IMPORTANT IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
The 2024 Learning Objectives have been released, and we are working diligently to update the materials. Bionic Turtle asks that our members remain patient when it comes to the release of updated materials. You will begin to see new materials published in the study planner in January, and we will continue to update throughout the exam period. It is impossible to update QUALITY materials if we rush to complete them too quickly.

Curriculum Change Spreadsheet: For reference, here is our spreadsheet that shows the changes that were made to the curriculum in 2024: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2023-2024-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheet.24617/

We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to ensure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

We must point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we do not want to sacrifice our materials' quality just to ensure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

We will begin to update the materials in January. The updates will be listed on the following forum threads when published.

Please see below to learn more about our publishing process and why you may not see some materials published.
  • Do you publish materials for every single reading in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle places the integrity and quality of our materials at the forefront of our Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam study products.
Our study packages, including study notes, practice questions, mock exams, instructional videos, spreadsheets, and more, are comprehensive and inclusive of the most important elements of the GARP FRM curriculum. However, there will always be minor material gaps when updates are made, as it would be nearly impossible to include information for every single reading. We publish new materials according to perceived priority. Our staff provides as many updated materials as possible. Certain chapters and readings will include a full set of materials, but that is not the case for every single chapter and reading.​

• Why are some of the materials missing in the study planner but in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle publishes the latest curriculum updates from GARP, but they do take time to prepare (some of them a great deal of time!). Additionally, specific resources that correspond with the FRM readings may or may not be included.
Our team has comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus and the essential information you need to pass the FRM exam. While we appreciate your feedback, we ask that you refrain from emailing us or commenting in the forum about missing resources for this reason.

Our Materials Focus on Quality and Integrity

We ensure that the comprehension of our study products remains intact with every update that is or isn’t made to our materials.
There are five main reasons we do not include every reading found in the syllabus:

• The GARP FRM syllabus is not a rigorous, fixed map of the exam. It contains more concepts than can possibly be tested.
  • GARP emphasizes knowledge points and key concepts. This mirrors the FRM Learning Objectives, and the assigned readings support this.
  • The exam is practice-oriented. Actual exam questions originate from practitioners, not from the readings. They are subsequently vetted against the readings.
  • The reading list changes every year. We believe “chasing” every new reading is unnecessary, as some readings have historically appeared only once on the syllabus, were not on the exam, and were then dropped the following year.
  • Some topics are too dense and won’t be used. Many readings contain some details which are not relevant to the exam.
Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!!

Last edited:

zhuan4928

Subscriber
Hi,
I just purchased part 2 material, however, I find the titles very confusing.
I understand that 2024 new material is still being updated, however, even those chapters remain the same has naming issues.

It’s chapter 15 in the textbook, why do we have to call it chapter 3 in Bionic Turtle? And on VitalSource Bookshelf, why does it have to be called ‘Gregory, xVA Challenge’, wouldn’t naming it Chapter 15 be a lot easier?

I can’t find the chapters I’m looking for until I clicked into it one by one. What's the best way to navigate notes and questions?

Attachments

• bionic turtle part 2.png
    bionic turtle part 2.png
    64.3 KB · Views: 30

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,
I just purchased part 2 material, however, I find the titles very confusing.
I understand that 2024 new material is still being updated, however, even those chapters remain the same has naming issues.

It’s chapter 15 in the textbook, why do we have to call it chapter 3 in Bionic Turtle? And on VitalSource Bookshelf, why does it have to be called ‘Gregory, xVA Challenge’, wouldn’t naming it Chapter 15 be a lot easier?

I can’t find the chapters I’m looking for until I clicked into it one by one. What's the best way to navigate notes and questions?
@zhuan4928 If you follow the study planner, you will be able to navigate directly to your documents in Vital Source. Our study planner follows the GARP syllabus (see page 17 for Credit Risk).

In the syllabus, this reading is called Gregory, xVA Challenge. It includes chapters 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 11, and 17, which is how our study planner and vital source are formatted. If you are studying a specific chapter, you can go to that chapter in the study planner and click on the materials that you would like to review for that chapter. The study notes and PQ links in the study planner will bring you directly to that chapter in Vital Source.

As you said, we are also in the middle of updating everything, so there are going to be some discrepancies in the study planner because it is currently the 2023 materials. Thank you for your patience as we continue to work on getting everything updated and published.

FCasa4923

Subscriber
Hi, one question: I have already studied and highlighted a module's book in which some materials will need to be reviewed. Will the new materials introduction erase the highlights I've been doing in the book of the materials that remain or those will remain intact? Thank you in advance.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Just a reminder to everyone to please read through this forum post before posting elsewhere in the forum about chapters or materials that have not been updated or published yet. This forum post explains our publishing process. Thank you.

SKuma2148

Subscriber
Hi,

The chapter end questions for Last two chapters in Quantitative aptitude says coming up. When can we expect them on our study planner. I actually wanted to understand what kind of questions can be asked from these topics, specially the last two chapters. Since we dont have video reviews as well, I am a bit confused.

How often are these chapters tested?

filippo91

Hi, would it be possible to share some kind of timeline about the availability of new study materials for part 2? Part 2 this year is subject to several changes - in particular concerning Credit Risk. It would be very helpful to know in advance when you plan to publish new materials for each topic - to adjust our exam preparation strategy accordingly. Thanks in advance

MCarm6823

Subscriber
The 2024 Learning Objectives have been released, and we are working diligently to update the materials. Bionic Turtle asks that our members remain patient when it comes to the release of updated materials. You will begin to see new materials published in the study planner in January, and we will continue to update throughout the exam period. It is impossible to update QUALITY materials if we rush to complete them too quickly.

Curriculum Change Spreadsheet: For reference, here is our spreadsheet that shows the changes that were made to the curriculum in 2024: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2023-2024-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheet.24617/

We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to ensure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!

We must point out that we have never guaranteed that every single reading and chapter in the study planner will have a full set of materials (i.e., study notes, PQ set, instructional video, and learning spreadsheet). We publish according to perceived priority, and we do not want to sacrifice our materials' quality just to ensure our study planner is filled in with no gaps in materials.

We will begin to update the materials in January. The updates will be listed on the following forum threads when published.

Please see below to learn more about our publishing process and why you may not see some materials published.
  • Do you publish materials for every single reading in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle places the integrity and quality of our materials at the forefront of our Financial Risk Management (FRM) exam study products.
Our study packages, including study notes, practice questions, mock exams, instructional videos, spreadsheets, and more, are comprehensive and inclusive of the most important elements of the GARP FRM curriculum. However, there will always be minor material gaps when updates are made, as it would be nearly impossible to include information for every single reading. We publish new materials according to perceived priority. Our staff also provides as many updated materials as possible. Certain materials have every reading in the curriculum. Other readings do not include an entire set of materials.

• Why are some of the materials missing in the study planner but in the GARP curriculum? Bionic Turtle publishes the latest curriculum updates from GARP, but they do take time to prepare (some of them a great deal of time!). Additionally, specific resources that correspond with the FRM readings may or may not be included.
Our team has comprehensive knowledge of the syllabus and the essential information you need to pass the FRM exam. While we appreciate your feedback, we ask that you refrain from emailing us or commenting in the forum about missing resources for this reason.

Our Materials Focus on Quality and Integrity

We ensure that the comprehension of our study products remains intact with every update that is or isn’t made to our materials.
There are five main reasons we do not include every reading found in the syllabus:

• The GARP FRM syllabus is not a rigorous, fixed map of the exam. It contains more concepts than can possibly be tested.
  • GARP emphasizes knowledge points and key concepts. This mirrors the FRM Learning Objectives, and the assigned readings support this.
  • The exam is practice-oriented. Actual exam questions originate from practitioners, not from the readings. They are subsequently vetted against the readings.
  • The reading list changes every year. We believe “chasing” every new reading is unnecessary, as some readings have historically appeared only once on the syllabus, were not on the exam, and were then dropped the following year.
  • Some topics are too dense and won’t be used. Many readings contain some details which are not relevant to the exam.
Thank you all for using Bionic Turtle, and we wish you luck in your studies!!
Hi, any updates on when the Part 2 material that states coming soon will be available? Ie.

Bouteille et. al, Handbook of Credit Risk Management, Chapters 1 & 2 (Coming Soon)​

aalirahman

Subscriber
@David Harper CFA FRM @Nicole Seaman Hi , how come there are no questions in the Risk Identification chapter. I searched these questions in the forum. The courses page just has notes for the chapter so I am curious if I am missing something and there are more questions for this topic. Thanks

Last edited:

MCarm6823

Subscriber
Thanks Nicole! One more question. I noticed that one of the new sections for credit risk in the GARP study guide mentions the following: 1708737272351.pngbut I dont see it mentioned at all in the Part Two material. May you please advise why its missing as its not even mentioned as "Coming soon"

ASufy1711

Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman, there is a new LO for 2024 P1.T4 (VRM) around using the GARCH (1,1) model for estimating volatility. is that something that is in the process of being added to the materials/ study notes?
thanks

aalirahman

Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman I dont understand one thing, why do I see a different llist of chapters in operational risk book for pratice questions in my vital source app vs when I open the link through a web browser. I do not understand which one to follow.

The screenshot on the left shows what I see in the vital source application for practice questions and the screenshot on the right shows the vital source on my web browser. I am facing similar problems with other chapters in different books as well. I have limited time to study and searching for the right material within the book takes a lot of time.

1708802869462.png1708802982631.png

aalirahman

Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman The chapters that are yet to be uploaded says "coming soon" however I noticed that in Operational Risk Book the following chapters do not have practice questions and also do not say coming soon:
Chapter 2,3,5,6,7,9,11,13,14 and 16. Can you please advise if you guys will upload questions or this is just generic reading.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
We ask that everyone read the original post in this thread, especially the part that states, "We ask all of our users to please refrain from asking when specific materials will be published, as each time we have to answer this status update question, it takes valuable time away from our preparation. We appreciate your patience during this busy time. We want to ensure our subscribers have the most up-to-date, quality materials possible!"

Due to the high volume of material that we are trying to prepare for Vital Source, we cannot answer every question that is asking us about specific materials being published. Each question that I have to answer takes me away from actual material prep, which prolongs the publishing time. New materials are being published. We will cover all of the LOs, and the study planner will match Vital Source as soon as the new PDFs are uploaded this week. Thank you.

SMehr4757

Hi @Nicole Seaman, when are the mock exams for 2024 Part-1 expected to be released? Currently says "coming soon" in the study planner.
Further, is it possible to view mock exams from previous years (for paying customers) - I don't mean GARP Mocks, but BT's mocks from previous editions.

I read through the post regarding the publishing process, but couldn't find any information there regarding the mocks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman, when are the mock exams for 2024 Part-1 expected to be released? Currently says "coming soon" in the study planner.
Further, is it possible to view mock exams from previous years (for paying customers) - I don't mean GARP Mocks, but BT's mocks from previous editions.

I read through the post regarding the publishing process, but couldn't find any information there regarding the mocks.
@SMehr4757 We always make sure to have the mock exams published by the last week of March. We are currently working on them, and they will be published this week. Please make sure to read our publishing process above regarding asking questions about when specific materials will be published. We try to keep the forum clear of questions asking about updated content, as it is intended for content/concept questions and discussions. We have been working diligently to update everything and will continue to update throughout the exam period. Thank you so much for your patience.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Just a reminder for everyone to please read the original post in this thread so you are familiar with our publishing process. As in previous years, we publish materials throughout the exam period and year. Each time that I need to stop to answer the many questions that are being sent to me via private messages asking for updates, it is taking away from the time I'm spending on preparing the actual materials. I assure you that our team is working each day on preparing the materials so they reflect the changes that GARP made to the curriculum. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.