Exam Feedback November 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

stephenjohn

Hi All,
Request those who passed the exam to guide on how to use BT. And how much hours they studied on weekends (assuming most of us are Employed). I think, I will give one last attempt this May-2017, and will like to score perfect score this time.
Hello @riteshrr99 my advice would bet this
*Concentrate on doing BT's questions and asking the people on the forum with regards to anything that may not be clear. (I did this all the time). Furthermore, I would make notes of the questions that I found the most difficult. Even though you may know an answer, working through the logic step-by-step is still useful.
*Create your own sheet of formulas for each of the 4 main topics and construct notes around them. This may include the assumptions behind some of the formulas, or model classification as the model types for the interest rate trees. It may take some time but it is useful for revising the key points.
*Apologies if it sounds obvious but unless, its a new topic I wouldn't bother reading the syllabus again. Having said that don't do what I did and not take the current issues section seriously as the answers to November exam questions were not always obvious to me.
*On a lighter note, if you are like me and you are fond of beer, then cut it down to a minimal. I had to do this in the final couple of months leading up to the exam as it was turning my memory into jelly. Seriously I struggling to remember an awful lot of basic stuff.:mad:

I hope this helps.

Stephen

Two things:

Is there a specific thread (led by David) on FRM work experience submissions? I thought there was but I can't find it.

Does anyone know what the pass rates were for Nov 2017?

Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Two things:

Is there a specific thread (led by David) on FRM work experience submissions? I thought there was but I can't find it.

Does anyone know what the pass rates were for Nov 2017?

Thanks.
Hello @MWDerbyshire

I am not aware of a specific thread from David that discussed work experience, however, I'm sure there are many threads in the forum where members have discussed this. The search function brought up these two threads that are located in our FAQ section in the forum:
Many other threads came up in my search also, so it may be helpful to use the search function. GARP also provides information here on their website: http://garp.org/#!/frm/frequently-asked-questions#frm-certification-process. I hope that helps!

Nicole

riteshrr99

Hello @riteshrr99 my advice would bet this
*Concentrate on doing BT's questions and asking the people on the forum with regards to anything that may not be clear. (I did this all the time). Furthermore, I would make notes of the questions that I found the most difficult. Even though you may know an answer, working through the logic step-by-step is still useful.
*Create your own sheet of formulas for each of the 4 main topics and construct notes around them. This may include the assumptions behind some of the formulas, or model classification as the model types for the interest rate trees. It may take some time but it is useful for revising the key points.
*Apologies if it sounds obvious but unless, its a new topic I wouldn't bother reading the syllabus again. Having said that don't do what I did and not take the current issues section seriously as the answers to November exam questions were not always obvious to me.
*On a lighter note, if you are like me and you are fond of beer, then cut it down to a minimal. I had to do this in the final couple of months leading up to the exam as it was turning my memory into jelly. Seriously I struggling to remember an awful lot of basic stuff.:mad:

I hope this helps.

Stephen
Many Thanks Stephen for taking time out of your schedule and sharing this important guidance with Me.
I am really very thankful to you and appreciate you for this kind gesture.
And I will inculcate the tips given by you.
Regards

stephenjohn

Many Thanks Stephen for taking time out of your schedule and sharing this important guidance with Me.
I am really very thankful to you and appreciate you for this kind gesture.
And I will inculcate the tips given by you.
Regards
@riteshrr99 - No problem at all. An additional suggestion from my experience with the exam is to also remember the additions to Basel II.5. When doing the exam, thee was a question regarding the MRC under that set of regulations. I knew stressed VaR was included in Basel III, but couldn't remember if it was in II.5.

Anyway I (and I would guess many others on the forum) are hoping to see "passed 1-1-1-1-1" when the results for the May 2018 exam are released.

Best regards,

Stephen

bake5472

I submitted my work experience instantly. I currently see that my experience is "under review". No idea how long it will take.

riteshrr99

@riteshrr99 - No problem at all. An additional suggestion from my experience with the exam is to also remember the additions to Basel II.5. When doing the exam, thee was a question regarding the MRC under that set of regulations. I knew stressed VaR was included in Basel III, but couldn't remember if it was in II.5.

Anyway I (and I would guess many others on the forum) are hoping to see "passed 1-1-1-1-1" when the results for the May 2018 exam are released.

Best regards,

Stephen
Many Thanks Stephen for your wishes and guidance once again !!
I need to pass by May'2018 by hook or crook.

Aravind Raj

Thanks largely to BT I passed my level 2. Score wasn’t great but I’d imagine it can’t just be based on the quartile ranking but exactly where in the quartile one fell i.e. 26%-50% is a wide range. If you were closer to the 50% as opposed to 26% would make a difference in my mind. Anyone has any thoughts?

Aravind Raj

Also my tips. You need at least 3 months for each part depending on your experience and background etc. I studied quite hard putting in at least one hour per weekday (I work) and more than ten hours each weekend. Study in the train. Practice all the BT questions. They make for great experience....

Subscriber
@David Harper CFA FRM

Thx David, it's been a pleasure to read you over the last 2 years at night to resolve some brain puzzles but this era it's gone as I passed !! I'm grateful for your reactivity, knowledge and explanations that helped me a LOT !!

3-2-3-2-1

Longpips

Congratulations to all who passed. Please encourage your colleagues to pursue the FRM.

Don't be discouraged if you didnt pass. It simply means you "underestimated" the difficulty of the exam.

FRM is becoming very popular globally. It is indeed the gold standard designation in risk management in banking and investments.

Because of its popularity, the passing rate will only go down in the future, just my 2 cents.

Any thoughts?

Any updates on passing rates?

Also, anyone submitted their experience and received a response? From May'17 forum it seems some had their experience reviewed very promptly