2016: Part 2 New and Updated Published Materials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
This thread is to give our members a quick reference to the new and updated Part 2 materials that we publish throughout the 2016 exam period. Please see our announcement HERE for more information on our publishing process. :)

Topic 5: Market Risk Measurement & Management

Reading 38: Messages
  • Study Notes (updated 06/01/16)
Reading 39: Meissner, Chapters 1, 2, 3 & 4
  • Study Notes (published 03/31/16)
Reading 40: Tuckman, Chapter 6
  • Question set updated to include Chapter 6
Topic Review
  • Global Review PQ set (published 09/08/16)
Topic 6: Credit Risk

Reading 45: Malz

• Practice Question Set (Edited 07/13/16 to reflect correct answers to 307.1-3 questions)
Reading 46: Gregory, Counterparty Credit Risk and Credit Value Adjustment
  • Practice Question Set (published 01/13/16)
Reading 47: Crouhy, Chapters 9 & 20
  • Practice Question Set (published 02/03/16) (updated on 2/5/16 to add last set of questions)
Reading 48: Choudhry, Chapter 12
  • Practice Question Set (published 02/17/16)
Topic Review
  • Global Topic Review Question Set (published 09/02/16)

Topic 7: Operational & Integrated Risk Management

Reading 50: Principles for the Sound Management of Operational Risk

• Study Notes (updated 07/22/16)
Reading 53: Cruz, Chapter 2
  • Question Set (published 07/14/16)
  • Study Notes (published 07/21/16)
Reading 56: Crouhy, Chapters 15 & 17
  • Question Set (published 07/28/16)
Reading 64: Hull, Chapters 15, 16 & 17
  • Question Set (updated 08/19/16)
Topic Review
  • Global Topic Review Question Set (published 09/09/16)
Topic 8: Risk Management and Investment Management

Topic Review

• Global Topic Review Question Set (published 09/09/16)
Topic 9: Current Issues

Reading 77: Paul Glasserman, Forging Best Practices in Risk Management

• Study Notes (published 04/20/16)
  • Question Set (published 08/24/16)
Reading 78: Tanju Yorulmazer, Case Studies on Disruptions During the Crisis
  • Study Notes (published 04/20/16)
  • Question Set (published 08/25/16)
Reading 79: Liquidity regulations and a lender of last resort
  • Actual GARP reading published (see note in study planner)
  • Question Set (published 09/07/16)
Reading 80: Global financial markets liquidity study
  • Study Notes (published 04/21/16)
  • Question Set (published 09/08/16)
Reading 81: Duffie, Reforming LIBOR
  • Study Notes (published 04/22/16)
Reading 82: Froukelien Wendt., Central Counterparties
  • Study Notes (published 04/25/16)
Reading 83: Gallardo, Stress Testing Convergence
  • Question Set (published 09/13/16)
Reading 84: Cybersecurity 101: A Resource Guide for Bank Executives
  • Question Set (published 09/13/16)
Part 2 Review
  • Interactive Mock Exam A (published 4/2/16)
  • Interactive Mock Exam B (published 4/19/16)
  • Interactive Mock Exam C (published 05/04/16)
  • Interactive Mock Exam D (published 05/05/16)

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Update: All interactive mock exams and their corresponding PDFs have been published for Part 1 and Part 2 :)

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Note: Part 2, Topic 6, Malz Chapters 6, 7, 8 & 9

Page 26 of the practice question set has been updated in the study planner. There were answers left out on questions 307.1-3.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Update: All Global Topic Review PQ sets have been published for Topics 5 through 8. They are located under the Topic Review sections of each topic.

ELCH57

David/Nicole,
I am well aware that you do not aim to publish everything. Nevertheless just for my sake (so I can better organise myself), can you please let me know if you are planning to publish the following (if only partially, please specify which ones):

Market Risk: Hull, 9+20, Study Notes

Credit Risk:
Stulz, 18, Study Notes
Crouhy, 9+12, Study Notes
Choundry, 12, Study Notes

Operational Risk: Crouhy, 15+17, Study Notes.

Thanks for letting me know. Very much appreciated.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
David/Nicole,
I am well aware that you do not aim to publish everything. Nevertheless just for my sake (so I can better organise myself), can you please let me know if you are planning to publish the following (if only partially, please specify which ones):

Market Risk: Hull, 9+20, Study Notes

Credit Risk:
Stulz, 18, Study Notes
Crouhy, 9+12, Study Notes
Choundry, 12, Study Notes

Operational Risk: Crouhy, 15+17, Study Notes.

Thanks for letting me know. Very much appreciated.
Hello @ELCH57

We are currently drafting study notes, and we do plan on publishing the notes that you've listed above (although we do try to refrain from guaranteeing that any specific readings will be published). We are working quickly to finish preparing outstanding materials at this time, and appreciate your patience.

Thank you,

Nicole

MBK

Hi Nicole,

Would it be possible for you to confirm if you're planning on publishing any updates to the focus review videos? I noticed that they're quite old (2012) so I wanted to confirm before using them for review. I'm not asking for timelines but just want to get a sense of whether I should expect updates.

Thanks

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @MBK I don't expect we will update the focus review videos until 2017. We will begin updating other videos shortly but we probably won't update the focus review videos until we have all notes updated for the 2017 syllabus (cc @Nicole Seaman ). Thanks,

MBK

Hi David/Nicole,

In the first post, it is mentioned that Global Topic Drill has been updated for Topic 5 as of 09/08/2016. However, I see some questions in there regarding key rates, duration etc. Do these reflect the older P2 syllabus? I just wanted to confirm that while you did mention that there have been updates in the Global Topic Drill, there are still questions in the Drill from the older P2 syllabus which aren't relevant anymore (at least directly) for the latest P2 syllabus, correct?

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi David/Nicole,

In the first post, it is mentioned that Global Topic Drill has been updated for Topic 5 as of 09/08/2016. However, I see some questions in there regarding key rates, duration etc. Do these reflect the older P2 syllabus? I just wanted to confirm that while you did mention that there have been updates in the Global Topic Drill, there are still questions in the Drill from the older P2 syllabus which aren't relevant anymore (at least directly) for the latest P2 syllabus, correct?
Hello @MBK

You are correct. We have not updated the Global Topic Drills to completely coincide with the 2016 curriculum so there are going to be questions that reflect the older curriculum. Because we are not going to have time to add new questions to these sets, we decided to publish the older questions since many of them are relevant to this year's exam.

Thank you,

Nicole

Rohit

Hi @Nicole Seaman is there a link/button that downloads all the study materials at once ? This feature would make us download/save and print materials quickly. Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman is there a link/button that downloads all the study materials at once ? This feature would make us download/save and print materials quickly. Thanks.
Hello @Rohit

No it is not possible to download the entire study planner at once. Please keep in mind that we publish materials throughout the exam period and not all at once. We have found that most of our members go through the study planner and download the readings that they are currently studying and check them off once they have completed them. If you were able to download the entire study planner all at once, you would need to do it many times, as the study planner is constantly updated. Please also note that we create new update threads each year. The current threads for 2017 are here for Part 1 and Part 2. I hope this helps!

Nicole

Status
Not open for further replies.