Votes: 4 28.6%
  • I found the P1 exam to be easier than expected

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
We hope that everyone did well on the FRM Part 1 exam! We would love to hear your feedback about your exam experience.
  • How did it go?
  • Did you encounter unexpected questions?
  • Which topics were tested?
  • Did you find it difficult?
Please also fill out the poll at the top of this post. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

Note: This is ONLY for the Part 1 Exam. Part 2 Exam Feedback can be discussed
HERE.

KCohe1250

Subscriber
This exam was definitely not quite what I expected. There were many qualitative questions about PnL results and risk on hypothetical trades, and many questions that put me in situations and asked, "as risk manager in this business... what is the right course of action here?" etc. Overall, I found them a bit vague and frustrating. I think my strongest suit is my quant skills and I definitely prioritized studying quant concepts more than certain hypothetical scenarios. What's funny to me is that the quant skills have helped me the most in my current role as a market risk analyst, but for the exam I wish I had spent more time looking at trading scenarios of specific financial products like currency swaps and mortgage-backed securities. I have no idea if I passed, I'm currently anxiously awaiting results.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Update - I passed 1.1.1.1.! THANK YOU BIONIC TURTLE TEAM!
Also passed. Thank you Bionic!
passed with 1111, thanks a lot!
@KCohe1250 @ARama5559 @kc Congratulations on passing Part 1 of the exam! If you could take a minute to fill out the exam results poll that I posted in the forum, it would be really helpful to us. Thanks so much! :)