2021 Exam Update from GARP (for 2020 postponed exam updates only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FutureFRM

For those in Malaysia, I got a response from Garp that the FRM exam on 16January 2021,this Saturday, will be posponed to sometimes in May. We will be tested on 2021 syllabus.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Can someone tell if GARP has posted practice exam for January 2021 FRM Level 2 exam? I could not find it in GARP website.

In their email to us yesterday, they said they would be releasing the 2021 practice exams soon. Usually, they release them before the end of January.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
For those in Malaysia, I got a response from Garp that the FRM exam on 16January 2021,this Saturday, will be posponed to sometimes in May. We will be tested on 2021 syllabus.
Hello @FutureFRM

Thank you for this information. Hopefully, they will be posting this to their website announcements also so I can post more details here. All exam candidates who are postponed to May will be tested on the 2021 curriculum. The only candidates still being tested on the 2020 curriculum are those taking the exam this weekend.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Geneva January exam : called the hotel said the exam was cancelled, but there is no update from Garp. Horrible
Hello @Chrisliu

I'm not sure if this will be the case with Geneva, but there were other exams in October and November that were not canceled. The locations were moved. The original hotel you called may have been canceled, but the exam may be relocated. Unfortunately, GARP didn't announce some of these changes until the day before the exam. Completely unacceptable....I agree! I will continue to watch for postponements and location changes and will post them here.

Chrisliu

Hello @Chrisliu

I'm not sure if this will be the case with Geneva, but there were other exams in October and November that were not canceled. The locations were moved. The original hotel you called may have been canceled, but the exam may be relocated. Unfortunately, GARP didn't announce some of these changes until the day before the exam. Completely unacceptable....I agree! I will continue to watch for postponements and location changes and will post them here.
Just received the email, Geneva was cancelled

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
NOTE: GARP HAS THE DATE OF JANUARY 12TH ON THEIR ANNOUNCEMENT, BUT IT WAS POSTED LAST NIGHT ON THE 14TH. I'M NOT SURE WHEN EMAILS WERE SENT TO CANDIDATES.

UPDATE: JAN 12, 2021
MALAYSIA JANUARY EXAMS POSTPONED TO MAY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its January 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams in Malaysia. Candidates for the Exams will see these changes:
  • FRM Part I candidates: The Exam will now be offered between May 8–21 and will be computer-based. All candidates can select a preferred Exam date within this Exam window by logging in to the portal.
  • FRM Part II candidates: The Exam will now be given on May 15, 2021 via paper and pencil. All candidates scheduled for the January Exam will automatically be registered for the May Exam.

UPDATE: JAN 12, 2021
GENEVA, SWITZERLAND JANUARY EXAMS POSTPONED TO MAY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its January 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams in Geneva, Switzerland. Candidates for the Exams will see these changes:
  • FRM Part I candidates: The Exam will now be offered between May 8–21 and will be computer-based. All candidates can select a preferred Exam date within this Exam window by logging in to the portal.
  • FRM Part II candidates: The Exam will now be given on May 15, 2021 via paper and pencil. All candidates scheduled for the January Exam will automatically be registered for the May Exam.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: JAN 15, 2021
REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES TAKING JANUARY EXAMS IN PARIS

Due to government restrictions regarding COVID-19, candidates in Paris taking the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams on January 16 are required to:
  • Complete and bring with them a copy of the Exception Certificate, accessible here, for all travel outside of the government curfew. Select the first option for the Reason for Travel: “Travel between home and place of professional activity or place of teaching and training, work trips that cannot be deferred.”
  • Print and bring two copies of their Admission Ticket. One Admission ticket will be provided for the Exam, and the second ticket is proof, along with the Exception Certificate, that you are out past curfew for an excused purpose.
Candidates follow these directions to be able to sit for the Exam.

Rblc

I'm so glad I looked at the forum this morning. The fact that these instructions were given the day before the exam and no mails sent out is so shameful and unprofessional. I don't even have words... (well not true ... a lot of swear words... ) . While I knew about the exception certificate, I did not realize they would actually require 2 admission ticket. I just hope they won't rebuke or create difficulties for candidates who have only 1 admission ticket.

Best of luck to all those taking the exam today.

rod707

@Nicole Seaman

Hi Nicole,

Hoping you may be able to provide some advice. I am currently trying to register for the FRM Part 2 exam in May, and on the GARP website they mention you should see available test centres on the website https://home.psiexams.com/#/test-center?p=ERGLDGJQ. However when I search it doesn't show anything in May for Part 2.

I have tried reaching out several times (including trying to call the number listed) to GARP and PSI and no one is responding. Do you have any advice on this or knowledge around it? I would be taking the exam in London.

Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
@Nicole Seaman

Hi Nicole,

Hoping you may be able to provide some advice. I am currently trying to register for the FRM Part 2 exam in May, and on the GARP website they mention you should see available test centres on the website https://home.psiexams.com/#/test-center?p=ERGLDGJQ. However when I search it doesn't show anything in May for Part 2.

I have tried reaching out several times (including trying to call the number listed) to GARP and PSI and no one is responding. Do you have any advice on this or knowledge around it? I would be taking the exam in London.

Thanks.
Hello @rod707,

Unfortunately, we do not have any further information than the candidates have regarding the exam registration process. I have seen this come up in other threads (possibly this one further up in the comments), but I would need to look through the forum to see if any other members have figured out what is going on with the exam locations. If I obtain any information about this, I will be sure to post in the forum.

MarinaFe

Hi all,

does anyone know, if they will offer an exam in Frankfurt in May 2021? So far, Munich is the only choice for Germany at the exam schedule page.

Status
Not open for further replies.