Course Missing materials in the study planner

firstplace

I'm new to BT.

Can I assume that when only question sets are posted, I'm supposed to actually read the readings?

IE: The Essentials of Risk Management 2nd Edition only has the question sets.

brian.field

Subscriber
The question sets provide deep explanations as well. It may be the case that BT feels the question sets are sufficient. However, it may also be the case that BT hasn't had a chance to produce study notes or perhaps the subject is so brief that notes are not warranted. At the end of the day, I would suggest reading the original readings plus the BT notes and questions - wherever they might exist!

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
Yes Brian questions ssets should be supplemented with readings whenever one can. Readings+questions goes well hand in hand. Question sets doees clarify a lot of things and also give enough practice for the exam. When i do not understand somthing i do questions related to it. To understand it better.
to get most of the practice questions do as:
Read the Reading if not understood properly->do practice questions then again read the reading this shall help in clarifying and understanding the Aim reading.
Do and redo(1/2/3 times if you like) the practice questions because it will help you grasp the concepts discussed in the question better. 3 for topics you are not comfortable with.
practice practice and practice to ace the exam thats it.
Thanks

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
The question sets provide deep explanations as well. It may be the case that BT feels the question sets are sufficient. However, it may also be the case that BT hasn't had a chance to produce study notes or perhaps the subject is so brief that notes are not warranted. At the end of the day, I would suggest reading the original readings plus the BT notes and questions - wherever they might exist!
As @brianhfield stated, we are currently in the process of updating our materials to coincide with the 2015 curriculum, and this is why certain materials may not be published yet. We appreciate everyone's patience as we prepare and publish the new materials. :)
  • Our question sets come from our daily practice questions that are published HERE each day. Once we have a completed question set, we publish it in the study planner.
  • Please see our announcement HERE in the forum regarding our publishing process.
  • Also, see our FAQ page HERE and HERE regarding materials that are not published.
Thank you,

Nicole