Exam Feedback May 2021 Part 1 Exam Feedback

Jaskarn

Will dividing the FRM exam timeline to 3 times a year affect the pass percentage or the bookwise cut-offs?

StefanK

Passed: 1411 (a little disappointed about grade 4 in quant. analysis but still happy to pass the exam)

Thanks to BT Team. Predominantly i worked with your documents

kulkap

I'm a bit disappointed with the exam. It was very qualitative and I feel like I barely had to use my calculator. Taking this into account, half of my studying for the exam was basically a waste of time. Some important concepts weren't asked at all and most of the questions that were asked I wouldn't relate to relevant real-world knowledge.

The fact that I could see my score at the end was interesting, but it just disappointed me further because I know it shouldn't be a passing score.
I agree - my exam was way too qualitative...felt like an unfortunate waste of time!

StefanSch

Hey all, congrats on passing! How do you know what grade you got in each of the 4 chapters? Thanks

1,1,1,1 (95% after the exam), working with the GARP material and BT Questions (and some notes)

Bluefox21

Hey all, congrats on passing! How do you know what grade you got in each of the 4 chapters? Thanks

So can see you what quartile you got in each section?

Q1 = excellent etc

Rumour you need a combined score of 8 or lower to pass but I don't know if ever confirmed

dtammerz

Passed with 1,2,1,1.

For reference, my results were 60/100 on exam day. I really did not think it would be a pass at that time, so I'm still feeling a bit shocked and in a daze. With two exam postponements I ended up studying over 400 hours using both Kaplan and Bionic Turtle study materials. Thank you both @David Harper CFA FRM @Nicole Seaman for answering my many questions

Ellie_10

I passed 3131 :D

Well I kinda know why I had a 3 in FMP because I did really poor in two BSM questions and dropped one swap full valuation question due to lack of time, but 3 in FRM....idk :eek:

Thanks to BT team!!!

Parsimony

Read the books, did all book questions, watched David's videos and did some BT questions.

Thanks

If you failed, hopefully you won't be dissuaded from trying again. I failed CFA Level 1 the first time I tried it, then passed each of the CFA exams without any more failures. We are all at different stages of the journey!

I'm a bit disappointed with the exam. It was very qualitative and I feel like I barely had to use my calculator. Taking this into account, half of my studying for the exam was basically a waste of time. Some important concepts weren't asked at all and most of the questions that were asked I wouldn't relate to relevant real-world knowledge.

The fact that I could see my score at the end was interesting, but it just disappointed me further because I know it shouldn't be a passing score.

Lmao so I passed. The score showed 59/100 on exam and I passed with 1,2,1,2. A thank you to everyone on this forum for the help.

I still stand by my last post (quoted). Quite disappointed in the exam and the questions that were tested.

cml

Passed with 1,1,2,3
Satisfied with the results....given I had no time to do the practice questions
Keep going for Lv2 in the coming Dec.

onil100

Why do you use numbers such as 1 indicating top result? If we're talking about quartiles, number four is top.

Q4,Q4,Q4,Q4 for me - exam was very easy, incomparable with depth of the study material. Also, I've basically dropped using BT (apart from formula sheet) on behalf of FRM curri. I suppose it's because this was the year GARP has made this major change to its curriculum. Anyway, considering BT for PII.

Also, heavily focused on questions in GARP curri rather than anything else.

Congrats to all

nabtfrm

did not pass.. i did well for book 1 and 4 related questions, but really really disappointment didn't do well for book 2 and book 3.... spent so much time doing BT quantitative questions but most of the questions tested were pretty much all qualitative.

Lu Shu Kai FRM

I did my exam on July 14th and got a score of 62/100. I am quite disappointed with the score, but kind of expected it with my performance during the exam, guessing for quite a few questions (that were odd and I felt like I had never seen the terminologies used?! - I hate GARP). I guess there is 50-50 chance of passing part I for myself.

I can't really remember most of the topics, but I agree with the bunch here that it was (quite) qualitative. Some of the calculations were tough though, I am decent with quant concepts so I know what is tough when I see it.

Good luck for those that are still taking it! If your exam venue allows you to start anytime, I recommend you start later than the others, because people that come in after you do discuss how to use the CBT machine (with the proctors) and their voices can get quite distracting - especially when you are nervous and settling down during the first 30 minutes.