2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HKT

i just received an email few hours ago (within 24 hours from exam time) from GARP that my deferral request has been granted... but my portal still shows that my exam is on 24 October. so i should refer to the email or the portal?

"Your deferral request has been granted and we will process it free of charge.

You will receive a follow up email once the request has been processed and the deferral has been completed.

At this time, there is nothing else that you need to do on your end. We ask that you please be patient while the deferral is being processed."

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
i just received an email few hours ago (within 24 hours from exam time) from GARP that my deferral request has been granted... but my portal still shows that my exam is on 24 October. so i should refer to the email or the portal?

"Your deferral request has been granted and we will process it free of charge.

You will receive a follow up email once the request has been processed and the deferral has been completed.

At this time, there is nothing else that you need to do on your end. We ask that you please be patient while the deferral is being processed."
@HKT

I would recommend calling GARP directly, as that is the only way for you to get an accurate answer. I would assume if you received an email that your exam is deferred, but I don't really want to make assumptions about anything important like this. GARP's contact information is here: https://www.garp.org/#!/about/contact-us.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @sjm9000

After checking this morning, you are correct that it has been removed. :eek: Yesterday, I copy/pasted directly from their website and posted it here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...p-updated-on-a-regular-basis.23454/post-84799. I will try to reach out to GARP to see if there are any changes in Milan, but if anyone else gets an update before me, we would appreciate it if you would post it here.
UPDATE: I just received a response from GARP stating that it was a website glitch and the Milan exam is definitely postponed. My original post with the details of this postponement are here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...p-updated-on-a-regular-basis.23454/post-84799. I copied this directly from the GARP website when they posted it yesterday. They stated that all candidates should have received an email also. They've also added the announcement back to their website.

Last edited:

HKT

@HKT

I would recommend calling GARP directly, as that is the only way for you to get an accurate answer. I would assume if you received an email that your exam is deferred, but I don't really want to make assumptions about anything important like this. GARP's contact information is here: https://www.garp.org/#!/about/contact-us.

just called and confirm with the officer that my examination will be postponed to May 21 as there is no other option and the syllabus will be different. oops, forgot to ask whether do they still providing free ebook for the next year

mattheweidinger

GARP should freeze the curriculum for 2020-2021. Candidates should not be disadvantaged due to the pandemic, if they have already studied based on the 2020 readings...

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
GARP should freeze the curriculum for 2020-2021. Candidates should not be disadvantaged due to the pandemic, if they have already studied based on the 2020 readings...
I believe they did this for the exams that were postponed to January, but it doesn't sound like they are keeping the same curriculum for those who have chosen to defer. :/

mattheweidinger

I believe they did this for the exams that were postponed to January, but it doesn't sound like they are keeping the same curriculum for those who have chosen to defer. :/

Ok, but if someone defers because they are afraid for their lives because of the virus...they should not be penalized.

Is the 2021 curriculum published yet?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Ok, but if someone defers because they are afraid for their lives because of the virus...they should not be penalized.

Is the 2021 curriculum published yet?
@mattheweidinger I was not disagreeing with you. ;) I only meant to state for those who are taking it in January that it sounds like they will be using the same curriculum. Just for reference because we try to keep our members informed. The new curriculum does not get released usually until December.

HKT

well.. i am wondering do i need to renew my membership and repurchase new ebook if i am deferred

i guess membership has to renew yearly regardless but the ebook.. i hope they do give it free

mattheweidinger

@mattheweidinger I was not disagreeing with you. ;) I only meant to state for those who are taking it in January that it sounds like they will be using the same curriculum. Just for reference because we try to keep our members informed. The new curriculum does not get released usually until December.

I was stating my frustration with the whole situation - curriculum changes being one aspect of that frustration. No disagreement with you intended.

I just think GARP should be aware of some of these...realities.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I was stating my frustration with the whole situation - curriculum changes being one aspect of that frustration. No disagreement with you intended.

I just think GARP should be aware of some of these...realities.
I completely agree. It is extremely frustrating the way all of this is being handled.

tami_92

Does any body know if Garp will grant an extension of deadline (i mean "you need to pass frm part II before May/November 202X") for those who had their exam postponed several times due to COVID-19 restrictions?

I believe that it should be the minimum from their side, since this situation is neither depending on us nor on them. Because I find it a bit unfair compared to those people that completed their path before 2020. Taking the exam and failing is quite different form not having the opportunity to take it.

Razi

Looking at these last minute cancellations and overall confusion regarding GARP's cancellation/ deferment decision making, I think people at GARP really need to understand Business continuity planning and operational resiliency much better themselves before being worthy of testing candidates with these concepts!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi Nicole,

Is there any feedback channel of 2020 exam for Level 2?

Thanks
@mishranitin

I posted a thread yesterday in the announcements regarding the feedback threads. Per GARP we cannot allow anyone to post about the exam until Monday morning. When I begin my work day on Monday, I will be posting the feedback threads. We need to monitor the forum throughout the weekend to make sure that nobody posts about the exam.

randomname

Hi all, dumb question but "accidentally" I put in my first name initials into the "M.I." (middle name initial) field. Does anyone know if this is causing any issues?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi all, dumb question but "accidentally" I put in my first name initials into the "M.I." (middle name initial) field. Does anyone know if this is causing any issues?
I recommend that you call GARP directly to make sure that this will not be a problem because I believe it is supposed to match what is on your ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.