FRM May2012 L1 exam feedback

pojo

You are correct..... Of course I want you to be correct as the results at the moment indicate I have failed, if someone else finds they have passed that would indicate that they have updated the database.

\
Hi Pojo - that tricked worked well till last year - they have fixed this bug now - and everyone who registered and have taken the exam is provided with the following message

Thank you for trying to register for the FRM / ERP Exam. Because you registered for the same Exam and the 2012 Exam results have not yet been released, we cannot allow you to register for the FRM / ERP Exam at this time. Once the results are published on July 6,2012 at that time you will be allowed to register for November 17, 2012 Examination.

Attachments

• frm part2 registration advertisement.JPG
    frm part2 registration advertisement.JPG
    144.3 KB · Views: 27

Finance_Guy

The only way to tell if this is working is if we hear anything from the following

- Registered and appeared for Level I exam and is now gets a choice to register of Level II exam only
- Registered and appeared for Level II exam and is now can't register anymore being told that he / she is a FRM holder

Neely

I sat for the FRM Part I exam in Nov 2011 and I can tell you not to make yourself crazy by trying to register for Part II before the exam results are actually published. I did this, because some people said they were able to register for Part II a few days before the results were out. So I tried it too but got the message that I cannot register for Part II. I wasnt able to register for Part II even the day before the results came out. I was really frustrated and thougt I didnt make it, BUT I did. The next morning I got my results and was able to register for Part II. So please stop trying and just wait for July 6th.

Finance_Guy

This is what I said initially - while it is true that in some cases it allows you to guess and provide a mild confirmation that you have passed the FRM exam - it is only valid when GARP has updated your record in the database -

varun34by02

can all members can try and getting different options or getting the same option

As per this theory - I havent cleared ! But is there someone who has cleared ..

I am loving this game :p .. Can someone ask GARP to browse this page - they ll die once seen such tricks :D

varun34by02

Hi Pojo - that tricked worked well till last year - they have fixed this bug now - and everyone who registered and have taken the exam is provided with the following message

Thank you for trying to register for the FRM / ERP Exam. Because you registered for the same Exam and the 2012 Exam results have not yet been released, we cannot allow you to register for the FRM / ERP Exam at this time. Once the results are published on July 6,2012 at that time you will be allowed to register for November 17, 2012 Examination.

Hi,
In their registration page, i chose for part II to register and got this message -

Thank you for trying to register for the FRM Exam Part II. Because you have not cleared FRM Exam Part I or are not currently registered for Part I, we cannot allow you to register for FRM EXAM Part II at this time. To return to the registration page to register click here. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the FRM department at [email protected].

_- Does this mean i have failed ?? :confused:

Finance_Guy

No Varun - this is definitely not the case - I think trick works at the max 1 day before or just on the result announcement day. The trick works only once GARP has updated their database with the results, which is very unlikely they have done so yet.

varun34by02

No Varun - this is definitely not the case - I think trick works at the max 1 day before or just on the result announcement day. The trick works only once GARP has updated their database with the results, which is very unlikely they have done so yet.

Hey.. thanks for kind words.. but i see my message quite different from others.. It directly points that database is updated - I did not clear... I am attaching what i had chosen.. can others check if they get some different message -

P.S. - I was logged-in when i did this !

Attachments

• frm.JPG
    frm.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 21

Finance_Guy

nope .. u need to log out first .. go on the registration page - click the option and try and register - it will then take you to a page where it will say please log in to register - click on that - it will take you to another page - enter your user name and password and it will take you the actual registration page with drop down boxes

Neely

Varun, last year I got the exact same message as you just did one day before the results came out (Because you have not cleared FRM Exam Part I or are not currently registered for Part I, we cannot allow you to register for FRM EXAM Part II at this time). That was why I thougt I failed. But as I said before, I cleared the exam, so this message does not mean anything!!!!!!

I sat for the FRM Part I exam in Nov 2011 and I can tell you not to make yourself crazy by trying to register for Part II before the exam results are actually published. I did this, because some people said they were able to register for Part II a few days before the results were out. So I tried it too but got the message that I cannot register for Part II. I wasnt able to register for Part II even the day before the results came out. I was really frustrated and thougt I didnt make it, BUT I did. The next morning I got my results and was able to register for Part II. So please stop trying and just wait for July 6th.

thanks a lot dear.. you have put an end to my feelings of uncertainty..

varun34by02

Varun, last year I got the exact same message as you just did one day before the results came out (Because you have not cleared FRM Exam Part I or are not currently registered for Part I, we cannot allow you to register for FRM EXAM Part II at this time). That was why I thougt I failed. But as I said before, I cleared the exam, so this message does not mean anything!!!!!!

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF ! :cool:

ColumbusGuy

"@rony_frm: I think the cutoff is currently unknowable to anyone"

Well.. if you have seen a passing score worse than 2233, then you don't know the exact cutoff but you know the ballpark. If not, you can start telling your students that with 2233 GARP can still let you register for Part 2 :)