RESOLVED Technical Issue with Mock Exams

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSun9526

I finished the first mock exam but I couldn't get the result. When I refreshed the page I lost all the answers and have to do it again. Anyone can help?? Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
We have been made aware of an issue that is occurring with the interactive mock exams. They are freezing and not providing the results in the end. Our IT team is working to resolve this quickly, but we wanted to make sure our members are aware of this before they decide to begin the interactive mocks.

Hi @Nicole Seaman , thanks for the heads up.

I was planning to do the mock examn this weekend so knowing this I was wondering if the error is only in the scoring at also on the responses.

If that that is the case (not being able to see the score and the responses), can you please provide a sheet with the responses?
I understand that might be some concerns from your side but it is the last week prior to the examn and I guess a lot of the users rely on this exam to test our progress.

Also, I read in another chain that it might be available a second Mock exam. Can you confirm if a second exam would be finally available?

As always thanks on all the work you and David put together to mantain this site!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman , thanks for the heads up.

I was planning to do the mock examn this weekend so knowing this I was wondering if the error is only in the scoring at also on the responses.

If that that is the case (not being able to see the score and the responses), can you please provide a sheet with the responses?
I understand that might be some concerns from your side but it is the last week prior to the examn and I guess a lot of the users rely on this exam to test our progress.

Also, I read in another chain that it might be available a second Mock exam. Can you confirm if a second exam would be finally available?

As always thanks on all the work you and David put together to mantain this site!
@celclevil89 There have only been a few users who experienced an issue, but I wanted to make sure that our members were aware of it. They have experienced the quiz not showing the results at the end. Our IT team is working with the platform that hosts our quizzes to get to the bottom of the issue. This is difficult to troubleshoot because not everyone is having this problem.

I am currently working on an answer key that I can upload to the study planner. It will also include the forum links that are associated with each question. Since we have switched the PDFs to vital source, I cannot upload the full PDF document with all of the answers and explanations to the study planner. Regarding the second mock exam, I have been trying very hard to get that completed and published. I cannot confirm that it will be available before the Part 2 exam this month.

We appreciate your patience as we try to resolve this issue. I will comment here when I have completed the answer key document and it has been uploaded to the study planner.

Do you have any ETA on when the solutions would be posted?
Again, I have not gone through the exam yet and to be honest I am only concern about the answer rather than the score. If the anwers are still working (similar to the quiz reviews where you have the results prior to the end) that is fine for me.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Do you have any ETA on when the solutions would be posted?
Again, I have not gone through the exam yet and to be honest I am only concern about the answer rather than the score. If the anwers are still working (similar to the quiz reviews where you have the results prior to the end) that is fine for me.
@celclevil89 I am trying very hard to get them completed by the end of the day today. I have to create documents for all mocks, which is quite time-consuming. Unfortunately, it isn't just a quick upload of the solutions.

MAlom5561

Hi @Nicole Seaman

I have just completed the first mock exam and I was reviewing my answers. I clicked on the z-table link and it took me to another page. The problem is that I am unable to get back to the same page and my answers disappeared. Whenever I go back to the exam it does not show the answers to the questions. IT's like I haven't completed the mock exam.

Is there any way I can get back to my "solved" mock exam?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman

I have just completed the first mock exam and I was reviewing my answers. I clicked on the z-table link and it took me to another page. The problem is that I am unable to get back to the same page and my answers disappeared. Whenever I go back to the exam it does not show the answers to the questions. IT's like I haven't completed the mock exam.

Is there any way I can get back to my "solved" mock exam?
@MAlom5561 Unfortunately, this is a feature that has been discussed before. It is the reason that I added in large, bold, red letters before each mock exam that you can't click on any links or you will lose your progress in the exam. Currently, this is the only interactive quiz option that we have on our platform, so I've done my best to make sure everyone is aware of any issues or things that they should avoid.

quiz warning.png

Our IT team is currently working with the platform host on issues with the progress not being saved or the quizzes not recording results, but that is different from clicking out of the quiz. I am not aware of any way that the platform can change that feature because it isn't a bug or an issue. It is how they've set up the quiz feature.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I have uploaded a PDF for each of the mock exams in the study planner. The PDF includes an answer key (just the letter answer), along with the forum links where you can find the full answers and explanations. Hopefully, this will help with the temporary issues that are occurring with the mock exams. We appreciate everyone's patience!

asimo2123

hello! I have a question, I have the advanced package but I dont see any mock exams on the materials. is this something that is posted closer to the exam date or do I need an expert package to get them? Thanks! @Nicole Seaman

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
hello! I have a question, I have the advanced package but I dont see any mock exams on the materials. is this something that is posted closer to the exam date or do I need an expert package to get them? Thanks! @Nicole Seaman
@asimo2123 There are currently two mock exams published for Part 1 and one mock exam for Part 2. These will be updated closer to the exam date in May, but you should still have access to them now with any study package. They are located under the Part 1 or Part 2 Review sections of the study planner.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Have you guys added more Mock exams for FRM Part 2? I see only one available at the moment.
@rajvar67 There are currently two mock exams published for Part 2. If you are not seeing 2 mock exams, please send me a private message with a screenshot, so I can help further. Thank you.

PTayl2222

Hello Nicole,

I just finished the first mock exam, for part 1 and the screen hasn't refreshed. All I see is this (attached image). It's been on this page for about 10 minutes now.

Is there still an ongoing issue with the mock exams? I just spent 4 hours completing this first mock exam and would really like to know how I did. (not to mention my exam is on Friday)

Is there something I can do to access the results?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 10.32.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 10.32.08 PM.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 14

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello Nicole,

I just finished the first mock exam, for part 1 and the screen hasn't refreshed. All I see is this (attached image). It's been on this page for about 10 minutes now.

Is there still an ongoing issue with the mock exams? I just spent 4 hours completing this first mock exam and would really like to know how I did. (not to mention my exam is on Friday)

Is there something I can do to access the results?
@PTayl2222 I am very sorry to hear that this happened to you. There are no ongoing issues with the mocks or quizzes that I have seen. There have been no issues brought up by other customers, and I went through all mock exams last week to make sure everything was working properly. Usually, when this happens, it is an issue with the internet connection, and unfortunately, we cannot prevent that because it is not on our end. I checked the results for this mock exam, and there are no results showing under your username. There are many other user results showing from the past week, though.

KKima8383

Hi @Nicole Seaman is it possible for me to view my solved answers after doing the mock exam? I completed the first one and received my results, but didn't see any button to review my answers (don't know whether I missed it). In any case can they be retrieved somehow?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman is it possible for me to view my solved answers after doing the mock exam? I completed the first one and received my results, but didn't see any button to review my answers (don't know whether I missed it). In any case can they be retrieved somehow?
Hello @KKima8383 At the end of the mocks, there is a button that you can click that will show you the results with all of your answers, along with the correct answers. Unfortunately, there is no a way for us to export your answers into a document. This is why we provide the blank answer key so you can write your answers down as you go. I will copy your answers into the blank answer key and send it to you in a private message, but if you take another mock, just make sure to write your answers down as you go. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.