The new website has been launched!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
As I'm sure you have noticed, the upgraded website with our new study planner has been launched! Just a few things to point out:
  • You will notice that the navigation on the site is different. The Study Planner link at top of the page has now been replaced with My Courses. When you click on My Courses, just navigate to the study package that you purchased and that will bring you to the new study planner.
  • Our publishing process remains the same. There are many new materials in the study planner, but we are still working hard to get everything updated so you will still see topics that have not been updated with new materials yet.
  • If you find anything that is not functioning properly, please email me here: [email protected] or feel free to comment below. We tested everything extensively before the launch and we are continuing to check everything, but it is helpful to know if anyone is experiencing any issues.
  • It is going to take some time for me to get things running completely smoothly. This is a big change and there will be some functionality changes, styling, etc. that we need to work on throughout the week. We want to provide the most functional and visually appealing study planner possible for our members. We ask for your patience while we are working on these things.
  • I am aware that there are going to be some links that I need to change in some of the forum announcement threads, FAQ threads, etc because of the new layout of the website. I will be updating these as soon as I can.
Thank you :)

Nicole

Jash

Hi nicole

As you working on the website but now as on new website we can't choose any topic to study we have to go from first topic only.. please help us to solve this query

hello!
first of all thank you for your work.
I write down here, as a comment, because maybe there are other with my same issues.

As first impact I have to say that the new interface is more tough to manage (eg. i cannot open the liquidity sector without mark as complete the lesson before)

However, i purchased the -Basic Part II Pack, but it seems that it has not been recorder into <shop course> windows.

Indeed, i'm able to see only the first lesson (a study note from market section) but i cannot download anything.

Thank you!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi nicole

As you working on the website but now as on new website we can't choose any topic to study we have to go from first topic only.. please help us to solve this query
Hello @Jash,

You can still click on any topic that you would like. You do not need to finish any topic before moving onto the next. We are working on adding a "Next" button within the topics but you can use the navigation bar on the side to switch between different topics and work on whichever topics you would like. We are not taking away any functionality that allows you to create your own study plan.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I also want to make sure that if you do not see a "Download" button within a topic, it means that there are no materials available yet. For the most part, I have noted right at the top "Study Notes Coming Soon" in bold, but there may be some that do not have that wording yet. I'm working on that currently.

theresa

Hi there,

I would like to check the material in operational risk before I mark all previous topics completed. I couldn't figure out how. This is so not convenient. Could you please change the setting?

Thank you,
Theresa

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
hello!
first of all thank you for your work.
I write down here, as a comment, because maybe there are other with my same issues.

As first impact I have to say that the new interface is more tough to manage (eg. i cannot open the liquidity sector without mark as complete the lesson before)

However, i purchased the -Basic Part II Pack, but it seems that it has not been recorder into <shop course> windows.

Indeed, i'm able to see only the first lesson (a study note from market section) but i cannot download anything.

Thank you!
Hello @bijean.mansoorifard

It is definitely going to take some time to get used to the new navigation because it is a big change. Without the "Next" button, which I noted in my comment above is being added asap, the course navigation on the sidebar should be very easy to use. Are you seeing the Course Navigation on your page? I want to make sure that there isn't an issue with that sidebar not being visible. It allows you to switch from topic to topic

course navigation.png

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi there,

I would like to check the material in operational risk before I mark all previous topics completed. I couldn't figure out how. This is so not convenient. Could you please change the setting?

Thank you,
Theresa
@theresa

I've moved your post here to this thread, which helps to explain some things. We appreciate your patience during this, as the first day of the launch of a new website is not always easy. We are working hard to make sure that the navigation is as easy as possible for our members. The new navigation is going to take some time to get used to, but in the long run, this new study planner has much better functionality.

Thank you,

Nicole

Jash

Dear nicole,

Noted ,but still it is showing "go back and complete previous session in nevigation " please make the previous changes...it is very difficult to understand new planner

samuelfu9999

Hello @Jash,

You can still click on any topic that you would like. You do not need to finish any topic before moving onto the next. We are working on adding a "Next" button within the topics but you can use the navigation bar on the side to switch between different topics and work on whichever topics you would like. We are not taking away any functionality that allows you to create your own study plan.
Hi Nichole,

Although I can use the navigation bar on the side to switch between different topics, without finishing previous topic, it gives an error message as attached and cannot download any materials.
error.jpg

theresa

Hello @bijean.mansoorifard

It is definitely going to take some time to get used to the new navigation because it is a big change. Without the "Next" button, which I noted in my comment above is being added asap, the course navigation on the sidebar should be very easy to use. Are you seeing the Course Navigation on your page? I want to make sure that there isn't an issue with that sidebar not being visible. It allows you to switch from topic to topic

View attachment 2549

The navigation bar does NOT work, either. I tried from there but get only the following error message:
1580838038592.png

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
We are working hard to figure this out. I can't respond to everyone but we are working on figuring out what the issue is that some people are having.

Faruk

Hi Nicole, I am too having the same problem as it is mentioned above. Hope it would be resolved as soon as possible. Thanks for your efforts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200204-205707_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200204-205707_Chrome.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 10

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@Jash @samuelfu9999 @theresa @Faruk

Can you please log out and back in to see if you are experiencing the same issue with navigation? Our IT team is focused on this 100%. They've changed some things so we want to see if you are still experiencing this. This is difficult to troubleshoot if I'm not able to reproduce it but I promise that this WILL be fixed.

If you are still experiencing this, can you please provide me with information on exactly how you are navigating? That would be extremely helpful to me. For example, are you clicking on My Courses to get to your study planner, clicking on a topic, and then trying to click on another topic in the sidebar? I just want to see what I can do to reproduce any issues you are experiencing.

azaplatnikov

Hi all,

I have few questions with regards to the new Course Planner:

1. It seems that the information about previously completed chapters is now lost. Are there any plans to migrate/merge it anyhow?
2. I purchased Advanced Part I, but can still see Basic and Professional, and some materials within each. With the new course planner should I now always jump between those to cover all necessary topics?
3. It seems there were some new materials added. Is there any possibility to see the recently added ones?

Thanks in advance for your support

Andrey

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi all,

I have few questions with regards to the new Course Planner:

1. It seems that the information about previously completed chapters is now lost. Are there any plans to migrate/merge it anyhow?
2. I purchased Advanced Part I, but can still see Basic and Professional, and some materials within each. With the new course planner should I now always jump between those to cover all necessary topics?
3. It seems there were some new materials added. Is there any possibility to see the recently added ones?

Thanks in advance for your support

Andrey
Hello @azaplatnikov

1. Unfortunately, because GARP changed the entire layout of the curriculum in 2020 we had to change everything in the study planner. For example, in 2019 and all previous years they used authors like Crouhy. Our study planner was set up according to the previous curriculum so with the 2020 curriculum change we had to completely change the study planner. It is not possible to migrate old topics with brand new ones.

2. Do you mean that you can view and download the full materials in Basic and Professional? You should only see samples or nothing (if there is no sample). Everyone can view Basic, Advanced, and Professional. It is set up that way so you people who have not purchased can download samples. Please email me directly if you are able to view and download the actual materials that you have not purchased. It is helpful if you are very specific in the email. [email protected]

3. There were many new materials added. Moving forward we will always make a note in our Updated Materials forum threads when changes are made. Again, we had to update and make many changes in the new study planner because of the extensive changes in layout that GARP made.

I hope this answers your questions.

azaplatnikov

Hello @azaplatnikov

1. Unfortunately, because GARP changed the entire layout of the curriculum in 2020 we had to change everything in the study planner. For example, in 2019 and all previous years they used authors like Crouhy. Our study planner was set up according to the previous curriculum so with the 2020 curriculum change we had to completely change the study planner. It is not possible to migrate old topics with brand new ones.

2. Do you mean that you can view and download the full materials in Basic and Professional? You should only see samples or nothing (if there is no sample). Everyone can view Basic, Advanced, and Professional. It is set up that way so you people who have not purchased can download samples. Please email me directly if you are able to view and download the actual materials that you have not purchased. It is helpful if you are very specific in the email. [email protected]

3. There were many new materials added. Moving forward we will always make a note in our Updated Materials forum threads when changes are made. Again, we had to update and make many changes in the new study planner because of the extensive changes in layout that GARP made.

I hope this answers your questions.
Hello Nicole,

thanks for prompt response. I got your point wrt new layout from GARP.
I did check the professional topics in more details, and I can only see the labels and the topics' names, but no real content behind. So, your firewall works fine.

Cheers
Andrey

badbunny

We will have to get used to this new website appearance. However, first impression is that it is much less intuitive. I would like to get back to the old layout...

bvoleg

Hi Nicole,

Just wondering how I can see which topic been already updated (2020 vs 2019)? Is that possible that topic already been updated and later it might be updated again?

Thank you!