Expected cut off scores for part 2 2017 exam

dbansal

Hello, Anyone have any ideas of what the expected cut off score to pass the part 2 exam can be? A range would be great. Currently in my practice questions I am getting anywhere between 60% to 70% correct.

Edit: as of 10PM EST time, the search functionality on bionic turtle does not seem to work.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello, Anyone have any ideas of what the expected cut off score to pass the part 2 exam can be? A range would be great. Currently in my practice questions I am getting anywhere between 60% to 70% correct.

Edit: as of 10PM EST time, the search functionality on bionic turtle does not seem to work.
@dbansal

You may be able to find some guidance in the May 2017 feedback thread, although nobody really knows what the expected cutoff score is going to be for November's exam: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/posts/50488. There has also been a lot of discussion in the forum about cutoff scores in the past HERE and HERE.

Also, the search function is currently working for me. Are you still having trouble with the search function?

Thank you,

Nicole

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Thanks for the links @Nicole Seaman ... I think it's still the case that we don't have a reliable, fact-based source to inform an accurate cutoff range. I don't think anything has changed that factoid. Although given the syllabus looks to be stabilizing, a year from now it might be a different story ...