Exam Feedback May 2023 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlapienis

Passed with 211313! Thanks for the wonderful material and support. Couldn't do it without this, working 10+ hours a day and studying later.

RKenn4844

Didn't pass unfortunately. I used BT and another test prep provider for L1 and did very well.

For L2 in May, I used the other test prep provider and put in a lot more time than for L1. I did hundreds of questions if not thousands, their 4 mock exams (averaged 73%) and the two from GARP. 5 months of study, > 300 hours, and felt good going into the exam.

So today I feel really discouraged. GARP offers the exam again in August. But I feel that might be too soon for me to use the same materials and hope for a better outcome. In anyone's opinion, is there enough time to prep using the L2 Basic BT package and take the 8/5/2023 exam?

I'm not sure if that is the right approach, or if it would be best to a break, get the Advanced package from BT and schedule the re-take for November.

Thank you for your help.

yLam4028

Didn't pass unfortunately. I used BT and another test prep provider for L1 and did very well.

For L2 in May, I used the other test prep provider and put in a lot more time than for L1. I did hundreds of questions if not thousands, their 4 mock exams (averaged 73%) and the two from GARP. 5 months of study, > 300 hours, and felt good going into the exam.

So today I feel really discouraged. GARP offers the exam again in August. But I feel that might be too soon for me to use the same materials and hope for a better outcome. In anyone's opinion, is there enough time to prep using the L2 Basic BT package and take the 8/5/2023 exam?

I'm not sure if that is the right approach, or if it would be best to a break, get the Advanced package from BT and schedule the re-take for November.

Thank you for your help.

Take it again in Aug. now you know what the exam is like. Better to KO it with some residual memory.
But to be honest, the actual exams resembled mock exams a lot, and you said you tried hundreds of them. What did you find most difficult in the actual exam? How did you feel when ur out the exam center after the exam? Confident?

RKenn4844

I only used another test prep provider for L2, not BT. All of their bank, 4 mocks, both GARP mocks and another 180 past GARP questions. Even the calc questions, particularly CVA looked a lot different from what I learned. Felt good going in, but 50/50 on the way out. Similar to L1. Went 1,1,1,1 for L1 but 4,3,2,3,3,1 on L2 - so not even close. When makes me think I should take August off the table and switch to a new test prep provider.

yLam4028

I only used another test prep provider for L2, not BT. All of their bank, 4 mocks, both GARP mocks and another 180 past GARP questions. Even the calc questions, particularly CVA looked a lot different from what I learned. Felt good going in, but 50/50 on the way out. Similar to L1. Went 1,1,1,1 for L1 but 4,3,2,3,3,1 on L2 - so not even close. When makes me think I should take August off the table and switch to a new test prep provider.

Lets break your doubts into pieces:

So Today is 23rd June and exam window closes in 30th. Get BT basic package now, and you have 1 week to decide after considering following:

1) skim through those questions & answers and see
  • if you can finish them all before Aug Exams
  • For BT questions that if you don't know how to resolve it , can you at least understand the solutions?
I suppose the same BT access could valid until Nov right? So buying it now won't be an issue.

2) GARP textbooks ! Did you read it for the May exam? If not - you might need to see if you have time to go through them as well before the exams. I think it is essential because a lot of qualitative questions ( and a majority of them is qualitative ) is a direct recite of texts in the textbook esp case studies, Basel regulations etc

3) You are doing fine at Ops and current issue. Set your target for Aug's. Maybe you want to focus on MR(4), CR(4) and LR(3) for a final score of 2,2,2,2,3,1. How confident you are in the content related MR, CR,LR in GARP textbook and BT notes?

4) GARP mocks ! I think that's the most effective way to prepare for qualitative questions. 180 is not a lot.

if you couldn't start this you shouldn't take the one in Aug. if you can you will know whether you should take the one in Aug.

RKenn4844

Good plan. Thank you. Also have a vacation 6/29-7/9. So may not work. You’re right about the GARP books, now that I’ve taken L2 I’ll need to actually read them given the level of detail in the questions and the qualitative nature of most questions. So that combined with Advanced BT - go all out and sit for November.

ALuca3698

Hi, I passed Part 2 with 2,1,1,1,2,1. I am so happy. Thank you BT for the excellence of the platform, learning material and also active members for the animation of the forum.

RKenn4844

Thank you! Appreciate the advice.
passed too. thanks @David Harper CFA FRM @Nicole Seaman and a few active members who constantly provide the support. Thank you
Thank you! Appreciate the advice.
Good luck @RKenn4844, whatever choice you make, hope it works out
Lushukai - one more question. With a very limited amount of time until 8/5, would you use BT or the GARP books? I don’t think I have enough time for both. I used Schweser exclusively for P2, felt like I knew it cold and didn’t pass. In your opinion, is Basic BT enough w/o looking at the GARP books?

Lu Shu Kai FRM

Lushukai - one more question. With a very limited amount of time until 8/5, would you use BT or the GARP books? I don’t think I have enough time for both. I used Schweser exclusively for P2, felt like I knew it cold and didn’t pass. In your opinion, is Basic BT enough w/o looking at the GARP books?
I have never touched GARP books. I don't think you should read that much actually. Just do BT questions and try mock exams the last 1 or 2 weeks before exams.

Last edited:

TSATO0784

I passed it with 221342. I was not able to fully take advantage of BT, but got the necessary scores for passing thanks to exercises or forum knowledge. I miss losing the access to the textbooks

JMars7424

I have never touched GARP books. I don't you should read that much actually. Just do BT questions and try mock exams the last 2 or 1 week before exams.
I think this might have been my problem. I studied Bts notes, but I think it is overwhelming

DMoll9766

I've passed the exam quite comfortably (211121). From the exam I remember quantitative questions about the Ho-Lee and Vasicek models and a question about the GEV distribution.
Thanks a lot for the comprehensive material, practice questions and the timely update for the changes of the curriculum!
Unfortunately and after two and a half weeks of waiting, my working experience was not approved by GARP. Bummer!

Status
Not open for further replies.