2021 Exam Updates from GARP (for 2021 postponed exam updates only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRM.2021

Are there any recent updates about FRM Part1 Mid July exams in India? My state will be under lockdown condition and there is no update about the Exam.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Are there any recent updates about FRM Part1 Mid July exams in India? My state will be under lockdown condition and there is no update about the Exam.
Hello @FRM.2021 I moved your post to this thread, which lists any announcements from GARP regarding exam postponements. There have been no further announcements regarding the exams in India. The original post in this thread lists all of the announcements and I also comment within the thread with any new announcements for those who are watching this thread. I check the GARP website numerous times per day to see if there is anything new and post here. You can also bookmark their announcements page here: https://www.garp.org/important-notices.

NicD

unfortunately not that I am aware of. Might be good for you to contact GARP or the test exam provider (PSI?)
I tried contacting GARP for this as well as a few other things. Haven't received any response. Its been 20+ days.
The PSI told me you 'might' get something from GARP. They also aren't sure.

Is there someone else who could help us? The exam is just a few days away and we're absolutely clueless at this point :)

Last edited:

bollengc

I tried contacting GARP for this as well as a few other things. Haven't received any response. Its been 20+ days.
The PSI told me you 'might' get something from GARP. They also aren't sure.

Is there someone else who could help us? The exam is just a few days away and we're absolutely clueless at this point :)
I contacted GARP via email on 21st June. (difference in name on confirmation letter and passport), and until yesterday, I got no reply.
I decided to call them yesterday afternoon. It took me 1 min to reach someone who was really helpful. I received an update on the case (the one opened after I sent my email in June) after the call.
Now, I just need to see when the new confirmation email from PSI will be generated. (it might require additional emails / phone calls to PSI)

As far as I can tell, my contact with GARP via phone was really good and solved the 1st part of my issue so I would really recommend that you call them to start with.

Last edited:

MICHELLE009

Are there any updates about FRM Part1 July exam in Sydney?

We follow the stay-at-home orders for a period of 14 days. The lockdown will be ended on Friday 9 July.

Ketaki95

Hello @FRM.2021 I moved your post to this thread, which lists any announcements from GARP regarding exam postponements. There have been no further announcements regarding the exams in India. The original post in this thread lists all of the announcements and I also comment within the thread with any new announcements for those who are watching this thread. I check the GARP website numerous times per day to see if there is anything new and post here. You can also bookmark their announcements page here: https://www.garp.org/important-notices.
I am from Mumbai, India and have registered for July 2021 exams. I am facing similar issues. I am unable to view the admission ticket on the dashboard. I am really not sure if they have released the admission letters or is it an issue with my profile. I have dropped an email to GARP help desk but have received no reply. Is there a way I can get this confirmed?

NicD

Are there any updates about FRM Part1 July exam in Sydney?

We follow the stay-at-home orders for a period of 14 days. The lockdown will be ended on Friday 9 July.
Hey! As of now there are no updates from GARP regarding exams at any location. India still is recording 45000+ cases per day with the situation outside quite tense.

I tried calling GARP yesterday but did not receive any response from their end.
Let's hope for the best :)

Jaskarn

I contacted GARP via email on 21st June. (difference in name on confirmation letter and passport), and until yesterday, I got no reply.
I decided to call them yesterday afternoon. It took me 1 min to reach someone who was really helpful. I received an update on the case (the one opened after I sent my email in June) after the call.
Now, I just need to see when the new confirmation email from PSI will be generated. (it might require additional emails / phone calls to PSI)

As far as I can tell, my contact with GARP via phone was really good and solved the 1st part of my issue so I would really recommend that you call them to start with.
@bollengc : Also, I have this issue. However, I do not have GARP services on call in my country. So I had dropped in email. on PSI confirmation mail they have written first and last name only. However, on GARP portal I have my full name. Now sure if this will create confusions on my exam day.

NicD

@bollengc : Also, I have this issue. However, I do not have GARP services on call in my country. So I had dropped in email. on PSI confirmation mail they have written first and last name only. However, on GARP portal I have my full name. Now sure if this will create confusions on my exam day.
My Test Centre provided me with these details yesterday to get in touch with in case of any issues. Hope this helps anyone who might need it :)

+18007339267 (after 04:30 am pacific time)

[email protected]

bollengc

hi,
if I go on GARP's website, on my dashboard and press 'view full details' on my program to check my registration, I initially saw:

Name: SURNAME
(not even my 1st name was showing up there)
and my PSI confirmation was under SURNAME Camille.

After calling GARP I can now see, Name: SURNAME Camille M**** M****
1625213843693.png
I am in Europe and called the GARP US number during their working time.
USA/NJ: +1 (201) 719.7210

so if the GARP info at that level is correct, I would indeed contact directly PSI (if it is your test exam provider) as recommended by @NicD just above.
On my side, I will allow a few days to see if I receive a new confirmation email from PSI, otherwise will contact them next week.

The confirmation email + GARP's email stated several times the names on confirmation should match the name on official ID (passport, driving license...). So I prefer having it correct rather than being refused entry to the exam center.

good luck :)
Camille

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: JUL 1, 2021
JULY FRM EXAMS PART I POSTPONED IN RUSSIA

Due to continued COVID-19 related restrictions, GARP must postpone all its upcoming July 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I in Russia. All candidates registered for the July Exam will automatically be registered for a November Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and the deadline to schedule is October 20, 2021.

IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENT FOR JULY FRM PART I CANDIDATES IN CHINA

Due to safety requirements in China regarding COVID-19, all candidates taking the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exam Part I must complete a Health Commitment Statement, which will be provided by staff on exam day. Candidates will need to fill it out in its entirety and give it to the proctor during check-in.

In addition, the local government mandates that all candidates located in Guangzhou provide a Nucleic Acid proof report valid 48 hours prior to their exam date/time and that all candidates located in Shenzhen provide a Nucleic Acid proof report valid 72 hours prior to their exam date/time.

Candidates who do not complete the Health Commitment Statement and/or do not provide the Nucleic Acid proof will not be able to sit for the Exam and will be required to pay the exam fee when they re-register.

JULY FRM EXAMS PART I POSTPONED IN MALAYSIA

Due to continued COVID-19 related restrictions, GARP must postpone all its upcoming July 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I in Malaysia. All candidates registered for the July Exam will automatically be registered for a November Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and the deadline to schedule is October 20, 2021.

NicD

I am from Mumbai, India and have registered for July 2021 exams. I am facing similar issues. I am unable to view the admission ticket on the dashboard. I am really not sure if they have released the admission letters or is it an issue with my profile. I have dropped an email to GARP help desk but have received no reply. Is there a way I can get this confirmed?
Hey Ketaki,
@bollengc helped me with this over personal message.
If you booked your test centre the same day as you paid your fees, check your mail box. The PSI would've sent you the email the same day. You should've received the mail the same day you booked your centre. The admission ticket is that email. The email needs to be printed

You could look for the email with the key words 'appointment confirmation'.
The subject of the email was 'Thank you for scheduling your Financial Risk Manager Part I Exam with PSI'.

Incase you're still unable to find the email, I've attached the email and contact number of PSI I got from my test centre. They told me to contact them incase of any issues.

[email protected]

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nicole.

Ketaki95

Hey Ketaki,
If you booked your test centre the same day as you paid your fees, check your mail box. The PSI would've sent you the email the same day. You should've received the mail the same day you booked your centre. The admission ticket is that email. The email needs to be printed

The subject of the email was 'Thank you for scheduling your Financial Risk Manager Part I Exam with PSI'.

Incase you're still unable to find the email, I've attached the email and contact number of PSI I got from my test centre. They told me to contact them incase of any issues.

[email protected]

Hope this helps.
@NicD

Hey Ketaki,

[email protected]

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Nicole.
Hi Nicole,

Thank you so much for your help.

Good luck,
Ketaki.

HV1234

For India location the last update has been in May'21. Our July slots exam occurring on scheduled date or are they also postponed till November? Can someone please confirm?

NicD

Hello,
Could someone help with calling GARP to know on the status of exams in India? I've tried calling them but the calls dont seem to go through. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong.

akash malani

Hie I am from mumbai
I have my FRM exams for july 2021 but I have still not received any confirmation of appointment letter
Can someone please guide me how can I download my admission ticket for the exam
Also if someone can tell just weather it is gonna postponed or not

NicD

[email protected]

About the exam, I am from Mumbai as well. I just spoke to someone from GARP and they asked for evidence for the restrictions/rules around my area. They replied to one of my past emails and I sent them the news articles I could find.
You could call them as well on +1 (201) 719.7210 and they will help.

Regards,
Nicole.

NicD

Hie I am from mumbai
I have my FRM exams for july 2021 but I have still not received any confirmation of appointment letter
Can someone please guide me how can I download my admission ticket for the exam
Also if someone can tell just weather it is gonna postponed or not

[email protected]

About the exam, I am from Mumbai as well. I just spoke to someone from GARP and they asked for evidence for the restrictions/rules around my area. They replied to one of my past emails and I sent them the news articles I could find.
You could call them as well on +1 (201) 719.7210 and they will help.

Regards,
Nicole.

Status
Not open for further replies.