IMPORTANT IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRodr8314

Hello @Nicole Seaman,

Starting do study FRM 2 - Credit Risk updated material, and I would like to clarify some doubts:
- we have material on the study planner that is identified as being updated, but if we go to the study notes, we have a message "to be completed in upcoming revision". p.e. Malz, Financial Risk Management: Models, History & institution - Chapter 8 ................................Portfolio Credit Risk - Define beta and calculate the asset return correlation of any pair of firms using the single factor model. This is identified as a new LO (mentioned in the LO 2024 comparison).
- John C. Hull, Options, Futures, and Other Derivatives (11th Edition, Pearson, 2022)- Chapter 24. Credit Risk and Chapter 25. Credit Derivatives, are identified as new reading and are absent from the study notes.
- Most Current issues LO are still identified in the study planner as "coming soon".

These are just examples, but could you please clarify if we are going to have access to a complete revision of the program before the may exam? It seems to me that is a little unfair having paid to have full access to the learning objectives and then being surprised while studying with missing pieces!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
The 2024 Learning Objectives have been released, and we are working diligently to update the materials. Bionic Turtle asks that our members remain patient when it comes to the release of updated materials. You will begin to see new materials published in the study planner in January, and we will continue to update throughout the exam period. It is impossible to update QUALITY materials if we rush to complete them too quickly.

Curriculum Change Spreadsheet: For reference, here is our spreadsheet that shows the changes that were made to the curriculum in 2024: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2023-2024-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheet.24617/

We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to ensure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

We must point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we do not want to sacrifice our materials' quality just to ensure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

We will begin to update the materials in January. The updates will be listed on the following forum threads when published.

Please see below to learn more about our publishing process and why you may not see some materials published.
  • Do you publish materials for every single reading in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle places the integrity and quality of our materials at the forefront of our Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam study products.
Our study packages, including study notes, practice questions, mock exams, instructional videos, spreadsheets, and more, are comprehensive and inclusive of the most important elements of the GARP FRM curriculum. However, there will always be minor material gaps when updates are made, as it would be nearly impossible to include information for every single reading. We publish new materials according to perceived priority. Our staff also provides as many updated materials as possible. Certain materials have every reading in the curriculum. Other readings do not include an entire set of materials.

• Why are some of the materials missing in the study planner but in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle publishes the latest curriculum updates from GARP, but they do take time to prepare (some of them a great deal of time!). Additionally, specific resources that correspond with the FRM readings may or may not be included.
Our team has comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus and the essential information you need to pass the FRM exam. While we appreciate your feedback, we ask that you refrain from emailing us or commenting in the forum about missing resources for this reason.
Hello @TRodr8314 I've moved your post here to our publishing process, which explains why there are materials missing in the study planner. Please make sure to read the original post in this thread thoroughly. I've attached it to this message for your reference. Thank you.

RR35390

Hi @Nicole Seaman

I could not find below material for CREDIT RISK MEASUREMENT AND MANAGEMENT in the BT course.

Learning objective CR-12: John Hull, Options, Futures and other Derivatives, 11th Edition: Chapter 24. Credit Risk
Learning objective CR-13: John Hull, Options, Futures and other Derivatives, 11th Edition: Chapter 25. Credit Derivatives

Could you please advise if it is available/will be available soon?

Thank you

RR35390

Hi @Nicole Seaman

I could not find in CURRENT ISSUES IN FINANCIAL MARKETS most of the material available in the BT course.

Could you please advise if it is available/will be available soon?

Thank you

FCasa4923

Subscriber
Good afternoon,

Is there any expected date in which we'll have the current 3 missing parts from the "Current Issues In Financial Markets" in FRM II ready for study? I find it quite unbelievable that they're not yet available when we're almost in July, to be honest. Not sure if this is the quality Bionic Turtle expects to deliver to the clients.

Best regards.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Good afternoon,

Is there any expected date in which we'll have the current 3 missing parts from the "Current Issues In Financial Markets" in FRM II ready for study? I find it quite unbelievable that they're not yet available when we're almost in July, to be honest. Not sure if this is the quality Bionic Turtle expects to deliver to the clients.

Best regards.
I've moved your post to this publishing process thread, which explains why some materials may not be published. The original post in this thread has a full explanation. Current Issues is a lower priority on our update list, as the topic holds a lower percentage of weight on the exam, and GARP provides the source readings for everyone. We prioritize the quantitative and more complex concepts in the curriculum over the Current Issues topic. With that being said, the three sets of notes are currently being reviewed and will be published shortly. Thank you.

Part2IsTOUGH

Subscriber
1721164160694.png
May I know when will the updated video be posted? I viewed this instructional video almost 5 months ago and this has yet to be updated.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
View attachment 4344
May I know when will the updated video be posted? I viewed this instructional video almost 5 months ago and this has yet to be updated.
@Part2IsTOUGH We prioritize new chapters that are added to the curriculum first, and then we will go back to any videos that need to be recorded again. Since this is not a new chapter, we need to draft, record, and publish other videos before we re-record this one. Thank you.

SKhai2554

Subscriber
Hi team,

I couldn't locate the review videos for the two chapters listed below under Valuation and Risk Models.
I just wanted to confirm if its my account or in this case, review videos does not provide additional value?

Chapter 6: Measuring Credit Risk
Chapter 7: Operational Risk

Thank you,
Sandeep

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi team,

I couldn't locate the review videos for the two chapters listed below under Valuation and Risk Models.
I just wanted to confirm if its my account or in this case, review videos does not provide additional value?

Chapter 6: Measuring Credit Risk
Chapter 7: Operational Risk

Thank you,
Sandeep
@sandeepfrm I've moved your post to this thread, which explains our publishing process and why some chapters may not have videos published. Please review the original post here for an explanation. The two videos you mentioned do not currently have videos published. Thank you.

NStot3013

Subscriber
Hi there, I can't see the learning spreadsheet for L2 Hull, Risk Management and Financial Institutions, Chapter 24

Many Thanks,
Nic

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-11 060144.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-11 060144.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 2

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi. Are there going to be videos posted for T4CH6 & 7? Please let me know whenever you get a chance. Thanks!
@David Meehan I've moved your post to this publishing process thread and copied information from our original post below. Although we do not publish videos for every chapter in the curriculum, we are continuing to publish instructional videos in order of priority. We cannot guarantee that those chapters will be published before the exam , but they are on our list to update.

We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to ensure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

We must point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we do not want to sacrifice our materials' quality just to ensure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

We will begin to update the materials in January. The updates will be listed on the following forum threads when published.

Please see below to learn more about our publishing process and why you may not see some materials published.
  • Do you publish materials for every single reading in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle places the integrity and quality of our materials at the forefront of our Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam study products.
Our study packages, including study notes, practice questions, mock exams, instructional videos, spreadsheets, and more, are comprehensive and inclusive of the most important elements of the GARP FRM curriculum. However, there will always be minor material gaps when updates are made, as it would be nearly impossible to include information for every single reading. We publish new materials according to perceived priority. Our staff provides as many updated materials as possible. Certain chapters and readings will include a full set of materials, but that is not the case for every single chapter and reading.​

• Why are some of the materials missing in the study planner but in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle publishes the latest curriculum updates from GARP, but they do take time to prepare (some of them a great deal of time!). Additionally, specific resources that correspond with the FRM readings may or may not be included.
Our team has comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus and the essential information you need to pass the FRM exam. While we appreciate your feedback, we ask that you refrain from emailing us or commenting in the forum about missing resources for this reason.

Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi there, I can't see the learning spreadsheet for L2 Hull, Risk Management and Financial Institutions, Chapter 24

Many Thanks,
Nic

Hello @NStot3013 I've moved your post to this publishing process thread and copied information from our original post below for reference. If you do not see a specific document in the study planner, it means it is not published yet. We are currently in the process of preparing all of the spreadsheets that have not yet been published. When I publish materials, I post in the updated materials threads, which you can follow to receive notifications of updated materials. Thank you.

Our Materials Focus on Quality and Integrity

We ensure that the comprehension of our study products remains intact with every update that is or isn’t made to our materials.
There are five main reasons we do not include every reading found in the syllabus:

• The GARP FRM syllabus is not a rigorous, fixed map of the exam. It contains more concepts than can possibly be tested.
  • GARP emphasizes knowledge points and key concepts. This mirrors the FRM Learning Objectives, and the assigned readings support this.
  • The exam is practice-oriented. Actual exam questions originate from practitioners, not from the readings. They are subsequently vetted against the readings.
  • The reading list changes every year. We believe “chasing” every new reading is unnecessary, as some readings have historically appeared only once on the syllabus, were not on the exam, and were then dropped the following year.
  • Some topics are too dense and won’t be used. Many readings contain some details which are not relevant to the exam.
Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.