FRM Part II 17 May 2014 Result

A-hayat

I got my PASS result for FRM Part II and I must say thank you to David and BT team. Your notes and questions are really very good. I would Highly recommend your notes and practice questions.

Frm27

Would like to say the same thing. Though the materials were not published fast enough, it is enough to pass by grasping what have been published. Thanks a lot.

WiseSnail

anyone know the pass/fail breakdown for part 2 may 2014 exam?

According to GARP, the May 2014 pass rate was 42.5% for Part 1 and 58.1% for Part 2 (I'm curious what they are for BT members; if postings on this forum are any indication, I suspect they are signficantly higher than for the candidate pool at large, although there is probably a reporting bias in favor of those who passed). You can find GARP's numbers here: http://www.garp.org/frm/frm-program/about-the-frm-program.aspx

Not having looked at the historical pass rates before, these numbers initially struck me as high, however this is a much more focused exam than, say, the CFA, so perhaps the high pass rate is due to a self-selected pool of high quality candidates. The 10-year average pass rates for the CFA are 38%, 43%, and 54% for levels 1, 2, and 3 respectively.

WiseSnail

This is a little bit off-topic, and perhaps deserving of a new thread, but has anyone completed GARP's post-exam survey in which you are asked your opinion about the possibility of GARP offering supplementary certifications as part of its CPE program in subtopic areas such as insurance, simulation, etc? What are people's thoughts on this?

jeff-1984

This is a little bit off-topic, and perhaps deserving of a new thread, but has anyone completed GARP's post-exam survey in which you are asked your opinion about the possibility of GARP offering supplementary certifications as part of its CPE program in subtopic areas such as insurance, simulation, etc? What are people's thoughts on this?

Havent done this but should probably do it ASAP

Passed Part II: 1-1-1-1-1

Thank you David & team! Wouldn't have done it without you!
The summaries, videos, excel sheets and PQ are invaluable! I think it is hard/impossible to grasp all the information and content that can be derived from the readings. Your pointing out of (key) issues and easy and straightforward explanations of difficult ideas are great!

I can only highly recommend BT! To buy the Professional Package for Part I and II was one of the best value-for money decisions I ever made!

Thank you! :)

amresh

Subscriber
heartiest congratulation to those who cleared level 2. Could you please list down key strategies, followed while nailing this exam.

heartiest congratulation to those who cleared level 2. Could you please list down key strategies, followed while nailing this exam.

Use BT! ;)

To my mind Part II is significantly different from Part I. While Part I contains a lot of quantitative Exam Questions - which are often straightforward - there where just a few in Part II. Part II is rather conceptual and the exam asked quite a lot of questions where situations where described and you had to find the most proper answer. Thus, it is advisable to grasp the concepts and to know the relations between them.

I used BT and read all the GARP chapters (except the Basel readings). What I found very useful was - after working through all the materials - to make a final review (rather high level) to understand how the concepts interact and to remember the key issues. This gives you the knowledge you need to handle questions even when they seem to be awkward on first sight. It enables you to eliminate some answers and you can very likely use main concepts to find parts of answers that indicate - maybe not directly but via an example - the right or wrong answer.

Good Luck!