Exam Feedback October 2020 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

VWJETTY

Getting nervous again so I called FRM today. They cannot confirm if results will be posted before Nov 29th. I followed up with the e-mail that they sent regarding that date and the lady had no knowledge of it so I didn't even bother trying to argue. This organization, meh, I have my doubts on how well they're organized/operating.

SheOlya

Getting nervous again so I called FRM today. They cannot confirm if results will be posted before Nov 29th. I followed up with the e-mail that they sent regarding that date and the lady had no knowledge of it so I didn't even bother trying to argue. This organization, meh, I have my doubts on how well they're organized/operating.
That was a bit my concern. There is officially no date for posting the results for October exams or at least I did not see any where. They say only approximately 6 weeks after the exam. Considering now they prepare for November exam and still change venues, I think we even may have a delay due to that.

VWJETTY

Good to know. Makes sense since it's probably automated responses.

I'd be lying if I said my Thanksgiving/Black Friday wasn't a little phased with responses scheduled to come out over the same long weekend holiday.

VWJETTY

I can confirm mine says the same. I don't understand why they have to wait till the last minute to tell us this. Like they didn't know this beforehand?

I saw on Reddit that with developer tools it is possible to see an "early tell", when you search for "pass" on the "My Programs" page.
Can anyone confirm?

VWJETTY

Maybe im looking at the wrong area or maybe i didn't pass but this is what I see in developer...

my-programs-attempt-card - programState{}
Object
part1: "RESULTS_AVAILABLE"
part2: "AWAITING_RESULTS"
state: "SCHEDULING_UNAVAILABLE"

A few years ago there was a back-door method on AnalystForum to know if you passed in the CFA exam before the results were actually released and it was like a 3 or 4 day saga where it became the longest thread in the entire forum and all hell broke loose, people started formulating spreadsheets of different "signs" they were getting. This feels a little like de ja vu all over again haha

at this point, I won't be surprised if this drags on to next year. one can only pray that this will redound to the benefit of candidates, like some recalibration to make pass rates more reasonable while still maintaining high standards.

From exam arrangement to communication and even the last minute to defer the result announcement, all are in a mess. Please tell us what you have done, GARP..

VWJETTY

Let's keep it 100 here fellas (and ladies)...

If I went to my boss, the day before a 4/5 week project was due...that I'm going to need another week and give no rhyme nor reason, I'd be fired on the spot. That's a fact.

These kids gonna get a earful of me come Monday morning bright and early at 9AM EST. That's also a fact.

Last edited:

Lemminkainen

Can anyone try this method and see if they had passed the exam? It appears that I have failed..

BTW it seems that GARP had changed their user interface.

1. Login and go to My Programs > FRM
2. There should be 2 tabs that display Part I and Part II.
3. Click on Part II, right click on the screen and click Inspect (I am using Chrome browser)
4. Go to Console and locate your unique ID for the Part II exam. Please note that there are different IDs for the Part I and Part II exam, it should begin with something like a1a1
5. With this ID, go back to Part I Tab > View Exam Results > View your Exam Results letter
6. Replace the ID at the end of the URL to the Part II exam ID, and view the results letter (there is no need to change the date to October2020 in the url, as doing so will lead to an error page)

I can only hope that, they are indeed doing some recalibration of the exam marks and its not an early sign of the final results (i.e. the date on the hyperlink to register for the next exam is wrong, and when the same technique is applied to the exam quartiles result page, a blank letter shows up)

Can anyone try this method and see if they had passed the exam? It appears that I have failed..

BTW it seems that GARP had changed their user interface.

1. Login and go to My Programs > FRM
2. There should be 2 tabs that display Part I and Part II.
3. Click on Part II, right click on the screen and click Inspect (I am using Chrome browser)
4. Go to Console and locate your unique ID for the Part II exam. Please note that there are different IDs for the Part I and Part II exam, it should begin with something like a1a1
5. With this ID, go back to Part I Tab > View Exam Results > View your Exam Results letter
6. Replace the ID at the end of the URL to the Part II exam ID, and view the results letter (there is no need to change the date to October2020 in the url, as doing so will lead to an error page)

I can only hope that, they are indeed doing some recalibration of the exam marks and its not an early sign of the final results (i.e. the date on the hyperlink to register for the next exam is wrong, and when the same technique is applied to the exam quartiles result page, a blank letter shows up)
Sorry i got the 5 and 6th step, it seems even i did not pass. But as you said hyperlink to register for the next exam is wrong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.