2021 Exam Update from GARP (for 2020 postponed exam updates only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi, i have not seen this on GARP website. I have expected that in light of previous comments but is it official yet?
They are supposed to be updating their website also, so as soon as I have confirmation from GARP I will post the details that they provide here. I don't know why they haven't updated the website yet. That is usually done at the same time that emails are sent out. :rolleyes:

tylerswob

Since this has been postponed I imagine this now means we will be tested on the 2021 curriculum? So that's wasted time on the 2020 materials that will not be LO's this year. Not a great use of my time.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Since this has been postponed I imagine this now means we will be tested on the 2021 curriculum? So that's wasted time on the 2020 materials that will not be LO's this year. Not a great use of my time.
@tylerswob

Yes, postponed candidates will now be tested on the 2021 curriculum. GARP made very few changes in 2021. The only major additions are in the Current Issues topic in Part 2. I'm not sure if you have looked at our curriculum change XLS, but this is the link in case you would like to see the changes: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2020-2021-curriculum-change-analysis-spreadsheets.23609/. I hope that is helpful.

mattheweidinger

I don't think GARP can unilaterally modify the curriculum that candidates agreed to be responsible for when they registered for the original 2020 exams...

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I don't think GARP can unilaterally modify the curriculum that candidates agreed to be responsible for when they registered for the original 2020 exams...
I'm sorry to be the one to deliver that news. Unfortunately, I'm just the messenger. In our last call with GARP, they stated that anyone postponed after January would be tested on the 2021 curriculum. They said that this is the reason that there were very few changes made in the curriculum.

mattheweidinger

I'm sorry to be the one to deliver that news. Unfortunately, I'm just the messenger. In our last call with GARP, they stated that anyone postponed after January would be tested on the 2021 curriculum. They said that this is the reason that there were very few changes made in the curriculum.

I understand that.

However, I think that when you register for one of these exams - FRM, CFA, CPA, etc - you enter into a contract with the organization administering these exams. I don't think they can legally modify the curriculum you are responsible for...

umangmahajan9

Hello, I hope everyone are doing well.
I just quick question, anyone is taking FRM in Melbourne. Please revert to this post and also what do you think, is exam going to postponed to May as there are increasing number of COVID cases?

Thanks

Sjegathe

I understand that.

However, I think that when you register for one of these exams - FRM, CFA, CPA, etc - you enter into a contract with the organization administering these exams. I don't think they can legally modify the curriculum you are responsible for...

I agree with your point but i am pretty sure GARP would have checked this with their legal team.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello, I hope everyone are doing well.
I just quick question, anyone is taking FRM in Melbourne. Please revert to this post and also what do you think, is exam going to postponed to May as there are increasing number of COVID cases?

Thanks
@umangmahajan9

Please note that I moved your post to this thread, which already discusses the exam postponements. We are trying to keep all exam postponement information in this one thread so it is not spread out in the forum. This helps to keep the forum organized. I will be posting any important announcements regarding postponements here in this thread as they become available.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I've confirmed with GARP that the following locations have been postponed. They said that details have been emailed and will be posted on the website by the end of today. I will post any further information I receive here.
  • Chicago
  • Czech Republic
  • Dublin
  • Frankfurt
  • London
  • Munich
  • Philadelphia
  • Poland

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Here is an update to go along with my last post. This information has been posted to the GARP website. Not all of the locations I listed above have been posted on their site yet:

UPDATE: JAN 5, 2021
MUNICH, GERMANY JANUARY EXAMS POSTPONED TO MAY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its January 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams in Munich, Germany. Candidates for the Exams will see these changes:
  • FRM Part I candidates: The Exam will now be offered between May 8–21 and will be computer-based. All candidates can select a preferred Exam date within this Exam window once scheduling opens on December 15 by logging in to the portal.
  • FRM Part II candidates: The Exam will now be given on May 15, 2021 via paper and pencil. All candidates scheduled for the January Exam will automatically be registered for the May Exam. There is nothing that you need to do.
FRANKFURT, GERMANY JANUARY EXAMS POSTPONED TO MAY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its January 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Frankfurt, Germany. Candidates for the Exams will see these changes:
  • FRM Part I candidates: The Exam will now be offered between May 8–21 and will be computer-based. All candidates can select a preferred Exam date within this Exam window once scheduling opens on December 15 by logging in to the portal.
  • FRM Part II candidates: The Exam will now be given on May 15, 2021 via paper and pencil. All candidates scheduled for the January Exam will automatically be registered for the May Exam. There is nothing that you need to do.
CZECH REPUBLIC JANUARY EXAMS POSTPONED TO MAY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its January 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Czech Republic. Candidates for the Exams will see these changes:
POLAND JANUARY EXAMS POSTPONED TO MAY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its January 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Poland. Candidates for the Exams will see these changes:
PHILADELPHIA JANUARY EXAMS POSTPONED TO MAY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its January 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Philadelphia. Candidates for the Exams will see these changes:

Status
Not open for further replies.