Exam Feedback November 2016 Part 2 Exam Feedback

MM360

Thanks Siqueue, There is a contact supervisor switch - is this for the higher education or for the work experience as my current job is 2 years + and is in risk.

Do we need to enter our full work history ?

Siqueue

I think you only need to demonstrate two years experience but I did put in about six years just to be sure - didn't want to fail to get the accreditation just because I didn't fill in enough forms (as I have about 10 years of relevant experience).

The supervisor switch confused me - think it is only relating to the academics. I left it off.

berrymucho

So glad I passed Part 2, 11111. I wanted to thank David, Nicole, and the community at large for making BT such a rich and insightful platform to prepare for and promote the FRM certification. I personally prepared with Schweser to remain as practical as possible, since I know my natural and time consuming tendency to dive deep into the details otherwise. However, more than once, and for both exams, I could find the answer to some complex, confusing or contradictory notions in the readings that were explained or demystified with great clarity in this forum. This gave me a sense of security and perspective that I was not alone or the first one struggling with notoriously tough nuts to crack. Thanks again, and I'll definitely return to the forum in the future and advertise BT around me.

The Great Khan

Subscriber
I feel like there was a ton of variance with those case studies, but ended up sweeping with 9x Q1 :D

Now just need to wait til May for work experience...

S666

Subscriber
Does anyone know how long it takes between the submission of work experience and the acceptance by GARP/ability to use the FRM credential etc?

Just want to know how long until I am fully certified :D

The Great Khan

Subscriber
According to GARP:

To complete the FRM Certification process, you will need to demonstrate two years of professional work experience. This can be done by submitting a brief description (at least four sentences) of how you use financial risk in your day-to-day job responsibilities under “My Programs.” If you submit this information by March 17, 2017, your certificate will be included in the March 31, 2017 distribution. FRM Certificates are distributed at the end of each quarter (March, June, September, and December) to all qualified candidates.

S666

Subscriber
Hi, thanks for the reply - i did actually read that also myself but assumed they were talking about the physical certificate, rather than whether someone had become registered to use the FRM designation. For example, I was made a CFA Charterholder last August, although I am still waiting for my physical charter in the post!

Arnaudc

Agreed S666, I think they will validate your work experience before the 31/03..
But how long would that take?... Hard to tell unless previously certified FRM's could give some insight?

*so happy I passed it :) *

VAD

I submitted my work experience during the night when the results where released and as of an hour ago, I am Certified FRM ;)

ahshah229

Everyone talks about BT videos and practice questions, which no doubt are great sources. But I personally benefitted a lot from the "forum" and the discussions that take place here. Whenever I had any issues or topics that I could not understand I searched in the forum and a discussion was there, with the precise thing that I was looking for.

Many thanks to BT team and the entire BT fraternity.

S666

Subscriber
I submitted my work experience during the night when the results where released and as of an hour ago, I am Certified FRM ;)
interesting...i submitted mine too just after results became available overnight...maybe ill get mine too today!!

Also, congratulations of course!