IMPORTANT - DO NOT POST ABOUT THE EXAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
As in previous years, we ask all of our forum members not to post anything in the forum about the exam until Monday, October 26th.

GARP has been very clear that they do not want candidates posting feedback or details about the exam over the weekend, as the exam is taken at different times all over the world. We have to follow this as an exam prep provider.

Please keep in mind that David and I have to constantly monitor the forum throughout the weekend to ensure that nobody posts any exam information, so we ask that you respect our time also by not posting anything about the exam.

On Monday morning you can begin to discuss the exam in the two feedback threads that I will be posting.

Good luck to all of you who are taking the exam!

mattheweidinger

Don't know if this is appropriate to post here or in another section - please advise, if it isn't.

Can candidates post about the exam experience in this thread along with WHERE they took the exam? I - and other candidates I am sure - would like to know about what an exam from GARP during the era of COVID will look like. PPE procedures? Check in procedures? Social distancing measures? etc.

I also suspect that there may be some last minute cancellations in some locations...but, I hope not.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Don't know if this is appropriate to post here or in another section - please advise, if it isn't.

Can candidates post about the exam experience in this thread along with WHERE they took the exam? I - and other candidates I am sure - would like to know about what an exam from GARP during the era of COVID will look like. PPE procedures? Check in procedures? Social distancing measures? etc.

I also suspect that there may be some last minute cancellations in some locations...but, I hope not.
@mattheweidinger

Everything about the exam experience should be posted in the exam feedback threads on Monday morning so everything is in one place for those who are taking the exams in November and January. If a lot of people are posting about the exam experience before Monday, we will need to stay on the forum all weekend to monitor every post because we need to make sure that there is absolutely nothing about the actual exam posted (this is directly from GARP). The feedback threads will be helpful to those taking the exams in the near future. I agree that including the COVID exam experience will also be helpful so I do hope that people include it in their feedback on Monday.

Eustice_Langham

Promise not to discuss the content..but if you will indulge me one item...having sat the exam in HK I was very surprised with the number of spare desks that were obviously assigned for people to sit but it would appear that they didnt show up.

nc27

Not discussing either, but must have been the only one whose phone alarm went off 45 min after the beginning of the exam and having done 26 questions .... guess I will repeat bionic turtle on May 2021. Nevertheless, thanks BT team, wonderful content, I'll comment more on the exam on Monday .

VWJETTY

Not discussing either, but must have been the only one whose phone alarm went off 45 min after the beginning of the exam and having done 26 questions .... guess I will repeat bionic turtle on May 2021. Nevertheless, thanks BT team, wonderful content, I'll comment more on the exam on Monday .

wow that's a bummer. I will refrain from talking about the exam until Monday. It was hella interesting :)

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Thank you both for not posting anything about the exam until Monday. @nc27 I am very sorry to hear that your alarm went off during the exam. :(

Eustice_Langham

Yeah totally not easy at all for me. I feel like 8 months of prep down the toilet.
Again not discussing specifics....one guy near me, left the exam within 2 hours, I got the impression that he just said no way....the looks on peoples faces leaving the hall, said alot to me. I may be mistaken however, lets see. But one further item...it was a very strict way of conducting an exam...ie everything was step by step, alot of proctors etc

VWJETTY

Again not discussing specifics....one guy near me, left the exam within 2 hours, I got the impression that he just said no way....the looks on peoples faces leaving the hall, said alot to me. I may be mistaken however, lets see. But one further item...it was a very strict way of conducting an exam...ie everything was step by step, alot of proctors etc

I concur. A lot of defeated looks. Proctors were no joke...they searched everything from my calculars, to my glasses, to my pockets. I could've sworn I was about to get interrogated by the FBI haha! Did you take it in Washington DC if I may ask? We had about 15 candidates we had one person leave at around the 2 hour mark and everyone else stayed till the very end.

Eustice_Langham

I concur. A lot of defeated looks. Proctors were no joke...they searched everything from my calculars, to my glasses, to my pockets. I could've sworn I was about to get interrogated by the FBI haha! Did you take it in Washington DC if I may ask? We had about 15 candidates we had one person leave at around the 2 hour mark and everyone else stayed till the very end.
No in Hong Kong...it was a very interesting experience, not intimidating just a thorough experience. My calculator got searched as well by two different people which I thought was very odd, given it is a standard TI. I dont know why I was singled out but I was.

VWJETTY

Oh ok, yeah they came by and flipped my passport over MULTIPLE times like it's going to magically change by itself or something. They do the same thing at the CFA exams as well. You know, after this exam, I have these day-dreaming nightmares of relapses of questions. Now that I think about it, yeah, it was tough. I think I answered all the ones I knew and there were a good amount of WTF questions that were far left field at least for me. Just process of elimination and pick the best one....(sigh) I get nervous after the exam for some reason.

VWJETTY

Hmm..hard to say. I narrowed quite a bit down to 2 or 3 choices. The more wordy ones freaked me out a little but I tried to keep my cool. I finished about 30 min ahead but had to go back over a handful of skipped ones and weren't really able to crack hardly any. Hope for the best but expect the worst is kinda where I stand.

badbunny

I was amazed and must be extremely thankful for BT preparation. I manage to secure 91 correct answers and guess “only” 9 on my last 30 min. Hopefully I can stay above +80 considering random errors I could have made.

Can’t be thankful enough to BT team. The exam felt easy...

Hamam

I felt the exam was fair, if you put in the work, consistency & dedication you’d get the results. It was very easy to see that if you didn’t put in the work in the right way why it would be so hard. Will comment about the exam on Monday along with what I thought about using BT :).

randomname

Part 2 was tough even though I went through all BT material and some of GARPs books. Probably because the curriculum is just overloaded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.