FAQ After Exam Work Experience Verifying Time 2020/2021

mattheweidinger

I submitted my work experience on 11th January. I called them on Tuesday and was connected to a woman. As a general rule in life, I feel you're more likely to get folk to help you if you ask nicely and politely. I took that attitude here and asked her if she could provide an update on my submission. She checked my records, stated that it's been less than 8 weeks since I submitted my application and that this process usually takes 8-10 weeks. However, she'll ask the work experience committee if there's any way to get this approved by the end of the week. I thanked her and hung up the phone. And voila, today is Friday, and I just got me work experience approval email. I'm officially a certified FRM! So, hang in there everybody but if you're impatient like me, then maybe do what I did and maybe you get lucky like I did. Thanks Nicole and David for all your help over the last 2 years!

Maybe we should all do as @niteshaidasani has! I'll call GARP next week.

I have been in contact with a few higher GARP admins over the past year regarding the exam cancellations...As a general rule, the official GARP e-mails appear to be formatted as [email protected]. So if someone wants to get a hold of that Richard A. guy, his e-mail is probably

[email protected]

davidovg

I submitted the 4th December and received approval yesterday. Apparently they didn’t respect the First come, First served principle but instead “who’s yelling louder”.

I submitted the 4th December and received approval yesterday. Apparently they didn’t respect the First come, First served principle but instead “who’s yelling louder”.
Wow. I have mixed emotions after reading this. I'm happy for you, and at the same time disheartened for everyone else here who is still waiting. If you don't mind, could you tell us if you had to make extraordinary steps to get approved? If yes, what were these?

davidovg

I have written two emails to GARP asking them to communicate to all of us what is the expected time to verify experience. Thought that this would be more professional than keeping us without any feedback ( in fact just one email e.g. « we are overwhelmed by all candidates etc. « would have done the trick ). My emails never got response of course.

SZ_Ed

I submitted my work experiences soon after I received my exam results on 4th Dec 2020. I have enough work experience so I hoped that it could be a quick process for me. Two months later in Feb, I wrote to GARP and asking about the status of my review, no response. I am not sure what to hope for now having seen some of fellow members feedbacks...

flyingpan

i called them today and was told that that the reviewing team is going through cases submitted around mid-December. I submitted mine on 1/4 so was told that I will be waiting for another 2 or 3 weeks till the end of March to expect my review results.

reza083

Hi everyone
I appreciate if you could give me a feedback here. I submitted my work experience in Feb and today I reviewed my submission and noticed on the right side of screen there are 2 sections called "Notify your Supervisor?" and "Education" which for me both of them are empty. I contacted GARP and the person mentioned she can push it back to me so I can add those sections. I don't remember what I put in the submission at the time but I feel unlikely to miss such sections. Considering the push-back can potentially put me at the end of the line again can you guys please advise:

1) if yours is the same as mine or you can see your supervisor info and education info in that "view your submission"
screen?
2) Do you remember what was the supervisor input screen like? was it in a way that I could miss it?
3) Do you think I should ask them to push it back to me or just let it be for now?

Your input will be appreciated.

mcrisk7

I submitted my work experience on 11th January. I called them on Tuesday and was connected to a woman. As a general rule in life, I feel you're more likely to get folk to help you if you ask nicely and politely. I took that attitude here and asked her if she could provide an update on my submission. She checked my records, stated that it's been less than 8 weeks since I submitted my application and that this process usually takes 8-10 weeks. However, she'll ask the work experience committee if there's any way to get this approved by the end of the week. I thanked her and hung up the phone. And voila, today is Friday, and I just got me work experience approval email. I'm officially a certified FRM! So, hang in there everybody but if you're impatient like me, then maybe do what I did and maybe you get lucky like I did. Thanks Nicole and David for all your help over the last 2 years!
Good to know. Which number did you call? There are several on the garp webpage and I will call from germany.

aerp

Hi everyone
I appreciate if you could give me a feedback here. I submitted my work experience in Feb and today I reviewed my submission and noticed on the right side of screen there are 2 sections called "Notify your Supervisor?" and "Education" which for me both of them are empty. I contacted GARP and the person mentioned she can push it back to me so I can add those sections. I don't remember what I put in the submission at the time but I feel unlikely to miss such sections. Considering the push-back can potentially put me at the end of the line again can you guys please advise:

1) if yours is the same as mine or you can see your supervisor info and education info in that "view your submission"
screen?
2) Do you remember what was the supervisor input screen like? was it in a way that I could miss it?
3) Do you think I should ask them to push it back to me or just let it be for now?

Your input will be appreciated.
I see the details I submitted under the Notify you supervisor and Education sections.

crazyteamhk

finally they replied my email after 1 month, and all the certificate will be mailed out in the next month after you have been certified.

still looking forward to that while I have been certified in February.

nicolajin

Get approval today 2 hours after sending my first inquiry email to GARP member service.
I submited my experience on Dec 21, 2020.
I think inquiry email really helps if we can keep it in a polite and professional manner and let them know your concerns.
Even if it may not directly help you, it may facilitate the whole process for people waiting in the query which in return helps you as well.
Good luck for those who are still in waiting!

Feola

Get approval today 2 hours after sending my first inquiry email to GARP member service.
I submited my experience on Dec 21, 2020.
I think inquiry email really helps if we can keep it in a polite and professional manner and let them know your concerns.
Even if it may not directly help you, it may facilitate the whole process for people waiting in the query which in return helps you as well.
Good luck for those who are still in waiting!
Could you tell what type of inquiry did you make?

nicolajin

Could you tell what type of inquiry did you make?
its a very general inquiry for verifying time.

Just tell them you've submit your experience for xx months, remember to mention your garp id in both title line and email text.

let them know you are fully understand their frustation and its a hard time for everyone. And then let them know any updates will be appreciated.

In my case, they didnt response my email directly, but i did get my approval hours there after.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
its a very general inquiry for verifying time.

Just tell them you've submit your experience for xx months, remember to mention your garp id in both title line and email text.

let them know you are fully understand their frustation and its a hard time for everyone. And then let them know any updates will be appreciated.

In my case, they didnt response my email directly, but i did get my approval hours there af
Hello, can you pls mention the email I'd and phone number of GARP for communication. I believe email id should be [email protected]. pls confirm.

In addition to the email address above, here is the contact page for GARP: https://www.garp.org/#!/about/contact-us, which includes phone numbers.