Exam Feedback May 2021 Part 1 Exam Feedback

rixabh

I think the July exam is part of the May session somehow, that is why we have been posting in here.
Not really sure of the same!!! Considering lesser responses for July 2021 exam, had created a Reddit poll on exam and score feedback. But this forum would be much more comprehensive and realistic. Hence was waiting for it.

bollengc

Not really sure of the same!!! Considering lesser responses for July 2021 exam, had created a Reddit poll on exam and score feedback. But this forum would be much more comprehensive and realistic. Hence was waiting for it.
I was considering the FAQ section from GARP where you see a split for May/July and November:
1627305481937.png

but at the same time, people taking the exam in May got their results mid July and people taking the exam in July will get the results mid September...
but, I am not too sure if it makes somehow a difference, being the same session or a different session...

A few people (including me) have shared their result but not sure if everyone taking the exam was aware results could be displayed.

Gonzalo786

I cleared with 2,3,1,2. Thanks to BT team. Got a lot of help from forum discussions,:)
Hi Vinayak, do you remember your score at the end of the exam? Looking at previous replies, a 59/100 was a 1,2,1,2 - so it seems like maybe the cutoff for this exam was 50-55 out of 100? thanks!

Meta

Wow this is high, considering that CFA exam is 25% pass rate now . It explains why some low score candidates have passed the exam. (lowest score of 53-54/100 according to reddit)
On one hand, this is maybe too high for a so-called prestigious certification, on the other hand, i wish they lower the rate to a reasonable 40%-42% only after i pass the two parts! (so selfishly biaised! )

Gonzalo786

Wow this is high, considering that CFA exam is 25% pass rate now . It explains why some low score candidates have passed the exam. (lowest score of 53-54/100 according to reddit)
On one hand, this is maybe too high for a so-called prestigious certification, on the other hand, i wish they lower the rate to a reasonable 40%-42% only after i pass the two parts! (so selfishly biaised! )
Could you kindly share the reddit link, please?

nc27

I agree, I know I have studied for myself and this is ok for me... but if I am on this learning journey I would like the certificate to somewhat reflect kind of prestige ... I have passed top quartiles and it was hard to obtain ....

Anyway after the FRM, i will go for the arpm certification and I will start to apply my knowledge by coding. The future is learning by coding not to do a bunch of financial certification and @David Harper CFA FRM shows that in its T5 market videos (r coding example). I think it is a great point from him

Last edited:

Meta

I agree, I know I have studied for myself and this is ok for me... but if I am on this learning journey I would like the certificate to somewhat reflect kind of prestige ... I have passed top quartiles and it was hard to obtain ....

Anyway after the FRM, i will go for the arpm certification and I will start to apply my knowledge by coding. The future is learning by coding not to do a bunch of financial certification and @David Harper CFA FRM shows that in its T5 market videos (r coding example). I think it is a great point from him
I agree that after the core finance skills, you can make a difference with mastering the tools. I contemplate learning code after this certification, but i still have bad souvenir of me trying to code in turbo pascal: Turbo Pascal - Wikipedia. I was not very good at it at that time, but coding seems to be mandatory in the future! Still hesitating between Python and R...

Lu Shu Kai FRM

I agree that after the core finance skills, you can make a difference with mastering the tools. I contemplate learning code after this certification, but i still have bad souvenir of me trying to code in turbo pascal: Turbo Pascal - Wikipedia. I was not very good at it at that time, but coding seems to be mandatory in the future! Still hesitating between Python and R...
BT seems to teach plenty of tutorials in R, perhaps that is a good starting point? I am already fluent in Python and am looking to learn R here.

Actually I have been in a couple of coding jobs and the only constant language I used is SQL. My first job required Python, the second one required Java and VBA, the third one required MATLAB and Julia, and the current one requires VBA and R.

In my opinion, its not really about learning a particular language but really knowing how to pick up new languages quickly.

Last edited: