2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: OCT 22, 2020
LAGOS, NIGERIA, OCTOBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to recent curfew restrictions and protests in Lagos, Nigeria, GARP is postponing its October 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for October’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

MILAN OCTOBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its October 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Milan to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for October’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR OCTOBER EXAMS IN AMSTERDAM

All candidates in Amsterdam taking Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams on October 24, 2020 must complete a Triage COVID Form prior to arriving on exam day. It should be filled out digitally using the link above.

Upon arrival on exam day, the staff will confirm all candidates have completed the form correctly before allowing them to enter the exam room. Completing the form will take no more than 1-2 minutes. Candidates who do not fill out the form will not be able to sit for the Exam and will be required to pay the exam fee when you re-register.

sjm9000

It's really astounding they have not sent a notification on the Milan cancellation yet. I had an option to cancel my flight but I lost it because I've checked in already...

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
It's really astounding they have not sent a notification on the Milan cancellation yet. I had an option to cancel my flight but I lost it because I've checked in already...
@sjm9000

I just wanted to make sure that you saw that GARP posted that the Milan exam is postponed until January. I saw it around 2:50 p.m. EST so they must have posted it shortly before that. I've been checking their website each hour for announcements because I post them here to make sure our members are aware of postponements and other changes.

VWJETTY

wow talk about bad timing! why does GARP do these last minute cancelations?

czet

Luxembourg postponed to November,
Germany not postponed but split into 2 locations apparently - I've been assigned a different hotel now. Hope there aren't any more last minute cancelations.

I wish all candidates good luck for the exam tomorrow!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS FOR OCTOBER EXAM CANDIDATES IN FRANKFURT, GERMANY

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Frankfurt, Germany will still occur on October 24, 2020, some candidates' Exams will be held at a different location due to COVID-related capacity constraints.

We advise all candidates to pay attention to the location listed on the My Programs page of their GARP account. In addition, all candidates regardless of location will need to reprint their admission ticket as their seat assignment may have changed.

UPDATE: OCT 23, 2020
LUXEMBOURG OCTOBER FRM AND ERP EXAMS POSTPONED TO NOVEMBER

GARP is postponing its October 24, 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Luxembourg to November 21, 2020, due to rapidly changing conditions related to COVID-19.

All candidates registered for October’s Exams will automatically be registered for November’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for November.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Strangely I do not see Milan on the important notices page: https://www.garp.org/#!/important-notices
Hello @sjm9000

After checking this morning, you are correct that it has been removed. :eek: Yesterday, I copy/pasted directly from their website and posted it here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...p-updated-on-a-regular-basis.23454/post-84799. I will try to reach out to GARP to see if there are any changes in Milan, but if anyone else gets an update before me, we would appreciate it if you would post it here.

hlahdar

Hello @sjm9000

After checking this morning, you are correct that it has been removed. :eek: Yesterday, I copy/pasted directly from their website and posted it here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...p-updated-on-a-regular-basis.23454/post-84799. I will try to reach out to GARP to see if there are any changes in Milan, but if anyone else gets an update before me, we would appreciate it if you would post it here.
Hi,

I do not see the announcement in the official page, but the Milan postponement is on their twitter page:

GARP twitter.png

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,

I do not see the announcement in the official page, but the Milan postponement is on their twitter page:

View attachment 2930
Hello @hlahdar

Yes, I'm not sure why it was removed from the list on their important notices page (which is where they have told people to look for postponements), but I've reached out to GARP to see if they can provide more information. :confused:

tami_92

I guess Schrödinger's cat paradox is applicable to the postponement (or not) of the Milan exam.
I just called directly the Hilton in Milan e they confirmed that the exam is cancelled, at least at their location.
Hello @hlahdar

Yes, I'm not sure why it was removed from the list on their important notices page (which is where they have told people to look for postponements), but I've reached out to GARP to see if they can provide more information. :confused:
For what it's worth, I called directly the Hilton in Milan and they confirmed that the exam was cancelled at their venue. I think that Garp just did not prepare any plan B. Got official email yesterday and my dashboard already says January 2021. Therefore I think it is official.

Status
Not open for further replies.