Should I purchase BT study materials before the new curriculum is released for next year?

Sihle

Subscriber
Hi,

Looking to register for level 2 and buy Bionic Turtle's level 2 study pack. I want to find out if i would not be disadvantaged if I buy the study pack now so as to get a head start in my studying - I'm just afraid of curriculum changes...please advise

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,

Looking to register for level 2 and buy Bionic Turtle's level 2 study pack. I want to find out if i would not be disadvantaged if I buy the study pack now so as to get a head start in my studying - I'm just afraid of curriculum changes...please advise
@Sihle The curriculum does not completely change, so it does not hurt for you to purchase one of our study packages before you register for the 2025 exam because most of the materials will remain relevant. However, it is important that you be aware that we do not begin to update the materials until January, and we will continue to update materials throughout the exam period. We cannot begin to update materials on our end until we receive the new curriculum (which we have not received from GARP yet).

It would be helpful for you to take a look at our curriculum analysis spreadsheet to give you an idea of which chapters and concepts have continued to be carried over from year to year. The spreadsheet compares each year's curriculum from 2012 to 2024. This would allow you to decide which chapters to study before updates begin in 2025.