IMPORTANT 2023/2024 Curriculum Change Analysis Spreadsheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Below are the spreadsheets that we prepare each year to analyze the changes in the GARP curriculum from year to year. This analysis shows readings that have been removed, added, and changed. Any readings in red have been removed in 2024, readings in blue are new to 2024, and readings in black are unchanged. Although GARP provides the Study Guide Changes, this XLS analyzes all of the changes in the learning objectives.

* Note that these spreadsheets analyze the changes from 2010-2024, so there are tabs at the bottom for each year.

Last edited:

mayroncardoso

Dear Nicole,

I appreciate the impressive speed with which your team is handling this fabulous task. However, I would have liked to be informed about the lack of updates before purchasing the course. Please understand that I aim to express my concerns as politely as possible.

Best regards,

zhuan4928

Subscriber
Dear Nicole,

I appreciate the impressive speed with which your team is handling this fabulous task. However, I would have liked to be informed about the lack of updates before purchasing the course. Please understand that I aim to express my concerns as politely as possible.

Best regards,
I completely agree with you, I was considering refunds and took me a few hours to figure out what's going on

jtmwdc

Subscriber
I completely agree with you, I was considering refunds and took me a few hours to figure out what's going on
Agree. This is getting frustrating. They said January. Now it's the middle of February and no updates. My exam is in May. I fear I won't have enough time to fully review what I paid for. I can't even access last years' material in Bookshelf. I've been watching some videos, but they are dated and don't match up to the GARP curriculum. Some videos are covering Learning Objectives that aren't in the GARP curriculum anymore. Would appreciate ANY update. What did I pay for?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
@zhuan4928 @jtmwdc I am very sorry that you are frustrated, and I do understand. You are correct that there are certain materials that have not been updated yet. We did say we BEGIN to update the materials in January, and we continue to update throughout the exam period, as we have for over ten years. That discussion is in our publishing process thread, which I try to make very clear each year so there is no misunderstanding since it would be impossible for us to update everything by January.

There are many chapters and readings in the curriculum that have not changed. I spend time on this curriculum analysis when the curriculum is first released so we can easily see those changes and map any learning objectives that may be a little bit different but contain the same content or have been moved to a different chapter/reading. I've left all relevant materials in the study planner.

I can assure you that I am working tirelessly to get these materials finished. I am and always have been 100% about ensuring our customers receive what they have paid for. I worked from 8:00am until midnight last night and will do the same this week until I can get a good part of the materials that I have on my review list published. If I can ask for your patience this week, I can promise you that there will be new materials in the study planner by the end of the week. I just want everyone to remember there is a human behind BT, and we are not a big company.

If you have any further questions, please send me a private message in the forum so we aren't filling up the forum with discussion about the updates. We try to keep the forum focused on discussions and questions about the concepts. Thank you very much for your patience.

Nicole

TRodr8314

Dear @Nicole Seaman

Could you please provide an estimative for the release of the new material? That would be a way for the candidates to schedule the studies... There's not much time left, considering the May exam deadline, and it's becoming an additional pressure...

Kind regards

filippo91

Dear @Nicole Seaman

Could you please provide an estimative for the release of the new material? That would be a way for the candidates to schedule the studies... There's not much time left, considering the May exam deadline, and it's becoming an additional pressure...

Kind regards
I agree with @TRodr8314. May session is fast approaching - it is crucial to know when new materials will be available to organize our study effort

aalirahman

Subscriber
@Nicole Seaman i don't understand how can you guys expect full time employees to wait for your material to be updated? We did not pay for 2 months. I think you guys should stop selling the course till it is updated. And I disagree this does not happen all the time I bought FRM level 1 in 2020 and everything was updated way before the exam. I just have two months and I need to skip topics just because material is not updated.

chen1003

Subscriber
Hi Nicole

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I haven't noticed any updates for part2 credit and current issue so far. You mentioned that updates would begin in January, but now it's March... I wasn't expecting everything to be updated, but I thought at least some updates would have been implemented by now. While I've refrained from actively seeking updates and posting questions here, it's important to express our frustration. The May exam is fast approaching, and the lack of updates only compounds our worries and uncertainties.

aalirahman

Subscriber
Hi Nicole

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I haven't noticed any updates for part2 credit and current issue so far. You mentioned that updates would begin in January, but now it's March... I wasn't expecting everything to be updated, but I thought at least some updates would have been implemented by now. While I've refrained from actively seeking updates and posting questions here, it's important to express our frustration. The May exam is fast approaching, and the lack of updates only compounds our worries and uncertainties.
I couldn't agree more. I am not too sure what happened to the quality of bionic turtle's service.

Status
Not open for further replies.