Exam Feedback November 2018 Part 2 Exam Feedback

I submitted my experience on the 14th of Jan, It looks like I will wait for quite a while.... Anyone else got certified?

Last edited:

btechlc

Submitted results on the first day, have heard nothing. I have emailed garp 2 times and have just been told via automated emails someone will be reaching out to me (that was 10 days ago).

I am emailing the generic member service address on the contact page. Is this the correct email address to use? At this point I am shocked at how poorly they are equipped to handle basic aspects of their business.

cfa2015

Submitted results on the first day, have heard nothing. I have emailed garp 2 times and have just been told via automated emails someone will be reaching out to me (that was 10 days ago).

I am emailing the generic member service address on the contact page. Is this the correct email address to use? At this point I am shocked at how poorly they are equipped to handle basic aspects of their business.
I agree. Better planning is required.

Youness

I am frustrated as well. I work in operational risk (my role is even called Operational risk manager) for 3 years and they rejected my experience saying it is not related to financial risk but to operational risk. Why do they put operational risk in the curriculum, when they do not accept the experience :(

They accepted my four years of work experience in operational risk. Operational risk along with market and credit risk are 3 main risks in financial industry. Even the third book in FRM II exam is focused on operational risk.

I just got certified and I submitted my work experience on January 7.

nikic

Can anyone share the type of questions that were asked for Current Issues. Does it require any further understanding than merely reading through the respective papers?

cfa2015

Can anyone share the type of questions that were asked for Current Issues. Does it require any further understanding than merely reading through the respective papers?
Reading the papers should be fine for current issues. Part 2 theoretical questions are difficult and in my opinion they are difficult because unlike the CFA institute; GARP does not know how to write good concise questions to test the candidate's knowledge.

Flashback

Reading the GARP web articles and GARP LinkedIn postings might be a way too. First you should re-read this session couple of times which is not an issue because it's short.

Buglia

I submitted my work experience on January 17 and haven't received any feedback yet. Do you think it depends by the geographical area?