FRM Part 1 Results are on the website!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzikas

Hi
Yes BT notes and videos are more than enough.
Thanks

Hello Shakti,

I have purchased the BT level2 FRM material and was about to buy the GARP official books, and I noticed your comment. There are some chapters in the material that are not covered by BT (e.g. the last Hull paper in the market risk section). People in the forum mentioned that the last FRM exam asked questions from all the newly included chapters. Therefore somebody without the books and just with the BT material would not be able to answers these questions. Did you mean that its not worth spending time on these chapters? Could you pleas clarify, because I feel like the BT material is not enough. Thank you.

Best,
Nick

chanhoke

Subscriber
Am extremely grateful for David and team's effort. I used solely BT and passed part 1 with all 1st q. Thank you so much guys and keep up the good work!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello Shakti,

I have purchased the BT level2 FRM material and was about to buy the GARP official books, and I noticed your comment. There are some chapters in the material that are not covered by BT (e.g. the last Hull paper in the market risk section). People in the forum mentioned that the last FRM exam asked questions from all the newly included chapters. Therefore somebody without the books and just with the BT material would not be able to answers these questions. Did you mean that its not worth spending time on these chapters? Could you pleas clarify, because I feel like the BT material is not enough. Thank you.

Best,
Nick

Hello Nick,

I know that Shakti stated that BT materials are enough, and for some people they are enough. We will continue to update the study planner throughout this exam period so you will begin to see the missing readings show up in the study planner and there will not be as many gaps in the materials. Because there are so many changes in the curriculum from year to year, it is difficult for BT to update the entire study planner with new materials before the May exam. I cannot tell you whether our materials are enough for you to pass, because it depends on your individual FRM education and experience, but make sure that you do not ignore any of the readings that are in the current GARP curriculum. I'm sure other members of the forum will be able to help you decide if you should use BT alone or if you should purchase the GARP books in addition to our prep materials. :)

Thank you,

Nicole

nzikas

Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback. The posted material is great; looking forward to the rest of the stuff. I will soon decide what I can do with the GARP books. Thank you again.

Best,
Nick

Last edited:

Sandeep11

I passed Q1 Q1 Q2 Q2...Rather than the Q(s) or result i am more happy to be part of this Risk Community...I enjoyed the learning during the part 1.
Although i was not hopeful and was almost ready to prepare again once the results are out...I take the result with humility and look forward to FRM level 2 exam.

Status
Not open for further replies.