PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
The 2021 FRM GARP curriculum has been released! It is very important for you to read this entire post! :)

Although GARP did not make many changes to the curriculum for 2021, we still need to ask that our members are patient when it comes to the updated materials. Because of the 2020 changes (the format of Part 1 and the addition of an entire new Liquidity topic in Part 2) we still have a great deal of work to do to get the study planner updated to reflect any changes that we did not get to in 2020. As with previous years, we will continue to add new and updated materials throughout the exam year. You can study the materials that are currently published, as they are all relevant to the 2021 curriculum.

Curriculum Change Spreadsheet: For reference, here is our spreadsheet that shows the changes that were made to the curriculum in 2021: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2020-2021-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheets.23609/

Updated Materials: We will keep a list of newly published materials in the forum with the updated/publish date for Part 1 and Part 2. To Receive notifications: Click the "Watch" button in the upper right corner of the page. It will give you the option to receive email notifications when the thread is updated.
We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to make sure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

It is very important that we point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet).
We publish according to perceived priority, and we will not sacrifice the quality of our materials just to make sure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

Please visit these links on our FAQ page to learn more about our publishing process, and why you may not see some materials published.
Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!!

Last edited:
Hi @Nicole Seaman , I am working on the current material for the Part 2 exam. I am focusing on Liquidity Risk and I have noticed that the Review Section is not available.

Do you know where I can find it?

Also, are there only 2 complete Mocks exams right? Is there any other location where I can find more exams?. In the past, there was a section with more exams (previous GARP and BT Exams).

Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman , I am working on the current material for the Part 2 exam. I am focusing on Liquidity Risk and I have noticed that the Review Section is not available.

Do you know where I can find it?

Also, are there only 2 complete Mocks exams right? Is there any other location where I can find more exams?. In the past, there was a section with more exams (previous GARP and BT Exams).

Thanks
Hello @celclevil89

There is not a review section for Liquidity Risk yet. GARP added that entire new topic last year, and it took a very long time just for us to fill in that topic with study notes and question sets. This year, we will be working on filling in the gaps with instructional videos and adding a review section.

We have two full mock exams. Years ago, BT used to have mini mocks and no full mock, but we changed that, as members wanted a full mock exam since that is closer to what they would experience on exam day. Instead of one full mock exam, we provide two of them. We also work very hard to provide those mocks in an interactive format. Please see our announcement here regarding the GARP practice exams: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/where-can-i-find-previous-garp-practice-exams.10249/. We have provided the 2019 practice exams and will be able to provide the 2020 exams after the January exam has taken place.

Hello @celclevil89

There is not a review section for Liquidity Risk yet. GARP added that entire new topic last year, and it took a very long time just for us to fill in that topic with study notes and question sets. This year, we will be working on filling in the gaps with instructional videos and adding a review section.

We have two full mock exams. Years ago, BT used to have mini mocks and no full mock, but we changed that, as members wanted a full mock exam since that is closer to what they would experience on exam day. Instead of one full mock exam, we provide two of them. We also work very hard to provide those mocks in an interactive format. Please see our announcement here regarding the GARP practice exams: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/where-can-i-find-previous-garp-practice-exams.10249/. We have provided the 2019 practice exams and will be able to provide the 2020 exams after the January exam has taken place.

This makes totally sense. I was just ckecking just in case there was other location to find them. I will wait for the updates to be published. :)

Thanks @Nicole Seaman

sajedian

T5.R5.P2 Describe the effectiveness of time-dependent volatility models.

I know this topic is << To be addressed in next revision >> , is there any ETA?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
T5.R5.P2 Describe the effectiveness of time-dependent volatility models.

I know this topic is << To be addressed in next revision >> , is there any ETA?
Hello @sajedian

I moved your post to this thread, which discusses our publishing process. We are not able to provide dates for when specific materials will be published, but we are continuing to work on updating as much as possible before the exams. Thank you.

badbunny

Hello,

As I am starting doing exercises related to Market Risk; I find a light number of practice questions related to Correlation Risk. Seems like the Chapters 1, 2 and 5 (Meissner) are heavy to understand and I would like to know if BT is planning on adding more exercises?

I remember doing FRM Part 1 and there were tons of exercises in each topic which helped me a lot on wrapping the concepts.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Julen

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello,

As I am starting doing exercises related to Market Risk; I find a light number of practice questions related to Correlation Risk. Seems like the Chapters 1, 2 and 5 (Meissner) are heavy to understand and I would like to know if BT is planning on adding more exercises?

I remember doing FRM Part 1 and there were tons of exercises in each topic which helped me a lot on wrapping the concepts.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Julen
Hello @badbunny

I moved your post to our publishing process thread, as we like to keep the forum organized without many different threads in different places regarding the same topic. We are not able to provide information on specific materials (please see the original thread above), however, we should be publishing new practice questions for Meissner this year since there have been some new Learning Objectives added since we last published the question set. I do not have more specific information at this time, but I hope that is helpful.

badbunny

Hello @badbunny

I moved your post to our publishing process thread, as we like to keep the forum organized without many different threads in different places regarding the same topic. We are not able to provide information on specific materials (please see the original thread above), however, we should be publishing new practice questions for Meissner this year since there have been some new Learning Objectives added since we last published the question set. I do not have more specific information at this time, but I hope that is helpful.
Thanks a lot Nicole for the quick reply! I'll keep doing exercises until new ones come out.

Regards

Quick question - I did not find the notes study notes related to P2.T8 Choudhry on the study planner. Are those posted somewhere else? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Quick question - I did not find the notes study notes related to P2.T8 Choudhry on the study planner. Are those posted somewhere else? Thank you.
Hello @sohinichowdhury

Please note that I moved your question to this thread, which discusses our publishing process. Please make sure to read the original post HERE. We have not published a set of notes for the Choudhry reading yet so it is not in the study planner. Thank you.

ivan.jarmanovic

The 2021 FRM GARP curriculum has been released! It is very important for you to read this entire post! :)

Although GARP did not make many changes to the curriculum for 2021, we still need to ask that our members are patient when it comes to the updated materials. Because of the 2020 changes (the format of Part 1 and the addition of an entire new Liquidity topic in Part 2) we still have a great deal of work to do to get the study planner updated to reflect any changes that we did not get to in 2020. As with previous years, we will continue to add new and updated materials throughout the exam year. You can study the materials that are currently published, as they are all relevant to the 2021 curriculum.

Curriculum Change Spreadsheet: For reference, here is our spreadsheet that shows the changes that were made to the curriculum in 2021: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2020-2021-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheets.23609/

Updated Materials: We will keep a list of newly published materials in the forum with the updated/publish date for Part 1 and Part 2. To Receive notifications: Click the "Watch" button in the upper right corner of the page. It will give you the option to receive email notifications when the thread is updated.
We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to make sure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

It is very important that we point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we will not sacrifice the quality of our materials just to make sure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

Please visit these links on our FAQ page to learn more about our publishing process, and why you may not see some materials published.
Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!!

Dear Nicole and David,

Much appreciating your work around the BT scripts and practice question sets! These where valuable tools and instruments while preparing for the exam last November (which was thanks to you a success btw :))

While preparing for part 2, I noticed that the script for "CR-4 Developing, Validating and Using internal ratings (by De Laurentis, Maino & Molteni)" was removed. Reading through the forum, obviously you plan to perform some further enhancements around the script.

Since the relevant LO's have not changed materially over the past years, wouldn't it make sense to publish the existing script until you have prepared the latest version? I think the topic is more focusing on qualitative descriptions of the various models that can be used for estimating PDs. I've read GARP's text book on this section and am confident that even a older version of the scripts will help to summarize the various concepts.

Let me know what you think about this

Have a good start into the week
-IJ

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Dear Nicole and David,

Much appreciating your work around the BT scripts and practice question sets! These where valuable tools and instruments while preparing for the exam last November (which was thanks to you a success btw :))

While preparing for part 2, I noticed that the script for "CR-4 Developing, Validating and Using internal ratings (by De Laurentis, Maino & Molteni)" was removed. Reading through the forum, obviously you plan to perform some further enhancements around the script.

Since the relevant LO's have not changed materially over the past years, wouldn't it make sense to publish the existing script until you have prepared the latest version? I think the topic is more focusing on qualitative descriptions of the various models that can be used for estimating PDs. I've read GARP's text book on this section and am confident that even a older version of the scripts will help to summarize the various concepts.

Let me know what you think about this

Have a good start into the week
-IJ
Hello @ivan.jarmanovic

There are reasons that we are unable to post the previous versions of some of the materials. We are working very hard to get all of the materials updated, and we appreciate your patience. Thank you.

VegaHedge

Hi,
the focus review and global drill for Liquidity seems to be missing. Are there any plans to provide it in the future?
Thanks and regards,
VH

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,
the focus review and global drill for Liquidity seems to be missing. Are there any plans to provide it in the future?
Thanks and regards,
VH
Hello @VegaHedge

Please note that I moved your post to this thread, which discusses our publishing process. We are working as hard as possible to get materials prepared and published. This includes any focus review videos that have not yet been published or updated. Thank you.

sandrasp

Hi @Nicole Seaman for Part 2. Credit Risk : Question Set for Gregory, The xVA Challenge: Counterparty Credit Risk, Funding, Collateral, and Capital Practice. The Question Set contains 147 pages covering the 2021 learning objectives but also contains questions from old Learning objectives (deleted post 2014). Will there be a revision of this question set. Sorry, it's a bit confusing why there would be questions from old Learning objectives which are no longer applicable to 2021. I have to keep checking Learning objectives back and forth with the Question sets. Some question sets are long, like this one 147 pages. And don't get me wrong I want to practice as many questions as I can. :) But I don't want to spend time trying to understand, memorize new formulas if those topics won't be tested.
Thanks,
Sandra

Guannn

Hi,

According to the official study guide change, 7 new articles are listed on the 2021 study guide.
Yet, only 3 articles are posted on bionic turtle so far, which I believe were the articles that are not deleted.
Will there be further updates?

Also, my part 2 test is in May, 2021. As for the current issue section, which curriculum should I study? The 2020 curriculum or the 2021 one?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Rblc

Hello @Guannn - I do not know if this answers your question but current issues articles can be found here

Attachments

• 32370132_van_liebergen_-_machine_learning_in_compliance_risk_management.pdf
    79.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Andreas Schrimpf and Vladyslav Sushko, “Beyond LIBOR a primer on the new benchmark rates,” BIS...pdf
    79.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Financial Crime in Times of COVID-19 – AML and Cyber Resilience Measures”, Financial Stability...pdf
    330.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Replacing LIBOR.pdf
    313.5 KB · Views: 10

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,

According to the official study guide change, 7 new articles are listed on the 2021 study guide.
Yet, only 3 articles are posted on bionic turtle so far, which I believe were the articles that are not deleted.
Will there be further updates?

Also, my part 2 test is in May, 2021. As for the current issue section, which curriculum should I study? The 2020 curriculum or the 2021 one?

Thanks
Hello @Guannn

Please note that I moved your post to this thread, which discusses our publishing process. Please make sure to read the original post in this thread for an explanation as to why some materials are not published yet. We are continuing to publish new materials throughout the exam period. This includes the current issues topic. Since it is no longer 2020, you are going to want to make sure you are studying from the 2021 curriculum.

sandrasp

Hi @Nicole Seaman . I wanted to ask when will the new readings be published for Level 2. 1 new reading in Risk Management section, and a few readings in Current Issues. I know the Current Issues new readings are available on the website, but I really would prefer to read a summarized version provided by BT. Today is April 17, we are about a month away from Level 2 exam - May 15.

Could you also please confirm that all the review question sets, and the BT mock exam are updated with 2021 material. If not updated, could you please confirm when it will be available. I'm hoping to start BT mock next weekend April 24, and be ready to start my review way before May 15. I just want to be able to have time to review BT mocks and have time to ask questions.

thanks,

Sandra

Status
Not open for further replies.