Raffaele

Hello,

Thank you for your response Nicole.
Key question is: do we need to buy the new GARP books or will BT updates and new documents be sufficient to cover these new readings?
GARP should think about providing 1 book with only update and new texts for retakers... cheaper!

I had to delay my exam for personal reason and I see now that being across two different years is not comfortable...

Best,
Julien

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
Hello,

Thank you for your response Nicole.
Key question is: do we need to buy the new GARP books or will BT updates and new documents be sufficient to cover these new readings?
GARP should think about providing 1 book with only update and new texts for retakers... cheaper!

I had to delay my exam for personal reason and I see now that being across two different years is not comfortable...

Best,
Julien
Hi,its upto you.BT folks are updating their material as per changes in frm curricullum as nicole already cited above..I think BT material is more than enough as i saw its fantastic videos and elaborate notes.BT notes covers each and every Aim with nothing left behind.formula sheets are fantastic to do quick last hour revisio.xl sheets enhance ur ubderstanding and helps u grasp concepts better .you can go for usual frm readings too but i would strongly recommend BT and only BT. BT is best in the business.
Thanks

Mohamed.FRM

there is no question that BT is among the best. It is better to focus on mastering the key concepts/AIMs. Exam will NOT cover every AIM. Our main concern here is the timing of updating the questions and the related readings. Could BT share a timetable regarding the areas/AIMs need to be updated and proposed dates to complete the update, therefore, we can plan ahead?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @mohamedcia,

Thank you for using Bionic Turtle and stating that we are among the best! In the past, we have published a calendar showing a schedule that the materials could tentatively be published, but we have discontinued this. Unfortunately, the calendar turned into A LOT of status update requests from some of our users, which was very distracting to our team. It is difficult to respond to all of these status updates, as it takes away from preparing and publishing updated materials. We will publish the updated list of materials in the forum as they are updated. We also place the date that materials were updated in their title. We appreciate your understanding.

Thank you,

Nicole

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @tosuhn,

Happy New Year to you! We will begin updating our materials this month to coincide with the GARP 2015 curriculum. We do not have specific dates that materials will be published, but I can assure you that we are working VERY hard to make sure that new materials will be consistently published throughout the exam period. We will also begin posting our daily practice question on Monday, January 5th so be sure to watch the forum! :)

Thanks!

Nicole

Biju George

Subscriber
Hello Team,
I gave the FRM Part-1 for Dec .Unfortunately couldn't make it through .Thought of giving again and was reviewing the Part-1 changes from Dec-14 To May-15.Keeping aside Additions and Deletions, on the updates part can we more or less assume there is not much change on these topics.

Thanks in advance

machaang

Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Is there a AIM comparison of FRM II 2014 and 2015? Any information is much appreciated.
Thank you