- Materials you used
- Types of questions / exams you reviewed
- Study plan
- Total hours

Thanks!

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
Hi,
1. I used schwser and john Hull textbook as my preparation towards the exam. BT videos also helped a lot.
2. Revieved garp sample papers of previous years together with EOC exercises.
3. Regularly 5-6 hrs for 3 months (gave first 1.5 month for study of all AIM topics then 1 month for hull, then .5 months for revision)for part II.
4. approx 500 hrs or so

thanks

anand99

I bought the tier 3 FRM Part2 package from BT. I am contemplating whether I should buy Schwesser notes as well. Can people who have done Part 2 make a recommendation whether it makes sense to also get Schwesser notes in addition to BT?

chiyui

Congrats to everyone that passed.

For those of you that passed Part II, could you please provide:
- Materials you used
- Types of questions / exams you reviewed
- Study plan
- Total hours

Thanks!
I took the exam for both parts in one take.

For textbook, I only used 2011 FRM Handbook Plus Test Bank written by Philippe Jorion. It contains 30 chapters, around 800 pages.

For exercises, I used this handbook, plus some exercise books published by Kaplan Schweser, plus some questions I found in various places in the internet (well, I just google some keywords I think I have not enough confidence in the issue. For instance, I google "funding liquidity risk exercise" and see if there's any pdf files containing the exercises).

My study plan was simple - just ate up the Jorion's FRM handbook, and did any exercises I could google for. I ate up the whole book during Jul-Aug/2013, so 2 months. I did the exercises sporadically from July to November. I took the exam on 17/11/2012.

I didn't count my total hours becoz I don't like to do so. In some days I read the handbook very fast, so I could spend up to 6 hours to run the progress in these "good" days. But in some days my status was blue, and I could only spend up to 1 hours reading only one chapter (sometimes even less). I don't like to let my total hours limiting my pace of understanding. So my comment might not be helpful to you.

chiyui

BTW, I didn't spend most of the time in probability/statistics and such kind of quantitative stuffs becoz I've been familiar with these subjects for a long time. I've spent nearly 3 years in passing the Hong Kong Statistical Society exams (equivalent to the Royal Statistical Society exams in England), which contain already the necessarily much knowledge needed in the FRM exams. So you might need to be careful to my study plan and total hours if you think my case is rather abnormal.

bball8530

All,
I passed Level 1 in May and am signed up for Level 2 in November. I was a quantitative finance major with a concentration in risk management so I only used BT to study for Level 1 and felt that prepared me more than enough. I didn't buy any of the books or use any other study materials. Has anyone else took this route and only used BT for Level 2 as well? Just trying to figure out if I should renew my subscription for BT on Level 2 or if there's something better out there.

Thanks!